NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• ncase1989 said:
    My wife and I both work in the medical field primarily with covid patients. So we do not go into stores usually a friend or family member will pick us up to things if we need them. This was my plan to get my own RTX 3070 GPU reserve a unit online and have a family member pick it up for me. However, highly desired items require in-person purchasing. This makes me sick to my stomach and will never shop there again as they are completely void of others well being.  This is the first experience with mricocenter that has been sick and twisted, to be frank, this usually great store requires in-person ONLY purchasing of high price items. Which, is a shame as we work so hard and are home board out of our minds while kids buy these GPUs and sell them on eBay for twice the retail price. I attempted to call and explain my situation but was hung up on as the store was so busy with people rushing to get their hands on these new video cards. 
    Thanks, microcenter for the support of the people that are putting our lives on the line during this pandemic. I hope this company continues to thrive and those extra purchases that are produced by forcing potentially extremely contagious people into their stores. Truly a shame.. 
    ncase1989 said:
    Thank you for the useless answer and lack of a solution to acquiring One of these CPUs. I appreciate all your due diligence. Also, thank you for the lack of effort to resolve my frustration. I will still no longer shop at Micro Center. Being a Contributing member of society and spending a lot of  money over the years at Micro Center. I regret contributing to the lack of fairness and equality. This company practices during a Or people are dying on a daily basis because someone had to I have the latest product. I truly hope your policy changes for the better and your company can grow in a manner that doesn’t put people in harms way and allows them to acquire the items they desire.
    Considering I thoroughly enjoyed that store but as a human being that continues to try to improve our society and contribute in a manner that allows advancement. I will never step foot in the Micro Center ever again.
    Thank you for the years of great service! 
    Bless your heart dear. 

Micro Center has done more for customers than other retailers when it comes to delivering these graphic cards to end-users (people who will actually use them). As you know, demand is vastly outnumbering the supply. However, by devoting one's personal time and effort, we actually have a decent chance to acquire these scarce items. For online sales at other retailers, botters/scalpers have taken nearly all online inventory within minutes of them being available. Eventually, supply will catch up to demand. Have patience. Please don't take out your frustration (derived from your boredom... lol, seriously?) out on other people.
  • Will the 3060ti be available in store tomorrow (12/2) on launch day? 
  • We are already lining up at the FFX MC. Have heard they will have some 3060 TIs. 
  • JD23 said:
    We are already lining up at the FFX MC. Have heard they will have some 3060 TIs. 
    Are you staying overnight?
  • JD23 said:
    We are already lining up at the FFX MC. Have heard they will have some 3060 TIs. 
    Any idea if microcenter intends to carry founders edition cards? I think I saw online some locations had 3070 founders edition but I think Fairfax did not? Not sure.
  • ncase1989 said:
    Thank you for the useless answer and lack of a solution to acquiring One of these CPUs. I appreciate all your due diligence. Also, thank you for the lack of effort to resolve my frustration. I will still no longer shop at Micro Center. Being a Contributing member of society and spending a lot of  money over the years at Micro Center. I regret contributing to the lack of fairness and equality. This company practices during a Or people are dying on a daily basis because someone had to I have the latest product. I truly hope your policy changes for the better and your company can grow in a manner that doesn’t put people in harms way and allows them to acquire the items they desire.
    Considering I thoroughly enjoyed that store but as a human being that continues to try to improve our society and contribute in a manner that allows advancement. I will never step foot in the Micro Center ever again.
    Narrator: after merely a month post tantrum, his resolve weakened and he went into a micro center.
  • Any idea as to stock at St. David's? I get off work at 8am so I was thinking about heading over to check if I'm not too tired.
  • SilentBob said:
    JD23 said:
    Any idea if microcenter intends to carry founders edition cards? I think I saw online some locations had 3070 founders edition but I think Fairfax did not? Not sure.
    Not sure on brand, yet.
  • Any idea as to stock at St. David's? I get off work at 8am so I was thinking about heading over to check if I'm not too tired.
    St. Davids had a big 3080/3070/3090 drop Tuesday/ yesterday morning 
  • Mario said:
    Any idea as to stock at St. David's? I get off work at 8am so I was thinking about heading over to check if I'm not too tired.
    St. Davids had a big 3080/3070/3090 drop Tuesday/ yesterday morning 
    That's excellent news, thank you!  Is there anywhere I can monitor for things like that? It's a bit of a hike for me.
  • originalbighead
    edited December 2020
    3060ti cards at Rockville this morning.  Vouchers for the FEs handed out at 6am. 
  • Got to the microcenter in Denver at 4:25 am and I’m ~20th in line. People sure are thirsty for the 3000 series cards!!! Good luck all! 
  • Hey all. So is waiting in line during the morning with fingers crossed the only strategy here? I'm a couple hours from the nearest Micro Center but I've been trying for months to get a 3080 from EVGA or Asus. No luck with online waitlists. I'm desperate but not able to stop by every day of the week. Is there a certain day when my odds would be best? I'm nearest to the North Jersey store. Thanks.
  • Hey all. So is waiting in line during the morning with fingers crossed the only strategy here? I'm a couple hours from the nearest Micro Center but I've been trying for months to get a 3080 from EVGA or Asus. No luck with online waitlists. I'm desperate but not able to stop by every day of the week. Is there a certain day when my odds would be best? I'm nearest to the North Jersey store. Thanks.
    Near as I can tell, there's not much rhyme or reason. I swang by the St. David's after night shift this morning and managed to score a 3080, but there were already 70 people by the time I arrived ~8:30AM. I lucked out, and noone really had any idea when shipments would arrive again.  I hate to say it, but depending on your opportunity cost and tolerance for the cold, buying from a scalper might be worth it.

