Refurbished 65" TV - first time plugin, 30% of the screen is dead!

Hello, a couple weeks ago I got one of those TCL 6 series 65" screens, and I just got around to trying it out yesterday. To my surprise and dismay, while the physical screen looked undamaged, it was clearly dropped during the refurbishing/restocking process at some point. The Microcenter return policy doesn't say much about refurbished units like this, so I'd love some clarity before I try to head in for a return:
  1. The "original packaging" was a nondescript, blank cardboard box that had to be cut open to get the TV out safely. Do I need to return the TV in that box taped-up? How best should I do that?
  2. For the same reason, the materials for the TV/stand cannot be put back into the original baggies they were in. Should I take apart the stand and place the screws in a ziplock bag or something?
  3. If there are no more of the 65" TCL series 6 units available at my location, are there any other options other than just getting a refund for this minor league pain in the ass?
Thanks so much!

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We do apologize for the trouble with the new product and I'm sure we can get it exchanged for you. We'll have to work with a manager and see what we can do if there are no other units available to exchange it for you. I'm going to open a support ticket and contact you via email for your receipt information and we'll proceed from there.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99