Micro Center Monitor Madness - Gaming and Work Monitor Recommendations!

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Intro by @w8deywins

Gain a new advantage during Micro Center’s March Monitor Madness Sales event! We have you covered with instant savings, now all you have to do is pick out your new monitor. Luckily for you, we’re here to help with that. Maybe it’s been a while since you upgraded your monitor or you would like to add another to have a better workflow. No matter the reason, if you're looking for a new monitor, find your nearest Micro Center and take a trip down to your favorite store!

LG 32UP550 31.5" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 60Hz LED Monitor by @Shoan041

I recommend the LG 32UP550 for anyone who is looking for a great high-resolution office monitor or entry-level 4k gaming monitor that won't break the bank. This is a 32-inch monitor that is large enough to see well even at a bit of a distance. 4k is becoming a much more common resolution and having the extra real estate on your screen makes getting work done easier. I have been working on a 4k resolution monitor more often recently myself and I have found that its crisp image quality is really easy on the eyes and lets me see more of the workspace! 

It’s also a great deal for an entry-level 4k gaming monitor. It has AMD FreeSync to help the monitor sync with the graphics card for a smoother gaming experience. It is a VA panel, which is a great-looking panel with good color accuracy! With 60Hz on DisplayPort, you’ll have a smooth experience playing games. Its response time is 4ms, making it really good for action games and not too bad for competitive games either.

If you’re in the market for an all-around solid office work monitor or an entry-level gaming monitor, this one is definitely worth looking into!

AOC 24G2SP 23.8" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz Gaming Monitor by @Julia_V

Just built your first gaming PC and not sure what to get for a monitor? The AOC 24G2SP is my favorite 24-inch entry-level monitor of all time. With an IPS panel, the monitor is 1080p with a 165hz refresh rate and 1 ms response time. There is a wide range of connectivity on it as well: VGA, HDMI, and Displayport. This monitor is also fully adjustable for height, tilt, and pivot. Not only will it work well for a primary gaming monitor, but it also works amazingly as a second monitor – whether you want to set it up horizontally or have it in a vertical configuration. The other reason I love this display is because of how vibrant the colors look, and how clear the text reads. With all the specs and value packed into it, I would absolutely recommend the AOC 24G2SP for a 1080p gaming setup. 

Acer Predator XB271HU 27" WQHD 165Hz HDMI DP G-SYNC IPS LED Gaming Monitor by @tbarggs

With Monitor Madness currently ongoing, it’s a perfect time to upgrade your monitor! If you are looking for a gaming monitor that offers top-of-the-line features and outstanding performance, the Acer Predator XB271HU is an excellent option to consider. This 27-inch monitor boasts an impressive 2560 x 1440 resolution, a fast 165Hz refresh rate, and a 4ms response time, all of which combine to provide an incredibly smooth and immersive gaming experience. The monitor also comes equipped with Nvidia G-Sync technology, which helps to reduce screen tearing and input lag, further enhancing your gaming experience. The Predator XB271HU also features a sleek and stylish design, with an adjustable stand that allows you to customize the viewing angle to your liking.

Additionally, the Acer Predator XB271HU is also an excellent choice for productivity tasks such as video editing, graphic design, and programming. The monitor's high resolution and accurate color reproduction make it ideal for tasks that require accurate color representation, while the fast refresh rate and quick response time ensure that all your actions are displayed without any noticeable lag. The monitor also includes several connectivity options, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB 3.0, making it easy to connect all your devices. The Acer Predator XB271HU is an outstanding gaming monitor that also doubles as an excellent productivity tool, making it an excellent investment for anyone looking to upgrade their computer setup.

LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B.AUS 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) 144Hz Gaming Monitor by @w8deywins

As I said at the top of the article, there are a lot of monitors to choose from. For me, I think this 27” LG UltraGear gaming monitor is the sweet spot. Currently, it’s on sale for $249.99 - that's $50 of savings! Most gamers I've spoken to set their budget for their monitors to be around $300. This means you could use those savings elsewhere, like upgrading your mouse or covering your monitor with Micro Center’s Replacement Plan for peace of mind. Either way, you’re going to be saving money, upgrading your setup, and getting an advantage that only comes from having a high-refresh-rate monitor!

Enough of the small talk, let’s talk about what you really want to know: performance. Personally, I think 27” monitors are the way to go. It’s not too small or too big to sit comfortably at your desk. The minimum refresh rates on most monitors are 60Hz, but this LG UltraGear steps it up a notch with 144Hz, delivering ultra-fast, fluid gaming motion! The UltraGear supports 144Hz on both HDMI and DisplayPort, but recommends using DisplayPort for your gaming setup. Some other highlighted features are built-in cable management routing, Crosshair® feature for accuracy advantage(this is my favorite), IPS 1ms Response Time, and Nvidia G-SYNC and AMD Freesync compatibility for smoother gaming. LG was nice enough to even include both HDMI and DP cables for you so you won't have to make a return trip to Micro Center unless you really want to! Want to see the UltraGear up close? Ask a Sales Associate to see if this LG UltraGear is on display - they would love to help you out! 

Want even more Monitor Madness? Be sure to check out all our Top Deals for even more savings. On the Community, we have Champion Monitor recommendations and Gaming Monitor Guides. We'll be celebrating Monitor Madness all month long, so be sure to keep an eye on the Micro Center Community as we dig into PC build guides for high-end monitors, deals, and recommendations!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99