How to Reserve an Item Online

At Micro Center, we do provide customers with the option to reserve items that are sold in-store using our website. You can click here to navigate to our website. 

What you will need:
-Credit/Debit Card Information
-Billing Address

We will only place a $1 hold on the credit card you enter online upon placing the reservation. The full payment for the order will still have to made in-store at the time of pickup. You may use any valid payment method to pay for the order in the store. You are not required to use the same card that you entered online. Also, you do not need to create a Micro Center Insider Account to reserve an item, you can select Continue as Guest.

*Note: Not all items that are sold in-store are available to be reserved online. This would be up to management.*

1) First, you will need to make sure the store is set correctly. You can do this by clicking Change at the top of the screen.

Then you can click the drop-down menu to see the list of stores we have. Click on the store you would like to pick up the order at. For this example, I will be selecting the Columbus store.

Next, find the item or items that you would like to reserve. Once you click on an item you can click Add to Cart.

After you click that, you will be taken to your cart. Under Shipping Options, you will want to select In-Store Pickup, then under the store selection make sure your local Micro Center is listed here. If you need to make any changes to these, be sure to click Update Shipping Options (see screenshot below)

You can click either Continue Shopping if you want to add more items to your cart or if you are ready to checkout you can click Reserve Now

Next, you will be asked to either: sign into your Micro Center Insider, Create a Micro Center Insider Account, or Continue as Guest. If you have an account or want to create one, you are welcome to do that here. For this example, I will select Continue as Guest.

Next, you will need to enter your billing address. Once you have entered this information, click Review and Confirm at the bottom.

The last step will just ask you to enter your credit card information. Once you have that entered, take a moment to review your order to make sure everything is correct. If you have a Promo code, then you enter that at the top of this screen. Once you are finished reviewing your order, click Reserve Now on the right.

After you click Reserve Now, you will see a reservation number displayed on the next screen. Be sure to write this down or take a screenshot as you will need it to pick up the order. 

All you have to do now is wait for the confirmation email letting you know the order is ready for pickup. We do recommend waiting for this email before heading to the store. Here is an example of that confirmation email. Reservations are held for 3 days at your local Micro Center store.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Comments

• What if we didn't take a photo of the reservation number?
  • Once you receive your confirmation email, we should be able to find your reservation using your name or the email address you've used to place the reservation!
  • Hey all. I reserved something online but drove by the store before they told me it was ready for pickup. There was the biggest line wrapping around the store (Tustin,CA).  Do I have to get on that monster line for a pickup????
  • I placed order for processor. I can also see $1 hold with my credit card. Not received any confirmation email or reservation number. I forgot to take screenshot of the reservation number.  How long does it take to receive confirmation email for the item purchased online.
    Thanks
  • @DanL
    Yes, you will likely have to wait in that line as it is probably the line to get into the store in general. We do still have to limit the number of people inside to follow state and CDC guidelines so even with a reservation order, you would not be able to skip this.
  • @Ritho
    The amount of time it takes to fulfill a reservation order will depend on a few different things. With it being Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, it will take a bit longer to fulfill them. I would not be able to provide an estimate as it will be different for each store and for each item. If you ever want to check the status of it then you can text your local Micro Center with the order number and we can check the status of that for you. If you do not have the order number then we can use your email address to look it up.
  • LostSale
    LostSale
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Sorry, but after waiting till near end of business day for confirmation email, I've spent more than 4 hours on the road the next 2 days running to get to the store twice simply with the intention to pick up the item I had reserved for pick up only to find lines of people both times, I can't say how many hundred, but a lot and for that line not to be moving at any pace reasonable. 
    I don't mind a reasonable wait given the circumstances but the system isn't working for me and I can't stand in line for hours.
    After 3 days, I have given up. I'll now have to look around for what I need. 
    Since I can't get there again before the reservation expires to pick up the item you can put it back on the shelve for someone else. The reservation number for Tustin MicroCenter
  • Hello @LostSale
    I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Unfortunately, the amount of time it takes to reserve an item varies so that is why we recommend waiting for the confirmation email before heading to the store. 
    As for your experience at the store, I understand why the wait is frustrating. Because of COVID-19 we do have to limit the number of people inside at all times, even some are there to just pick up an order. We cannot really work around this as we have to follow state and CDC guidelines. With it being Black Friday/Cyber Monday the wait has been much longer and we have a lot more traffic at all of our stores. 
    If you can provide me with the reservation number I am happy to get this order canceled for you. 
  • Recently I completed a computer build (all parts bought at Microcenter) and have only the video card left to find and purchase. In the mean time, I'm using my old video board, so I'm not actually in a hurry. The new build is working very nicely with the older card.

