NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• Any delivery dates for the Microcenter in Westbury NY? Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
  • BIGDADDY
    BIGDADDY ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    RX 6000 and Nvidia 3000, overclocking does it void warranties?
  • I heard you need to get a voucher the night before so you can line up for new stock for the upcoming day. Is this true and if so how do I do that exactly? This is at the Dallas location.
    Thank you!
  • @IcyJMars It varies from store to store, however, typically a voucher is required to be able to purchase a new GPU. The vouchers are typically handed out in the morning based on the number of cards we may have received.  I'd recommend visiting your local Micro Center and speaking with an associate to get more details about their specific methods. 👍
  • BIGDADDY said:
    RX 6000 and Nvidia 3000, overclocking does it void warranties?
    If the overclock causes damage to the card, it would not be covered by the warranty. However, the act of overclocking does not void the warranty. Most GPUs natively overclock themselves to some effect.
  • My wife and I both work in the medical field primarily with covid patients. So we do not go into stores usually a friend or family member will pick us up to things if we need them. This was my plan to get my own RTX 3070 GPU reserve a unit online and have a family member pick it up for me. However, highly desired items require in-person purchasing. This makes me sick to my stomach and will never shop there again as they are completely void of others well being.  This is the first experience with mricocenter that has been sick and twisted, to be frank, this usually great store requires in-person ONLY purchasing of high price items. Which, is a shame as we work so hard and are home board out of our minds while kids buy these GPUs and sell them on eBay for twice the retail price. I attempted to call and explain my situation but was hung up on as the store was so busy with people rushing to get their hands on these new video cards. 
    Thanks, microcenter for the support of the people that are putting our lives on the line during this pandemic. I hope this company continues to thrive and those extra purchases that are produced by forcing potentially extremely contagious people into their stores. Truly a shame.. 
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Hello @ncase1989 Sorry to hear about your experience shopping with us. However, we have put several procedures in place to create a safe shopping environment. For more information about the steps we've taken click here.
    These items are limited to one per household due to the high demand. This is also done in an effort to keep those who would be looking to resell the items restricted from being able to purchase multiple items. Once we start to receive more stock of this item I would expect that they would become available for in-store reservation. However, it would still require coming to the store to purchase the item.
    Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
  • Thank you for the useless answer and lack of a solution to acquiring One of these CPUs. I appreciate all your due diligence. Also, thank you for the lack of effort to resolve my frustration. I will still no longer shop at Micro Center. Being a Contributing member of society and spending a lot of  money over the years at Micro Center. I regret contributing to the lack of fairness and equality. This company practices during a Or people are dying on a daily basis because someone had to I have the latest product. I truly hope your policy changes for the better and your company can grow in a manner that doesn’t put people in harms way and allows them to acquire the items they desire.
    Considering I thoroughly enjoyed that store but as a human being that continues to try to improve our society and contribute in a manner that allows advancement. I will never step foot in the Micro Center ever again.
    Thank you for the years of great service! 
  • I'm looking to buy an RTX 3070. But I'm not sure what to do. Every morning I check the website to see if there are any cards available but it's always out of stock. Does Microcenter update their inventory every morning before opening? Should I go to a store when they open so I can buy it in person? Please any advice would help right now. My system is all completed just needs the graphics card. Im writing this on 11/28/2020 after the launch.
  • Saeem said:
    I'm looking to buy an RTX 3070. But I'm not sure what to do. Every morning I check the website to see if there are any cards available but it's always out of stock. Does Microcenter update their inventory every morning before opening? Should I go to a store when they open so I can buy it in person? Please any advice would help right now. My system is all completed just needs the graphics card. Im writing this on 11/28/2020 after the launch.
    Lol, Where have you been? Have you done any research at all? Microcenter said that any of these cards wont be available online. Well at least read what other people said above. Also, people been camping out to buy these cards. Stocks come everyday but it depends on what they have, if you are first in line you would be able to get either 3070 3090 or 3080, 6800xt are rare tho
  • ncase1989 said:
    Thank you for the useless answer and lack of a solution to acquiring One of these CPUs. I appreciate all your due diligence. Also, thank you for the lack of effort to resolve my frustration. I will still no longer shop at Micro Center. Being a Contributing member of society and spending a lot of  money over the years at Micro Center. I regret contributing to the lack of fairness and equality. This company practices during a Or people are dying on a daily basis because someone had to I have the latest product. I truly hope your policy changes for the better and your company can grow in a manner that doesn’t put people in harms way and allows them to acquire the items they desire.
    Considering I thoroughly enjoyed that store but as a human being that continues to try to improve our society and contribute in a manner that allows advancement. I will never step foot in the Micro Center ever again.
    First of all, he doesn't have to get your problem resolved because you would contact customer service for that. Second of all, claiming you treat covid patient so you cant come to buy and can only buy online is bs tbh. I mean treating covid patients doesnt make you above everyone else. Well yes you can get that vacxin first when it comes out, but demanding people to give you a gaming graphic card because of this reason is just bs. Even if they put it online you wont be able to buy it because it will be sold out before you can even hit that add to cart button. So if you want one so badly just come and camp out like everyone else, and stop crying. If you want it but not as bad then wait, simple as that.
  • Steveton said:
    ncase1989 said:
    Thank you for the useless answer and lack of a solution to acquiring One of these CPUs. I appreciate all your due diligence. Also, thank you for the lack of effort to resolve my frustration. I will still no longer shop at Micro Center. Being a Contributing member of society and spending a lot of  money over the years at Micro Center. I regret contributing to the lack of fairness and equality. This company practices during a Or people are dying on a daily basis because someone had to I have the latest product. I truly hope your policy changes for the better and your company can grow in a manner that doesn’t put people in harms way and allows them to acquire the items they desire.
    First of all, he doesn't have to get your problem resolved because you would contact customer service for that. Second of all, claiming you treat covid patient so you cant come to buy and can only buy online is bs tbh. I mean treating covid patients doesnt make you above everyone else. Well yes you can get that vacxin first when it comes out, but demanding people to give you a gaming graphic card because of this reason is just bs. Even if they put it online you wont be able to buy it because it will be sold out before you can even hit that add to cart button. So if you want one so badly just come and camp out like everyone else, and stop crying. If you want it but not as bad then wait, simple as that.
    The point isn't about being given a card, but a safe way to try and purchase them that do not require physical contact with others. People with high risk jobs trying to avoid unnecessary contact are showing a rather high level of respect to the community by limiting their social interactions to a minimum.

