2015 MacBook Pro Won't Display on its own

Options

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro made in 2015 that will boot, show the Apple on the cover and the white apple will show it booting up but it goes to a black screen. However, I have found that I can plug my MacBook Pro into my stand alone 27 inch screen and it will show on that screen as well as its own! I was told the cost of fixing this would be $715 including the $40. diagnostic fee if, as they thought, I might need a whole new display. But I forgot to tell them that the MacBook's own monitor, WILL display while it's displaying in my 27 inch monitor. Is there a chance there is a quicker, cheaper fix for this?

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @Flyinlion and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum.

They'll have to take a look a it first which is to why there is a $40 diagnostic fee for them to determine the problem.

If the LED monitor doesn't need replacing, but a logic board or a graphic card needs replacing for example, the store will let you know.

Unfortunately Apple repairs can be expensive, especially on Macbook Pros that are over 5 year olds. Hard to find parts for a 5 year old plus Macbook pro as Apple stops manufacturing parts for their computer after 5 years.

Bring it in, they can analyze it, determine the root cause and give you a quote for the repair. You can then choose to have it repaired at that price or go a different direction. Forty dollars is all you'd come out the pocket for an answer to what's wrong with it, if you choose to go a different direction.

• Flyinlion
    Options

Thanks for the response!

• TSTDavey
    Options

@Flyinlion no problem. I'm glade we could respond. Good luck to you, hopefully the repair is less than $700.

Take care.

• Jughead
    Options

Anyone have a suggestion about 2007 MacBook only displaying a blank, white screen? I've tried the keyboard "fixes" noted on Apple Support website; they don't work.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99