Weird Fan Issue

Hi everyone,

last night one of my cooling fans started acting weird, it basically starts spinning and then suddenly slows down with rattling noises and comes to a full stop and then it repeats the cycle, computer is booting normally and the rest of the hardware works fine including 2 other cooling fans. Any ideas what would cause that?
PC - Power Spec X601 water-cooled
i5 9600K
GTX 1070Ti
16gb ram
390z motherboard

I’ll include a link with the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G6BRjLobVzpuMwbRs7zNvTtnEKQc5qle/view?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2020
    The radiator fans in these systems are actually connected to a a splitter, which plugs into a single header on the board.  Since it's just a single fan having a problem, that's a pretty good indication the fan itself is just going bad, unfortunately. 

I looked up the purchase with your email address, and unfortunately it appears the system is out of the one-year warranty and I didn't see an extended warranty purchased with it. If you didn't want to do it yourself (which I completely understand given the nature of this type of system) we can still fix it at the service desk, there would just be normal labor charges for the repair. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99