I bought a Stream Deck today...

Options
Rye_Bread
Rye_Bread ✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

I walked out of Micro Center today with a little blue box. Randomly decided that I wanted a soundboard so I grabbed a Stream Deck. Luckily, I happened to already own a license to Voicemod and—coincidentally enough—Elgato's software had built-in integration with it. Just today I've

• Annoyed myself
  • Annoyed my friends
  • Rallied a squad of friendlies in Hell Let Loose
  • Annoyed a squad of friendlies in Hell Let Loose
  • Got kicked from a squad in Hell Let Loose

10/10 highly recommend.

Oh, and it also works great for quickly controlling streams!

What shenanigans have you all used your Stream Decks for?

Comments

• JeromeMicroCenter
    Options

Nice! I had been eyeing one at my store forever but never pulled the trigger. My wife and roommate ended up surprising me with one for Christmas! I have a different set of actions assigned to each horizontal row. My top row is my soundboard row, where I put all of my clips and audio effects. The 3 left buttons of the middle row are media control keys (Back, Next, Play/Pause) and the remainder of the middle row are misc functions (Spotify button, weather, etc.). The bottom row is mostly dedicated to monitoring; a button for CPU Temp, Clock, GPU Temp, Ram Speed, etc. I'm happy with it, but the limited space is definitely attracting me to the XL!

• Lesaol
    Lesaol ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary Community Champion First Comment
    Options

It seems like the stream deck is very useful! I have seen reviews and a lot of my friends and co-workers have one, so now I am tempted to mess around and try it out as well! I think the first thing I would do is put a bunch of funny audio effects on it 🤣

• TSPhillipT
    Options

I have two Stream Decks, one for work and one for home! I use the work one the most as it has a ton of preloaded Text macros that I do use for various things related to my work. The one at home is mainly used to mute the Mic, a counter for stream and other miscellaneous things.

It's funny however, as me using it for work has convinced a solid 5-10 corworkers to purchase one for work as well! One of my favorite features is the Usermade Plug-In "Super Macro". This let's you do SO MUCH at the push of a button, though it has a bit of a learning curve.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

I've thought about getting a stream deck many times for work, but never went through with it. I see a few here and there in our office though.

• Julia_V
    Options

I feel like the Stream Deck would be useful for macros. Like if you go to a certain page a lot, or if you use a certain command a lot.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99