NZXT AIO Installation Issues

Hi! I just recently purchased a NZXT Kraken Z63 AIO Cooler to replace the stealth cooler than came with my Ryzen 5 5600X. Following installation, I am having a couple issues that I am not really sure how to address.

1. The most pressing matter is when I power my computer on, the AIO is stating that the temperature on my CPU is over 90 degrees and I've seen it as high as 103. My radiator is mounted to the front of the case with the 2 fans plugged into system fan headers on the motherboard. I originally had them plugged into the cables connected to the AIO per instruction, but the fans wouldn't run when plugged in that way. All the tutorials are saying I plug the 3-pin header from the pump into the 4-pin "CPU Fan" port, which is where I have it plugged in. There is a tiny port right next to it labeled "Pump" on my motherboard (MSI Gaming Edge Wifi B550), and I wasn't sure if that was where I am supposed to plug it in. I wanted to reach out before playing around anymore with high temperatures on my CPU, considering the only thing I did was open up the NZXT CAM software to power on the AIO LCD Display.
  2. The other thing that is giving me trouble is now I don't have RGB for my NZXT fans now. I have a RGB hub for connecting them to, but I think my motherboard does not have enough USB 2.0 ports now since I have the AIO installed. Wasn't sure how to connect the AIO properly while also maintaining the RGB in my fans with the hub.

Any help with either issue would be greatly appreciated! You don't have to answer both in one reply. In the case that I wanted someone to take a look at the PC in person to figure out where I went wrong with the installation, am I able to bring my system into a nearby Micro Center? I have a location about 5 minutes from me.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99