Hey Gamers!! What's your go-to keyboard?

While my current gaming setup is primarily Logitech, the keyboard I've held close to my heart that I now use at work is the HyperX Elite Alloy RGB (Cherry MX Reds).  I've used this at local CSGO LANs at Game Arena and it was my primary keyboard I used during Seasons 30 and 31 of ESEA Open.  It'll be running at two years old come October and the switches are still super responsive.  I also swapped out the original keycaps for the PBTs >:)

What brand and model of keyboard do you currently use?  Or which was the best one you've ever had that you wish was still in production?

Best Answers

Answers

• Logitech G613 Lightspeed:
    Wireless, virtually 0 latency, mechanical, doesn't look "gamery"

I've always wanted to try to get one of these but the definitely cost a pretty penny.  If I they release a Lightspeed G Pro series, I might snag that up :)  Thank you for sharing! 
  • Tiahuana said:
    Corsair K95 RGB.
    This is such a slick board. I believe one of our techs also uses one of these.  He's all about RGB everything lol
  • Looking to get another of the Logitech G K840. My daily work keyboard. It lacks the RGB but very responsive.
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/510381/logitech-g-k840-mechanical-gaming-keyboard---romer-g-tactile
  • HyperX Alloy Elite RGB as well. I love how clicky it is, but not too clicky to where it bothers people if i dont have my mic on push to talk! I like the color customization it has as well as saved slots you can change the color on the fly. I really enjoy the droplet effect! Dont mind the bottle hahah i dont really have pictures of my keyboard. 

• HyperX Alloy Elite RGB as well. I love how clicky it is, but not too clicky to where it bothers people if i dont have my mic on push to talk! I like the color customization it has as well as saved slots you can change the color on the fly. I really enjoy the droplet effect! Dont mind the bottle hahah i dont really have pictures of my keyboard. 

Oh I'm minding the bottle!  I didn't even know Jameson had a cold brew!  That sounds delicious!  Thanks for sharing your setup and heck yes, HyperX!!! Also, second question, what rank are you in CSGO? 

• GMMK TKL with Everglide Oreo switches and GMK Red Samurai keycaps. A very comfy keyboard.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Usedfigma said:

GMMK TKL with Everglide Oreo switches and GMK Red Samurai keycaps. A very comfy keyboard.
    I love those keycaps!

The GMMK is great. I'll add a picture later when I have the chance, but I have a full-sized GMMK with Kailh Box Whites and some HyperX Double Shot PBT Keycaps. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    Usedfigma said:

GMMK TKL with Everglide Oreo switches and GMK Red Samurai keycaps. A very comfy keyboard.
    I love those keycaps!

The GMMK is great. I'll add a picture later when I have the chance, but I have a full-sized GMMK with Kailh Box Whites and some HyperX Double Shot PBT Keycaps. 
    HyperX Double Shot PBT Keycaps <3<3<3 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I am currently using a Keychron K4 for my wireless gaming setup: https://www.microcenter.com/product/621289/keychron-k4-wireless--wired-mechanical-gaming-keyboard---gateron-red. I won't lie, I hated it at first due to it missing some of the functions I used a ton. It lacks a physical print screen button, the RGB settings reset every single time you restart the computer, and for some reason it won't remember to keep my RGB off when I turn it off after restarting the PC.

Luckily the print screen issue was resolved in the latest firmware update, allowing me to hold FN + P + Page Up for 6 seconds to rebind the Page Up key to Print Screen. Sadly, the RGB is still very flaky and won't remember to stay off. This is a bummer for battery life and people like me that find RGB to be distracting in general. The lack of RGB control software might be off putting to others as well, but RGB isn't my cup of tea anyways so I don't mind it.

The switches feel fine, a lot like Cherry MX Red's. I still prefer the Romer G's from my Logitech G Pro, but until Logitech releases a wireless TKL G Pro with no macro keys on the side, I'll be using this instead.

The aluminum frame feels nice and solid and the extra caps that were provided were much appreciated. The caps themselves do feel extremely cheap though, so they may warrant replacement over time. For the price, it's definitely a solid wireless mechanical keyboard.

I'll add some pictures once I get home.
  • but until Logitech releases a wireless TKL G Pro with no macro keys on the side, I'll be using this instead.

I also await this.  My Logitech G Pro at home is great but a wireless Lightspeed option would be better and make my setup look clean.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TS_AlexS said:
    but until Logitech releases a wireless TKL G Pro with no macro keys on the side, I'll be using this instead.

I also await this.  My Logitech G Pro at home is great but a wireless Lightspeed option would be better and make my setup look clean.
    My "monitor" is a 55 inch OLED TV that I can't sit close to. My PC is a a massive open frame system with a 1260mm liquid-filled anchor attached to it, so I can't move it closer to the couch. I'd also rather not have a long USB cable strewn across the floor, so wireless is definitely a requirement. Since it's wireless, I want battery life to last as long as possible, so I need it to allow me to keep lighting off. 
  • LogitechG's battery life has come a long way for wireless peripherals.  I have the G Pro Wireless Mouse and maybe need to charge it once every week or two depending on the game I'm playing where as the Logitech G703 wireless had to be charged every 3-4 days
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    Has anyone here own or have owned Razer's Opto-mechanical keyboards? And if so, what are your opinions of it? 
  • AlexS
    AlexS admin
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes Micro Center Staff
    edited May 2020
    AlexS said:
    but until Logitech releases a wireless TKL G Pro with no macro keys on the side, I'll be using this instead.

Logitech has heard our cries.  Should see these in the market come June. :') 

• UPDATE:  This keyboard is AMAZING.  I'll get a video unboxing completed soon.
  • Bugha Five Below keyboard lol I’m kidding.
    I go with a HyperX Alloy Origins RGB
  • MightyD said:
    Bugha Five Below keyboard lol I’m kidding.
    I go with a HyperX Alloy Origins RGB
    HyperX is pretty fire! 
  • Err0h
    Err0h ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Thoughts on this?
    SteelSeries Apex 3 RGB Gaming Keyboard - OmniPoint - Micro Center I'm looking into getting it just as an RGB keyboard for my stream PC but I think it looks cool.  Much nicer than the Corsair K55  

• Personally, I'm not familiar with OmniPoint switches, but this looks like an amazing keyboard. Especially for $49.99!
    Here's some info on SteelSeries OmniPoint switches! This keyboard looks like an amazing buy, packed full of features with IP32 water resistance for protection against spills among others. Wow. If I buy another keyboard in the near future, this will be it.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99