NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• Avalon004
    Avalon004
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    ncase1989 said:
    So you are saying that if I don't go stand in line with the possibility of being ill, I am above the rest of the population? One I could lose my job, two what post-modern ideologies do you have where it's ok to intentionally get people sick? If this were aids that's manslaughter sir?
    If you were me would you put yourself in a situation where you could possibly infect people and unintentionally kill them? Glad that chip was worth it. Personally, I wouldn't want that on my conscience. Since we are in a PANDEMIC. you can be safe all you want but at the end of the day. It's a virus that spreads fast and attacks the body without mercy.  Luckily I have figured out a solution and got my hands on a 3070. Via friends and favors. Who by the way I haven't seen since March. Get in line lol people are dumb.... 
    Narrator: Nutcase1989 attempts to express that he doesn't feel entitled or like he's above the rest of the population.... and then directly proceeds to belittle others while calling people dumb a couple sentences later. Somehow compares COVID to AIDS. /chuckles

Stay classy young one.
  • Hey all. So is waiting in line during the morning with fingers crossed the only strategy here? I'm a couple hours from the nearest Micro Center but I've been trying for months to get a 3080 from EVGA or Asus. No luck with online waitlists. I'm desperate but not able to stop by every day of the week. Is there a certain day when my odds would be best? I'm nearest to the North Jersey store. Thanks.
    Near as I can tell, there's not much rhyme or reason. I swang by the St. David's after night shift this morning and managed to score a 3080, but there were already 70 people by the time I arrived ~8:30AM. I lucked out, and noone really had any idea when shipments would arrive again.  I hate to say it, but depending on your opportunity cost and tolerance for the cold, buying from a scalper might be worth it.

Or hiring someone to buy it for you. Trustworthy younger cousins or something.
    Most people that have never worked a retail or vendor customer support position would probably not understand or make the connection that buying from a scalper is never worth it, because the purchaser is never guaranteed to receive a genuine original product, will not receive official proof of purchase, & only promotes the exploitative side of capitalism instead of solving a simple supply-demand issue; not even if it’s a reasonable markup, the purchaser can potentially unknowingly receive anything from a stolen or counterfeit/bricked product to an actual brick or paperweight; also if something were to go wrong with the product, a product that was  unregistered or preregistered depending on the RMA/Repair requirement would be void because the product is not from the original purchaser, regardless if it was still under warranty, if someone has no proof of purchase especially from the original vendor, in many instances, the warranty will be null/void, & the manufacturer has no obligation to repair/RMA; if a extended warranty was not purchased, either from the scalper, or unofficial 3rd party reseller, then all repairs would typically go through a 3rd party repair, costing more time & money
  • Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:
    So you are saying that if I don't go stand in line with the possibility of being ill, I am above the rest of the population? One I could lose my job, two what post-modern ideologies do you have where it's ok to intentionally get people sick? If this were aids that's manslaughter sir?
    If you were me would you put yourself in a situation where you could possibly infect people and unintentionally kill them? Glad that chip was worth it. Personally, I wouldn't want that on my conscience. Since we are in a PANDEMIC. you can be safe all you want but at the end of the day. It's a virus that spreads fast and attacks the body without mercy.  Luckily I have figured out a solution and got my hands on a 3070. Via friends and favors. Who by the way I haven't seen since March. Get in line lol people are dumb.... 
    Narrator: Nutcase1989 attempts to express that he doesn't feel entitled or like he's above the rest of the population.... and then directly proceeds to belittle others while calling people dumb a couple sentences later. Somehow compares COVID to AIDS. /chuckles

Stay classy young one.
    I am in southern CA; Without disputing hypotheticals without really knowing everything about this pandemic, regardless young or old, agree or disagree, he somewhat does have a point. There is credible risk here, that even as its mitigated with sanitizer face shields & masks only reduces the risks, doesn’t eliminate them, especially when there are 100+ people crowding the entrance for hours just to get a voucher there is no social distancing. There is a better way on the internet, with a simple email subscribe register to reserve one, its just up to micro center to implement instead of placing customers @ risk. 

Last week I went in to pick up a power supply for a new build which is still delayed due to the graphics card s-show, but now I hear there will be a shortage of power supplies. I check online stock so I reserve it, & go pick it up, however I decided out of my own anxiousness to go to the graphics card section, where it was crowded, then one person decided it was a perfect time to have a sneezing fit, everyone wore masks, but still, makes me have to think, now do I self quarantine for 2 weeks because of this crowd of strangers & person sneezing, or show up in the morning & wait for a voucher with a 100+ strangers & unknowingly share my invisible gift, which I may potentially get then, because its a crowd, to take home & share with grandma & fam? So in one hand I will have a RTX 3080, & possibly COVID, in the other hand, I have a credit card & a exhaustive amount of patience.

