Micro Center Champions Recommend: Gaming and Daily Monitors

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Looking for a new monitor, but not sure what to get? Whether you’re gaming, working, or just browsing the web and watching the latest streams, our Micro Center champions have a monitor recommendation for you!

Asus 27” VG27AQL1A 2K QHD 170hz Gaming Monitor by @w8deywins

Looking for that next gaming edge? Before upgrading your internals, you should take a look at your monitor. If you’re gaming at 60FPS 1080p (or lower!), there are plenty of upgrade options available. The next step up would be 1440p or “2K”. Typically, 4K gaming monitors offer an incredible visual experience but do require more power, which can impact your framerate. A “2K” monitor is the best of both worlds, delivering you with a new, upgraded visual experience while maintaining a high, consistent FPS! Currently, I own the previous model(VWG27AQ) and look on with envy at this new, updated model. Some major highlights include an ultrafast refresh rate up to 170hz, an outstanding 1 billion+ color bits (which means it's a 10-bit display) and a beefy 90w power supply to support this beast! Also, it accepts the VESA 100 mount which means you can have an epic dual/triple monitor setup for your ultimate gaming experience.

Dell SE2723DS 27" 2K QHD Monitor by @tbarggs

The Dell SE2723DS is one of the best monitors for everyday use. Whether you’re just browsing social media or working on excel spreadsheets, this monitor is a great option for you! This Dell monitor has an IPS panel with a 2560x1440 resolution and a refresh rate of 75Hz. With a resolution of 2560x1440, sometimes referred to as “2K,” the SE2723DS delivers stunning clarity, no matter what you’re using it for. It also features a 5ms response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 178° viewing angles, and a brightness rating of 300 cd/m2. It has a USB Type C port, HDMI 1.4a, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI, and VGA inputs.

With these features, you can be comfortable in knowing that you have the setup for some incredible visuals, and the IPS panel ensures you have great color depth! One of the best, but often overlooked, features, but of of this model is the height adjusting stand. No longer will you have to crane your neck or hunch you back. It will always be perfect height for you to be as comfortable as possible while working. With its wide array of ports, it will absolutely work with your PC, no matter the age!

Dell Alienware 27 AW2721D 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) 240Hz Gaming Monitor by @lizzs

This monitor is an easy recommendation to anyone who is really into gaming, and more specifically if you’re into First-Person Shooters. I’m someone who is REALLY into playing Valorant. When I had first started playing the game, I had two monitors that I would switch between –A27-inch 2K 144Hz monitor, and a 24-inch 1080P 240Hzmonitor. I couldn’t make up my mind whether I wanted to play with a responsive, high refresh rate or at a higher resolution at a lower refresh rate. I was torn. When I saw Dell’s Alienware AW2721D 27” 2K 240Hz, I instantly fell in love. I was no longer torn between the two monitors, as I was able to get the best of both worlds!

The Alienware AW2721D has the top-of-the-line NVIDIA G-Sync Ultimate technology built in, which means that games have amazing contrast, HDR and eye-popping colors. Pairing this monitor with an RTX 3080 really has made me appreciate gaming so much more. If you’re looking to improve your gaming experience, this monitor is for you.

Acer Nitro XV272U 27" 2K WQHD (2560 x 1440) 170Hz Gaming Monitor by @TreBouncee

The Acer Nitro XV272U is arguably one of the best value 2K/144hz+ monitors. The combination of the high refresh rate and the crisp, bright panel (400cd/m2) is too great a pairing to be beat in my opinion. The 0.5 millisecond response time along with HDR 400 make for a colorful panel that doesn’t compromise on speed or reaction time, making for a great experience all around. Plus, with AMD FreeSync, you’ll be able to play without worry of stuttering or tearing. While you’ll get the most out of the monitor with a DisplayPort connection, it also supports up to 144Hz, still a fantastic framerate, with HDMI connections!

With its sale price (at time of writing) of $269.99, it’s currently in the range of a few budget monitors that it absolutely blows away. There are few other options that are as compelling at the same price point right now and I’d highly recommend picking one up if you’re in the market for a 2K monitor.

Still not sure which monitor is right for you? Stop in at any of our stores nationwide and our associates will be happy to make sure you get the monitor that fits your needs!

More from the Micro Center Community:

Looking for more information on PC parts and accessories? We’ve got PC Build Guides as well as articles on How to Choose Parts for your Custom PC BuildProduct ReviewsPart Comparisons, and even The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Gaming Laptop! And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to post a new discussion and the Community will be happy to help!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99