Why is it that I cannot place a reserve on an item that is out of stock?

The whole idea of a reserve is perfect for just these kinds of occasions where placing ones name on a waiting list is the best that can be expected.  I'm after an nVidia 3080, and i do understand that these are out of stock everywhere. All I want is to place my order and I'll perfectly willing to wait for it to come in. I'm wanting to support my local store and spend my dollars locally. I'm even willing to put money down on the order with the promise that when it arrives, a message will be sent, and I can simply come pick it up. This doesn't seem to be an unreasonable request.

At present I'm on a waiting list at EVGA. They will hold the item for 8 hours and give me that amount of time to complete payment. They are promising delivery in December. Simple enough right?

Why can't Microcenter do this?

Last time I refreshed the page to find that some nVidia 3080's were in stock, however once I arrived at the store, I was told that all of the cards had sold out in the first 1/2 hour of the day.  Now I'm questioning if the webpage can even be trusted. I've decided that after having wasted time and effort driving out to the store and coming up empty, this will not ever happen again.

If you all are using these video cards as a leader item to get people into the store, this isn't how you win customers.
  • @TS_JosephF - Not sure if this was intended or not but, I tried placing an order for an in-store pick up for a printer at a store that only has one of these printers in inventory. However, I was not able to reserve this printer because my local store is temporarily closed due to some deep-cleaning related to the Covid-pandemic.
    Any chance I could call in to a tech or sales team to place this order over the phone? Or could y'all change the website to allow reservations for in-store picks and then just let the customer know when the store opens in order for them to go pick up the item?
    Site shows store is temp. closed for 'deep cleaning':

• rvaz said:
    @TS_JosephF - Not sure if this was intended or not but, I tried placing an order for an in-store pick up for a printer at a store that only has one of these printers in inventory. However, I was not able to reserve this printer because my local store is temporarily closed due to some deep-cleaning related to the Covid-pandemic.
    Any chance I could call in to a tech or sales team to place this order over the phone? Or could y'all change the website to allow reservations for in-store picks and then just let the customer know when the store opens in order for them to go pick up the item?
    Site shows store is temp. closed for 'deep cleaning':

Greetings. If the store is temporarily closed, they are unable to work on pickup orders. You will be able to place an order once the store is open again. I am sorry for any inconvenience. 
  • Update: Houston re-opened at 1pm local time today. 
  • bigapple
    bigapple
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    EDIT: Whenever I submit my payment info I receive the "Unable to verify address" error, regardless of which debit / credit card I used.

I solved it by:
    • using a browser that has cookies enabled 
    • spelling out the street ( 29th St -> Twenty Nine St)

• What should I do if I accidentally made a typo in my email during ordering for in-store pickup and didn’t realize it until later? My status says “completed” but I haven’t gotten an email and I’m worried it was sent to the wrong address.
  • gjb140 said:
    What should I do if I accidentally made a typo in my email during ordering for in-store pickup and didn’t realize it until later? My status says “completed” but I haven’t gotten an email and I’m worried it was sent to the wrong address.
    Which store location did you submit this to? 
  • i live in phx,az  but i wanna take advantage of the free promotions 
    how can i do that if you have no stores in az?

