Need help with several things on new PC

Options
I purchased a brand new Dell XPS 8940 at beginning of year, in order to use my new Oculus Rift. It took a while to figure out how to get everything up and running, but after a while, everything was working perfectly fine... Until recently. 

It all started when I unplugged headset from USB drive and replaced it with a flash drive with some old home movies on it. Since then, the flashdrive works fine but headset wont work now. But now I have an even bigger problem...

I only use the computer a couple times a week if that, thus it is turned off most of the time and will usually need to update something whenever I turn it on. I booted everything up today to try and figure out USB drive issue, but selected upgrade for graphics driver that popped up. This is when major issues began.

Screen froze on the Dell startup screen and stayed that way for at least 30 min. After that, I turned it off manually to try again. Now every time I turn on PC, the Dell logo is displayed for just a mere few seconds, and then the screen goes blank with nothing I can do. Tried this several times, with same thing always happening, except one time when I just unplugged and replugged power cable in, it froze on Dell loading screen again. The monitor is also brand new and is a Samsung Curved monitor.

I am completely lost as what to do now and am not as tech savvy as probably a lot of people on this forum. I only use my PC for games and collectively have probably only used new PC a few dozen times since I bought it.

This is super frustrating and perplexing and I have no idea what to do so I thoughy I would start here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99