I just purchased an Inland SSD and my PC doesn't see it

JJ_
JJ_
First Comment
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
I just picked up a new 1TB Inland drive https://www.microcenter.com/product/508183/inland-professional-1tb-ssd-3d-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive which I cant wait to get workin in my PC. However I bootd up my PC running Windows 10 and its no where to be found. Please advise. 

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    edited April 2020
    Greetings JJ, and welcome to the Micro Center Community.

There are two things that I can think of that may be causing your issue. The first thing would be to verify your cable connections - you will need one cable running from your computer's power supply to the back of the drive (typically on some power supplies labelled SATA). The other cable would need to be running directly from your hard drive to your motherboard such as https://www.microcenter.com/product/247547/evercool-7-pin-sata-female-connector-to-7-pin-sata-female-connector-sata-data-cable-18-in---red - this would go into a SATA spot on your motherboard. It sounds like you have some drives installed already, so typically you can find additional ports by where your current drives are plugged into.

If you've got those cables there is another step so just let us know. If you need to check your cables, make sure your PC is turned off and unplugged before adjusting any wiring/cables. 
  • That was helpful as I was missing a cable - the one to the board so I got that done. Same problem now, I boot up and still no drive. Is it defective or what else is going on?
  • Yes that worked thank you I'm all set
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    JJ_ said:
    Yes that worked thank you I'm all set
    Glad to hear we were able to get that up and running for you.
  • Same issue for me solved by this article/guide. Thank you!
  • I recently bought a 512 gb inland nvme ssd and its not showing up nd it is saying system reserved
  • Hello @EB1 does the System reserved drive match the 512GB of your NVME? Typically the System reserved partition is a smaller size allocated to by your OS.
  • StewardsIT
    edited February 2021
    @LandShark, @Ian, I just bought my inland 500gb m.2 nvme ssd, installed it on my asrock phantom gaming 4 motherboard in M.2_1 slot per manufacturer instructions, but when I try to install windows 10 from usb inland ssd isn’t detected. I noticed that inland isn’t listed by asrock as a certified compatible hardware, could that be the issue?
  • Nevermind, I figured out the problem. I hadn’t pushed the ssd into the slot far enough. Works now. 
  • Glad it was an easy fix for you! 👍

Please do let us know if we can assist with anything else!

• I had recently used a digital coupon for a free Inland 256gb.. i couldn't get the stinker recognized on any machine i tried! turns out not working in IT since 2008 took its toll on my old self.. this helped immediately! i can now save my pics and vids of my children. the stress had begun until i just did a quick search here and holy cows, i'm thrilled! now i can go to my 15yo's birthday and refill my phone! lol

• I just had the same issue and was already planning to return the SSD for a new one. I haven't needed to allocate partitions and disk space since the early 2000's because most drives are plug and play. However, this thread solved my problem and we are good to go. Thank you for the explanation and the stroll down memory lane. 😎
  • blackhawk
    blackhawk
    First Comment
    edited September 2022

I had recently used a digital coupon for a free Inland 256g

I received a coupon a while back for a free Inland 256GB SSD Professional. I've had one in the past that worked immediately without any issues. The one which I received for free will not show up, even while following these simple instructions. I know that the SATA cord isn't the problem since the other one still shows up just fine.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@blackhawk

You have SATA and SATA power connected? Driver doesn't show up in the BIOS? What other drives are connected to the system and what motherboard do you have?

• keech787
    keech787
    First Comment
    edited November 2022

does anyone know what to do if your ssd card doesn't show up anywhere, it's not in the disk management for me. i have a inland qn322 installed in a asrock b450m pro4 at the bottom ssd card slot and i don't know why it's not showing up. And if i only put the new ssd in my computer won't load past the bios. any help would be great.

(update i believe the ssd card i drove almost 3 hours for is faulty, and doesn't work)

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99