All Microcenter needs to do is create a waiting list that you can join by showing up once or calling and ask to join the list. By forcing people to show up multiple times and interact with staff to find out any information about new hardware is really a dangerous way to go about selling these, and the time spent by employees having to continually tell people 'we have nothing today' is wasted time that would be saved if they just managed a waiting list. 

Microcenter customer service is rather weak, I tried to contact my store and via phone and chat and forums I never actually got a hold of the local store. It seems the only way to actually talk to your local store is to do it in person, which is absurd with covid being around for nearly a year and you cant easily contact a store. 
  • Listen I’m all about being safe and what not during this covid situation. So if your not comfortable or don’t want to come into the store. There’s other ways of getting these items on online retailers like amazon, Newegg, etc. And I get why they won’t do online purchases for the new items and if you don’t get why then I’d suggest you read a few reddit posts or even this forum. They are hard to get and scalpers are not helping. They can’t satisfy everyone’s needs with this covid thing, they can only do what they can and if it’s not good enough for you then try another retailer. Just my opinion hope everyone stays safe, happy holidays and god bless!
  • Brad_Isnard
    Brad_Isnard ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Mario said:
    Listen I’m all about being safe and what not during this covid situation. So if your not comfortable or don’t want to come into the store. There’s other ways of getting these items on online retailers like amazon, Newegg, etc. And I get why they won’t do online purchases for the new items and if you don’t get why then I’d suggest you read a few reddit posts or even this forum. They are hard to get and scalpers are not helping. They can’t satisfy everyone’s needs with this covid thing, they can only do what they can and if it’s not good enough for you then try another retailer. Just my opinion hope everyone stays safe, happy holidays and god bless!
    Exactly. Being brick and mortar is the biggest differentiator for MicroCenter. If you want an online only experience, you need to use Newegg. I go to MC, because I want to walk out with what I want that day. Sure, I’d like to know if something is in stock before I make the trip, but I don’t feel bad for the people who just want to cut in line and reserve online to go get at their convenience at all. Not until stock normalizes. 
  • Any updates for Rockville, Md to Fairfax, Va?
  • ncase1989 said:
    Dear Karen/Kevin,

Get in line. You may not have noticed that every PC enthusiast in the world is trying to get the new CPUs and GPUs right now, but they are, including many people with important jobs. You are not special. You are entitled, rude, and out of line taking it out on an employee of the forum, who has no ability to help you, even if they for some reason wanted to after the way you spoke to them. 

