PC Headsets

Options
How exactly to headsets work for PC? I am familiar with the separate audio out and mic in 3.5mm jacks, but most headsets for pc come with one. Does that still work? Also, if it is a USB connection, does that circumvent the need for a dual 3.5mm cable or splitter?  Thanks :)

Comments

• Enamelized
    Options
    Hey @wparody depending on the headset as you mentioned will give you a couple of options to connect. The 3.5mm would plug into the headphones jack or the line out if audio on the mobo and give you your sound. The USB connection is normally just plug and play, but sometimes there could be a app for the headset that might offer further sound settings/adjustments.
     I've got both types that I use with my RIG to switch it up once in awhile so there's a set of Astro A40TR's with a mixamp using USB but can just use the Line out with 3.5mm and not use the mixamp and also a Razer Kraken that hooks up USB.
     The other option you can find also uses USB but it's going to be the dongle you plug in and allows the headset to sync to the PC and then get your audio. I've got a Logitech G933 that connect in that manor. I do know with each of those manufacturers they've got applications/software to allow for audio adjustments and in some cases maybe RGB controls.
    I hope this might help a litte
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    If you're talking about headsets that have a single 3.5mm connection for both microphone and headphone audio as opposed to two separate, you either need a system that has a dual head/microphone port, or to get a splitter like this if your PC doesn't have on: https://www.microcenter.com/product/455894/qvs-35mm-female-to-dual-35mm-male-speaker-microphone-headset-splitter-6-in---black

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99