i just finished building my pc and now it doesn't even turn on.

the only thing i see getting some power is just the motherboard cus the light turns on.    can someone help me? do i need more power? or do i have connections wrong.  or what else can it be    
    cpu - amd ryzen 7 3800x
 graphics card - evga geforce rtx 2070 super black.
 memory- tridentz G skil 16gb 2 x 8gb
 cpu cooler- kraken x62 280mm liuid cooler.
 SDD- samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme M.2 
motherboard- Asus prime x570 
power supply - evga supernova gold 750g+.                                                                    ion                                                                                                                                                                                            

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @eddie! Welcome to the Community. 

I realize you made this post a couple days ago so you may have already gotten your answer, but from the pictures you posted it looks like you just forgot to plug in the 8-pin CPU power connector on the top left corner of your motherboard. 

We also have a guide here that will walk you through other troubleshooting steps if you have more issues getting the system to boot. 
  • Hi @eddie!
    I'm new to the community so I apologize for the late comment. If it isn't posting, but it looks like it's turning on, it could be the g.skill memory. My rig wouldn't post at first. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with the 2070 super GPU. The Micro Center tech team checked with other memory and it posted. They let me swap the RAM with Ballistix.  
  • I have highlighted the area Tony has referred to. Missing these power connectors are for sure the issue you are experiencing. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99