• whynotaz said:
    i live in phx,az  but i wanna take advantage of the free promotions 
    how can i do that if you have no stores in az?

I am sorry, those promotions are in-store only.

• I reserved a laptop online on Dec. 24th.
    Went to the store Overland Park Kansas, Dec. 26th, at 9:00am opening time and there were 100 people waiting to get in. I went home, looked up my store online, and says it's closed since Dec. 24th, 25th, 26th, for cleaning. Phone number help is closed. Is the store closed? Why were 100 people outside if it was closed? Not going to face another crowd Dec. 27th tomorrow, which is when my reserved item expires. You going to take a dollar for this kind of crap?
    Already looking for a laptop elsewhere online
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    edited December 2020
    sbaker5 said:
    I reserved a laptop online on Dec. 24th.
    Went to the store Overland Park Kansas, Dec. 26th, at 9:00am opening time and there were 100 people waiting to get in. I went home, looked up my store online, and says it's closed since Dec. 24th, 25th, 26th, for cleaning. Phone number help is closed. Is the store closed? Why were 100 people outside if it was closed? Not going to face another crowd Dec. 27th tomorrow, which is when my reserved item expires. You going to take a dollar for this kind of crap?
    Already looking for a laptop elsewhere online
    Greetings. I do apologize for any confusion. The store was closed for Christmas on the 25th as were all Micro Center stores, the Overland Park store was temporarily closed this morning for store cleaning and re-opened at 1pm. They are open today until 10pm, and open tomorrow from 10am-7pm. There are typically customers outside the store each morning waiting for high demand items such as new processors and video cards that are in very high demand at this time.

If you do not pick up the reservation, the $1 hold will drop off of your card. 
  • Is there any way to check my reservation status?  I put the reservation in yesterday and haven't received a confirmation email, but I was charged the $1.  

I tried calling the customer support number, but they aren't available.  I just want to know if I can pick-up the item or not.  
  • ThisSucks said:
    Is there any way to check my reservation status?  I put the reservation in yesterday and haven't received a confirmation email, but I was charged the $1.  

I tried calling the customer support number, but they aren't available.  I just want to know if I can pick-up the item or not.  
    Greetings. What is your reservation number? 
  • There is no store near enough to me in South Florida to make a drive worth while.  Guess that means I cannot buy from you, unless you would mail / ship / send / deliver to me.  I'd be happy to pay shipping if you would be happy to sell to me.
  • Hello @jcornthw, We do have a selection of items that are available for shipping. Make sure that your store, selected at the top of the page, is changed to "Shippable Items." We have heard the request for a store in Florida before, and I'd be happy to share that feedback with the appropriate teams! Thanks!
  • I reserved a prebuilt computer and it doesn't show up as available online anymore but it was when I reserved and I have confirmation e-mail. I live a decent distance away and am just wondering if my item is for sure there and still on hold and ready for me to pickup. It is still 2 days before the last day I can pick it up. Just wanting to make sure it will be there especially if I have to wait in a line to get in. Thank you!

• Hello @kmd47

Have you received your order confirmation yet?

Orders are not processed until the store opens and our associates are able to pull the item you've requested.

Reservations do last for 3 days. At that time, the order will be automatically canceled and returned to the shelf.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

• why will it not give me the option to reserve an item?

• @jody Some items are not available for reservation and are only available for purchase in the store.

Typically, this is detailed under the price of the item. I'll include an example image below.

• Supra
    Supra ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Can you just buy the item online after you reserved it? Or can you only pay for the item once you're in the store?

• @Supra just chiming in. When you reserve online, it requires a card to put the item on hold under your name. A $1 hold (pending) is put on the card and full price is not charged until the customer comes to the store to pickup the item and the card is swiped at the store.

• Supra
    Supra ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

So just for clarification, after you put in your credit card info to reserve, you can't just pay the full price after it's been reserved?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99