Regardless, I feel that it would help along with limiting the amount of customers in the store @ a time so there is less air sharing, that they do an online voucher system for these cards instead of putting customers @ risk hoping the stock will be able to meet demand. I feel better knowing that I am # 444 to receive a card & that I will be receiving an email or text message, to come pick it up, instead of the lets pretend were homeless on skid row setup in front of the store. It also doesn’t help that we have these stay @ home orders, but it would help that people think about this, now that there are stay @ home orders.
  • yoomoonplop
    yoomoonplop ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020
    didgiee said:
    Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:

Stay classy young one.
    I am in southern CA; Without disputing hypotheticals without really knowing everything about this pandemic, regardless young or old, agree or disagree, he somewhat does have a point. There is credible risk here, that even as its mitigated with sanitizer face shields & masks only reduces the risks, doesn’t eliminate them, especially when there are 100+ people crowding the entrance for hours just to get a voucher there is no social distancing. There is a better way on the internet, with a simple email subscribe register to reserve one, its just up to micro center to implement instead of placing customers @ risk. 

Last week I went in to pick up a power supply for a new build which is still delayed due to the graphics card s-show, but now I hear there will be a shortage of power supplies. I check online stock so I reserve it, & go pick it up, however I decided out of my own anxiousness to go to the graphics card section, where it was crowded, then one person decided it was a perfect time to have a sneezing fit, everyone wore masks, but still, makes me have to think, now do I self quarantine for 2 weeks because of this crowd of strangers & person sneezing, or show up in the morning & wait for a voucher with a 100+ strangers & unknowingly share my invisible gift, which I may potentially get then, because its a crowd, to take home & share with grandma & fam? So in one hand I will have a RTX 3080, & possibly COVID, in the other hand, I have a credit card & a exhaustive amount of patience.

Regardless, I feel that it would help along with limiting the amount of customers in the store @ a time so there is less air sharing, that they do an online voucher system for these cards instead of putting customers @ risk hoping the stock will be able to meet demand. I feel better knowing that I am # 444 to receive a card & that I will be receiving an email or text message, to come pick it up, instead of the lets pretend were homeless on skid row setup in front of the store. It also doesn’t help that we have these stay @ home orders, but it would help that people think about this, now that there are stay @ home orders.
    I don't think people understand that you're not going to die if you don't get a new graphics card. If you think Microcenter is too risky for you or your family's health, then just wait for supply to catch up to demand or attempt to go buy it online from somewhere else like Best Buy. I was able to get a graphics card from Microcenter because it was in-person. If it wasn't in-person, I'm quite certain people would have probably tried to exploit the system somehow. And where I live, we're all still standing 6 feet apart when we're standing in line for Microcenter. We don't just ignore the existence of a virus. I understand the concern of such individuals, but I find it tiring to read because I've read so many comments talking about the same thing without any good solutions other than the same old online reservations, texts, and emails. 

I personally believe Microcenter has the best method in distributing graphics cards as fairly as possible. I've tried the EVGA email waitlist and I've tried the Best Buy bot-protected online ordering system. Both failed to get me a graphics card. I've also had 2 other friends of mine who both successfully got their graphics cards from Microcenter. This is why I wholeheartedly support Microcenter's methods in distributing graphics card. And no, I don't want to be #444 to receive a card. That'll make Microcenter the same as every other store selling cards right now. And those stores are still out of stock. 
  • Any idea when you guys will be getting a restock of 30 series cards at the overland Kansas store? 
  • didgiee said:
    Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:

Stay classy young one.

I don't think people understand that you're not going to die if you don't get a new graphics card. If you think Microcenter is too risky for you or your family's health, then just wait for supply to catch up to demand or attempt to go buy it online from somewhere else like Best Buy. I was able to get a graphics card from Microcenter because it was in-person. If it wasn't in-person, I'm quite certain people would have probably tried to exploit the system somehow. And where I live, we're all still standing 6 feet apart when we're standing in line for Microcenter. We don't just ignore the existence of a virus. I understand the concern of such individuals, but I find it tiring to read because I've read so many comments talking about the same thing without any good solutions other than the same old online reservations, texts, and emails. 