I finally got my 5900X at Micro Center on Wednesday by investing some time into it. Something you’ll have to do if you want one any time soon. I went and got some lunch and waited from the safety of my vehicle to see if they would get a UPS or Fedex delivery. Sure enough, UPS pulled up, I went inside, and a while later walked out with the CPU I wanted. I didn’t even have to shamelessly drop what I do for a living or be rude to employees to get it. Amazing. 

Best of luck to you, but kindly get out of here with your entitled attacks. 
    Well said! 
  • Whats the deal, will micro center be getting 3060ti on december 2nd?
  • Leom said:
    Any updates for Rockville, Md to Fairfax, Va?
    I too am curious about these stores. Are people still lining up before opening? They getting cards on any regular basis, or at all?
  • John_S13 said:
    Leom said:
    I too am curious about these stores. Are people still lining up before opening? They getting cards on any regular basis, or at all?
    Yes, people are lining up every single day at the FFX location. It's been that way since the original RTX 30 series drop. Will continue to be this way until supply meets demand. (Looks like Q1.5 2021)
  • I figured as much. thanks for taking time to share this info, good luck and everybody please be safe out there.
  • John_S13 said:
    Leom said:
    I've tried 3 weeks in a row arriving around 7a (too late) and being 30+ on the waitlist then getting a text later saying none in stock or sold out. So maybe I really need to try earlier.
  • Leom said:
    I've tried 3 weeks in a row arriving around 7a (too late) and being 30+ on the waitlist then getting a text later saying none in stock or sold out. So maybe I really need to try earlier.

This is nuts! Never had so much trouble trying to spend $700+. Good luck to you.
  • Whats the deal, will micro center be getting 3060ti on december 2nd?

Wondering too, but there's no official word yet. Expect that to change tomorrow as NVIDIA is supposed to announce it and sellers will announce shortly after. Predicting a line like other cards. Was at MC a few days ago and was shocked at how many people were buying up even old cards. In fact, according to the online store of my location (Mayfield Heights, OH), there's nary a GeForce card to be had, let alone any RTX. The AMD cards have been selling like hotcakes too.
  • Any info on 3080s at the St.Louis Park, Minnesota location?
    Definitely up to waiting before store opening, just wanna make sure I can do it on the right day haha
  • Well seems like there was a change this morning as to how MC is doing things in Rockville, MD. 

I arrived at 6:15a, 5 people in line in front of me. I was told by the guys in line, who were told by manager, that there were only 2 3070's, 1 3090 and no AMD CPUs or new 6000 series cards. After some time standing in line staring at my phone I asked if they were still doing the waitlist (via text) and the guys in line said no, so I left. Lets hope that taking their word for it was not a mistake :)
  • Now that the 3060 Ti has been announced, what's the word on Micro Center carrying these cards and are they already in stock waiting for the official "gun" to go off on being available to sale or have they yet to be shipped to Micro Center stores?
  • John_S13
    John_S13 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2020
    Leom said:
    Well seems like there was a change this morning as to how MC is doing things in Rockville, MD. 

I arrived at 6:15a, 5 people in line in front of me. I was told by the guys in line, who were told by manager, that there were only 2 3070's, 1 3090 and no AMD CPUs or new 6000 series cards. After some time standing in line staring at my phone I asked if they were still doing the waitlist (via text) and the guys in line said no, so I left. Lets hope that taking their word for it was not a mistake :)
    Thanks for posting and sharing this info. So no 3080s at all. Boo. Fairfax shows a 3808 Asus Strix as being in stock but I can't go that route (I only have x2 8 pin power connectors available on my psu.
  • So... about those 3060 ti's...  :D Any word on how many each store might have?  I plan to show up tomorrow morning in Denver but need a short one for my itx build.  High hopes—low expectations.
  • Also wondering about the stock situation for the 3060 ti
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99