San Diego Making My First Build

Options
Greetings everyone! I'm from San Diego and I'm currently working on completing my first build. The last thing I need is that elusive GPU. I'm excited to be a part of this community.

Comments

• Ian
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Sadly video cards are quite hard to find in general currently. Hopefully things change soon! 
  • Paul_2
    Paul_2 ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You can still get quite capable graphics cards that are at the lower end of the tier, it's the higher end stuff that is being driven up by crypto currency mining.  If the recent "irrational exuberance" that is affecting various stocks like GameStop and Doge coin is any indication, they're not going to come down in price/availability for awhile yet (until the FED raises interest rates).
    If you look at the Radeon 5700 (pcie 4, and can run at pcie 3) or the slightly older (and a little cheaper) Radeon 580 (pcie 3), you'll find some quite capable cards with a little more availability and price stability.
    If you're building a current AMD Ryzen system, I would suggest the PCIe4 card, but if you're building a current Intel system, it'll be at PCIe3, so either would work well.
    Good luck!
  • Scripps
    Options

( From San Diego) I decided to have Micro Center Build my Lilian Li gaming machine ( In stead of buying another Dell computer) and after 4 weeks the computer stop working. I brought the computer back to Micro Center to see if they could fix the issue or tell me to buy new parts. The question is.... how long will they keep the computer before I hear anything. 6 days and no text messages about my computer. Any long time customers with suggestions? I'm willing to buy new parts so I can get my computer back.!!!!

• JS_MC
    Options

Hi @Scripps I've replied to your other post about this, but just in case you don't see that. I've emailed you regarding this concern. Please check your inbox!

Thanks!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99