I personally believe Microcenter has the best method in distributing graphics cards as fairly as possible. I've tried the EVGA email waitlist and I've tried the Best Buy bot-protected online ordering system. Both failed to get me a graphics card. I've also had 2 other friends of mine who both successfully got their graphics cards from Microcenter. This is why I wholeheartedly support Microcenter's methods in distributing graphics card. And no, I don't want to be #444 to receive a card. That'll make Microcenter the same as every other store selling cards right now. And those stores are still out of stock. 
    You made an interesting point, this whole bot scraper thing is really bad, like a “cyberattack”. Also hearing that people are getting scammed on amazon & eBay for these cards, I would think that its has been going on for these few months now that it would stop. I guess it confuses me with all this modern technology that people are willing to pay more than double for a item vulnerable to obsolescence than going in person to purchase @ MSRP. I think some us have not realized  that with the safety precautions in place that the risk is low, but how is this going to go with all these increased cases, & stay @ home guidance?
  • VAL1D
    VAL1D
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
  • didgiee said:
    didgiee said:
    Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:

Stay classy young one.

You made an interesting point, this whole bot scraper thing is really bad, like a “cyberattack”. Also hearing that people are getting scammed on amazon & eBay for these cards, I would think that its has been going on for these few months now that it would stop. I guess it confuses me with all this modern technology that people are willing to pay more than double for a item vulnerable to obsolescence than going in person to purchase @ MSRP. I think some us have not realized  that with the safety precautions in place that the risk is low, but how is this going to go with all these increased cases, & stay @ home guidance?
    I'm not sure why you'd think this type of scamming would ever stop. Supply still hasn't caught up to demand, so there's still a lot of people hungry for the new cards. For the people who pay double to scalpers, that's on them. Waiting outside Microcenter may have low risk, but it's still a risk. It only makes sense that most people would try and buy online. A lot of people also don't have time to wait in line all day. 

I do believe that this stay @ home order is quite a predicament, but that's for Microcenter to figure out. I've heard of some Microcenters banning overnight stays, but I'm not certain. I think Microcenter was still open during the first lockdown in April, so I'd assume they'd just revert back to having stricter rules when it comes to shopping and waiting outside. But really, I don't know. I'm no Microcenter expert. All I'm saying is that they've done a great job, especially during this pandemic, in satisfying both safety and the electronic needs of customers, so I'm assuming they'll continue to satisfy. In the end, it's still up to the consumers. If you don't think Microcenter's doing a good job in keeping everyone safe, then don't go to Microcenter. I definitely wouldn't have waited outside for a graphics card if people weren't standing 6 feet apart with masks on. 
  • didgiee said:
    didgiee said:
    Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:

Stay classy young one.

I'm not sure why you'd think this type of scamming would ever stop. Supply still hasn't caught up to demand, so there's still a lot of people hungry for the new cards. For the people who pay double to scalpers, that's on them. Waiting outside Microcenter may have low risk, but it's still a risk. It only makes sense that most people would try and buy online. A lot of people also don't have time to wait in line all day. 

I do believe that this stay @ home order is quite a predicament, but that's for Microcenter to figure out. I've heard of some Microcenters banning overnight stays, but I'm not certain. I think Microcenter was still open during the first lockdown in April, so I'd assume they'd just revert back to having stricter rules when it comes to shopping and waiting outside. But really, I don't know. I'm no Microcenter expert. All I'm saying is that they've done a great job, especially during this pandemic, in satisfying both safety and the electronic needs of customers, so I'm assuming they'll continue to satisfy. In the end, it's still up to the consumers. If you don't think Microcenter's doing a good job in keeping everyone safe, then don't go to Microcenter. I definitely wouldn't have waited outside for a graphics card if people weren't standing 6 feet apart with masks on. 
    Being a bit older near “boomer” than the age demographic of the customers camping out, waiting in line, initially confusing overwhelming, with thoughts of “walmart Black Friday” worst case scenario outcome, it’s silly but took me time to understand.

I also thought it was ridiculous reading people paying over double for a graphics card on eBay or amazon, it makes way more sense buying in person & now that there was a reported alleged robbery @ the MSI factory, its highly likely the cards being sold online are likely stolen. I wouldn’t want to unknowingly buy a product @ any price from a scalper, to find out later its stolen, but worse paying more than double the price just to get it home plug it in, & try to register it, it gets bricked, due to the serial being flagged by the manufacturer, no activation no updates; that would be a big wompwompwomp, & I would probably not sleep for a while, due to the voices in my head keeping me awake with all the cackling laughter. So yeah, not worth it, going to get there early someday this week when I get a chance hopefully they have enough available.

• didgiee said:
    didgiee said:
    didgiee said:
    Avalon004 said:
    ncase1989 said:

Stay classy young one.

Being a bit older near “boomer” than the age demographic of the customers camping out, waiting in line, initially confusing overwhelming, with thoughts of “walmart Black Friday” worst case scenario outcome, it’s silly but took me time to understand.