Or hiring someone to buy it for you. Trustworthy younger cousins or something.
  • Here we go again more idiots with scalped micro center cards on ebay. This time new jersey shame on you. This fool even left the sales dudes tag on it!!!
  • /Hypnotini
    that nothing, there was a guy selling a AMD 6800 (power color) for $900 as people was waiting in line in Microcenter for CPU/GPU. a guy point out he buys GPU/CPU in Microcenter then sell them as people are in line at higher price. 

Thank god Yonkers NY Microcenter General Manager has a system they use, you can only buy one GPU/CPU two times in the month ( 2 week = 1 item of GPU and CPU) which is very nice. 
  • Or they could just make a wait list... and people can't get a second one until everyone has been served...  wait list... hmmm... is this a new idea?

what are the negatives of a wait list that i'm missing here?
  • Success at the North Jersey location this morning! Very happy to have gotten my EVGA 3080 XC3. I waited around 30 minutes and had a smooth experience. Not sure if I got super lucky or if they have decent stock trickling back now. Good luck to those still searching for a card.
  • And we've got employees spreading disinformation to people in line now, folks in line at Madison Heights were told multiple times that no cards were available, so everyone dispersed. Someone pulled up an hour before opening and got in line, apparently having heard from one of his friends at the store that they did in fact get 3 cards. Lo and behold right before opening 3 vouchers were handed out. 
  • maybe they noticed the same scalping punks in line so told a white lie?
  • @Jabronium oh no. That was the store I was going to be checking once I'm in MI in a few weeks. My strat was going to be to show up at like 5/6am 
  • Hypnotini said:
    Here we go again more idiots with scalped micro center cards on ebay. This time new jersey shame on you. This fool even left the sales dudes tag on it!!!
    Report this to Micro Center corporate. They may be able to take legal action.

• TimothyPE
    TimothyPE
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Just curious on this video cards fetishism...

1. How many games are still sitting in Steam library and did you finish playing them all?
        Even Cyberpunk 2077 releases on time, nobody have to play it in 2020.

2. Does everyone have 4K monitor 144hz that requires RTX 3080, 3090?
        Any Strategy or RPG game looks nice on $200 2K 60hz display.

3. You may spend $1099 to get the $699 RTX 3080, or you may spent that extra $400 for a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4, Oculus  2, enjoy it for several months and then purchase a video card at regular price.

• John_S13
    John_S13 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2020
    TimothyPE said:
    Just curious on this video cards fetishism...

1. How many games are still sitting in Steam library and did you finish playing them all?
        Even Cyberpunk 2077 releases on time, nobody have to play it in 2020.

2. Does everyone have 4K monitor 144hz that requires RTX 3080, 3090?
        Any Strategy or RPG game looks nice on $200 2K 60hz display.

