Any advice to buy external monitors for my Apple MacBook Pro 13 for a broke med school student?

Options
JazzDMV
JazzDMV
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Peripherals
Need to purchase two external monitors compatible with my Apple MacBook Pro 13 (2017) for a med school student. Any recommendations under $150?

Best Answer

Answers

• JazzDMV
    Options
    Here are 2 monitors found on MicroCenter's site. Does anyone know if they are compatible with the Apple MacBook Pro 13?
    Acer, $130, CB242Y 23.8" 1920 x 1080 75Hz HDMI VGA FreeSync IPS LED Monitor
    Dell, $120, SE2417HGX 23.6" Full HD 75Hz HDMI VGA FreeSync LED Monitor
  • JazzDMV
    Options
    Thanks for the response.  A few more questions. 1.) In order to set up 2 external monitors, should I purchase 2 of the adapters? 2.) Is a retina display recommended? 3.) Is a certain pixel density recommended? 4.) If yes about retina and pixel density, it doesn't appear the 2 monitors (Acer and LG) have those features. 

• JS_MC
    Options
    If you're looking to add two displays to your laptop, it will need two display adapters, yes. Whether a Retina display is recommended or not would depend on how you intend to use the display and whether you would require one or not. A Retina display is an Apple branding term that essentially means, high resolution, specifically a high DPI.
    Typically, the higher the resolution the higher the cost, because it costs more to create and there is some different tech implemented.
    Both of the monitors you've selected will work with the display adapted mentioned above. However, I don't believe it's possible to find a higher resolution monitor in the price range that you're searching.
    I hope this info helps!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99