Can I use any PSU??

Smelyn
Smelyn
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Cases and Power Supplies
I am thinking of getting asrock atx motherboard (b450 pro4) with a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and a GRx 1660 Super. I’m new to building Pcs so i’m gonna post more questions.

Comments

• Well you could start by googling roughly the average power draw for the GPU and CPU when under a medium to heavy strain. But for this build I'd guess a 650 W PSU to 750 W would be fine. I've found its best to go safe with a little more power draw than less with a pricy gaming rig.(I spent 5 years ploting my rig which if you like you can probably see in my community profile. XD.) Plus a PSU head room can give you the option to upgrade your GPU at will if you want to. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    To add to what @BubbleMax said, a 650W PSU would be plenty for this kind of rig. Even a 500W would be perfectly fine. 

Personally, I'd recommend going with a power supply that's at least 80+ Bronze certified as that'll give you a good baseline for efficiency without being too pricey. If you're thinking really long term, a high-quality 80+ Gold like an EVGA Supernova or Seasonic Focus PSU should last you a very long time. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99