3. You may spend $1099 to get the $699 RTX 3080, or you may spent that extra $400 for a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4, Oculus  2, enjoy it for several months and then purchase a video card at regular price.

I can only speak to my situation, so here it is.

I bought everything needed to build a gaming PC at Micro Center back in late June, except for a video card. Hearing that the new generation of cards was coming out in Sept I decided to wait on them. Now, 5 months later, I still can't game on the pc. I have always been a console gamer but decided to switch during this generational update. Not the biggest deal in the world as I can still play games on my Xbox One but I can't get any of the new games because I don't want to have to buy them twice assuming I do eventually get the pc up and running. I have a 9500 GT in it now but it's close to worthless. Limited to 1080p (no big deal) but the few games I do have for PC (Rocket League, Warzone mainly) won't even launch with this card. I have $1500 invested in a computer that I can basically use to check email and surf the net.

I have a full time job so I can not camp out at the store in the morning to wait with little hope of getting a card, and I'm not going to support these a-hole scalpers and overpay. I'm going to be patient and wait but it is very frustrating to say the least. I have been close to saying "screw it" several times and picking up a 2080 Super or something similar but I know that I would eventually regret not waiting. Hopefully this all sorts itself out soon but I'm not holding my breath. 
  • Any updates on the Tustin location for 3070’s or 3060ti’s?
  • Madison height store will you get more 3070 or 3060ti???
  • Steveton said:
    ncase1989 said:
    Dear Karen/Kevin,

Get in line. You may not have noticed that every PC enthusiast in the world is trying to get the new CPUs and GPUs right now, but they are, including many people with important jobs. You are not special. You are entitled, rude, and out of line taking it out on an employee of the forum, who has no ability to help you, even if they for some reason wanted to after the way you spoke to them. 

I finally got my 5900X at Micro Center on Wednesday by investing some time into it. Something you’ll have to do if you want one any time soon. I went and got some lunch and waited from the safety of my vehicle to see if they would get a UPS or Fedex delivery. Sure enough, UPS pulled up, I went inside, and a while later walked out with the CPU I wanted. I didn’t even have to shamelessly drop what I do for a living or be rude to employees to get it. Amazing. 

Best of luck to you, but kindly get out of here with your entitled attacks. 
    Well said! 

@stevenLandShark said:
    Hello @ncase1989 Sorry to hear about your experience shopping with us. However, we have put several procedures in place to create a safe shopping environment. For more information about the steps we've taken click here.
    These items are limited to one per household due to the high demand. This is also done in an effort to keep those who would be looking to resell the items restricted from being able to purchase multiple items. Once we start to receive more stock of this item I would expect that they would become available for in-store reservation. However, it would still require coming to the store to purchase the item.
    Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
    So you are saying that if I don't go stand in line with the possibility of being ill, I am above the rest of the population? One I could lose my job, two what post-modern ideologies do you have where it's ok to intentionally get people sick? If this were aids that's manslaughter sir?
    If you were me would you put yourself in a situation where you could possibly infect people and unintentionally kill them? Glad that chip was worth it. Personally, I wouldn't want that on my conscience. Since we are in a PANDEMIC. you can be safe all you want but at the end of the day. It's a virus that spreads fast and attacks the body without mercy.  Luckily I have figured out a solution and got my hands on a 3070. Via friends and favors. Who by the way I haven't seen since March. Get in line lol people are dumb.... 
  • Glad to hear you've gotten a 3070 without worrying about in person interactions @ncase1989.  Also glad to hear I probably won't have to see any more of your posts bashing forum moderators that have no control over corporate policies. 
  • Waffler said:
    Hypnotini said:
    Here we go again more idiots with scalped micro center cards on ebay. This time new jersey shame on you. This fool even left the sales dudes tag on it!!!
    Report this to Micro Center corporate. They may be able to take legal action.

Ya i have posted quite a few micro center scalps over the past month i have a few older posts on the 6800 xts and stuff. Blasted the ebay listers info all over in hopes they get store banned or someone serves justice.  The same group of dilweeds are always camped at denver too in their fold out chairs days before
  • MrAng said:
    Glad to hear you've gotten a 3070 without worrying about in person interactions @ncase1989.  Also glad to hear I probably won't have to see any more of your posts bashing forum moderators that have no control over corporate policies. 
    Good riddance.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99