I also thought it was ridiculous reading people paying over double for a graphics card on eBay or amazon, it makes way more sense buying in person & now that there was a reported alleged robbery @ the MSI factory, its highly likely the cards being sold online are likely stolen. I wouldn’t want to unknowingly buy a product @ any price from a scalper, to find out later its stolen, but worse paying more than double the price just to get it home plug it in, & try to register it, it gets bricked, due to the serial being flagged by the manufacturer, no activation no updates; that would be a big wompwompwomp, & I would probably not sleep for a while, due to the voices in my head keeping me awake with all the cackling laughter. So yeah, not worth it, going to get there early someday this week when I get a chance hopefully they have enough available.

The news about the MSI factory was indeed quite unfortunate. I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting a card myself. Well, I wish the best of luck to you on your endeavors. 2020 is quite a weird time for everyone. 
  • PrinceCharming
    edited December 2020
    How many people in line at the micro center Overland Park store?
  • Overland Park store: I’m a 15 dollar Uber drive away and I’m wondering if I’m too late. I want a 3060 ti or 3070?
  • Overland Park: 23 3070’s on Monday when I went.
  • Any 3060s at the Tustin store? 
  • Is houston microcenter getting any Rtx 3080.

• Any 3080’s in the Paramus store? This is the closest one to me (110 miles away) 
  • Anyone know what are the usual days trucks restock? I went to the one on Flushing on Friday and there was a long line before opening since it was restocked, but Saturday there was no line and no restock.
  • Is there anyway to know when GPUs coming in stock? I’m way down in San Diego and don’t want to drive all the way to Tustin for nothing. Or is there a legitimate way to buy online then go pick up in store a a couple days later? If so how/when stock coming out online? Any updates prior to drops?
  • Hello @Sperrow Right now we don't have a way to show what stock will look like in the future. We're still waiting on orders to be fulfilled by the manufacturers. We typically receive stock during the week, however, we are still seeing customers line up outside our store before the store opens hoping to be able to buy any shipments we've received and when we receive inventory it's typically gone within minutes. I'd recommend waiting and checking out the website for updates on stock.
    NVIDIA has released a statement saying that they expect relief and adequate stock in early 2021, but right now we're at the mercy of the manufacturers. Thanks for your understanding!
  • Does anyone know when the next restock will happen for the 3070? 
  • When are the restocks?
  • sunnybody
    sunnybody
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Hi, is there any possibility of getting some stock for the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII dark hero motherboard at the Cambridge, MA store this week? Or any News as to approximately when? Has there been any at all? I have everything for my build including a 5950x - just need this motherboard- someone please suggest if I should forget this one and just use the Aorus x570 master - can’t find a comparison anywhere and am having trouble deciding if dynamic OC is really worth this wait?? I built a 3950x with the master for my friend sometime back and it was awesome... 
  • Hello @sunnybody thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. The stores don't know what stock will be on the truck until they get the delivery. Deliveries are managed by a different division within Microcenter for all stores. So we don't have information for when we'll get more of the Dark Hero motherboards. If want to get the mobo specifically from Microcenter, we'd love your business, but unfortunately as of right now we have to advise to keep checking with us. If you are needing the Dark Hero board now, we then recommend to try newegg or amazon.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-13-119-110&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC-_-pla-_-Motherboards+-+AMD-_-9B-13-119-110&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssq95uDx7QIVE77ACh1L2QHOEAQYASABEgJ4n_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 
  • When is the restock of 3060 TI at the columbus Ohio location?
  • Any idea of the availability of RTX 3070 cards in Cambridge, MA? I would love to drive down and get one, but hear that there have been few restocks and long lines. I would love for someone to tell me how Cambridge is doing right now, or if they expect any magical restock because of the new year. Sadly prices for the GPU's just went up today by what seems to be 20% because of a tariff.....
  • Braccia
    Braccia
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Is there going to be restock of 3000 series card in westbury New York @LandShark
  • Hello @Braccia at this time the statement that I made earlier would still be very accurate.
    LandShark said:
    Hello @Sperrow Right now we don't have a way to show what stock will look like in the future. We're still waiting on orders to be fulfilled by the manufacturers. We typically receive stock during the week, however, we are still seeing customers line up outside our store before the store opens hoping to be able to buy any shipments we've received and when we receive inventory it's typically gone within minutes. I'd recommend waiting and checking out the website for updates on stock.
    NVIDIA has released a statement saying that they expect relief and adequate stock in early 2021, but right now we're at the mercy of the manufacturers. Thanks for your understanding!
    We're still waiting to see if the statement that Nvidia made about early 2021 will be true. Hopefully, the upcoming press release on the 12th will have some more information about the state of things on the production side!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99