Any APEX LEGENDS gamers here?

Options
Err0h
Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
edited June 2021 in Off Topic
First, let's play sometime!

Second, what's the most optimal settings that you use to get the best frames out of the game?  I stream it as well and I obviously get lesser performance while streaming.

I currently run:
i7-8700K
16GB DDR4-3200
RTX 2060 Super

Frames range from 70-140 but gets very choppy during battles 

My monitor is 1440p @ 165hz but I've lowered the resolution of Apex to 1920x1080 and locked the refresh rate at 144hz.  I've managed to get some frames back instead of playing native but idk if changing the refresh rate makes a difference.

Any tips?

Comments

• Nimda79
    Options
    What software are you running for streaming? Have you taken a look at CPU and GPU usage during gameplay? I have a GTX 1070 and i7 5820K and have buttery smooth gameplay, even while streaming.
  • Jtomtb
    Options
    How does it play while not streaming?
    I run it on an RX590 and Ryzen 3600, @1080 with maxed settings and have no issues. Averages low 90s FPS.
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nimda79 said:
    What software are you running for streaming? Have you taken a look at CPU and GPU usage during gameplay? I have a GTX 1070 and i7 5820K and have buttery smooth gameplay, even while streaming.
    I was running SLOBS.  Switched to OBS.  No noticeable difference on NVENC.  But I ended up building a second stream PC.  All issues resolved. Lol.

Jtomtb said:
    I run it on an RX590 and Ryzen 3600, @1080 with maxed settings and have no issues. Averages low 90s FPS.
    I never had any issues with the game when I wasn't streaming.  Off stream (where I was getting most of my wins at the time), I had no issue with game performance.  170 - 220fps  low/med settings.  But as soon as the stream would turn on, performance tanked.  But I just built a stream PC and have no issues anymore.  :) 
  • Jtomtb
    Options

Jtomtb said:
    I never had any issues with the game when I wasn't streaming.  Off stream (where I was getting most of my wins at the time), I had no issue with game performance.  170 - 220fps  low/med settings.  But as soon as the stream would turn on, performance tanked.  But I just built a stream PC and have no issues anymore.  :) 
    NOICE!!

• Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jtomtb Yes!  I haven't been playing too much since the Pathfinder update since I finally caved and got Cyberpunk 2077.  Been enjoying the hell out of that game
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99