$600 budget build

Hey I am looking to build a $600 budget build for some gaming and to learn to code. I do have a hard drive and mointors kb mouse already. Looking for something maybe that I had upgrade video card down the line to make into a better gaming pc. Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @Shird! Welcome to the Community. 

Do you know what kind of gaming you were planning on, and does is this budget including the cost of Windows? Is it $600 before or after taxes?

Depending on those specifics this could be a really, really tight budget. 
  • I have windows already and before taxes i have around 700 total to spend. As far as gaming nothing crazy ill be playing at 1080 and dont mind playing on lower settings. Games like GTA5 witcher 3 
  • @Shird
    Thank you for the information. After review I have the following build listed in the provided link. With tax this does go a bit above the $700 listing, but I wanted to provide a build to show what options would be available with going over by a small portion. You could always go with some different parts or options to assist in lowering the price further such as an SSD with 250GB, but I would advise that you would need a second SSD or HDD for game storage soon after. 

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=71eebdb1-3c86-4f87-9611-780fe68b2ca1

Know that if you also have any additional questions on different parts or options for your build such as additional cooling, one of our Sales Consultants in store would be happy to assist you.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    In addition to what Bryant said, I'll throw in a good word for the GTX 1650 Super for video card choice. It's very close to the 1660 in performance but comes out a decent amount cheaper. Taking that into account and doing some other adjustments in other spots, we can get it down closer to $600:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=a20c03e5-c5c1-4a91-af77-b988cf7eecd1

Note that on my build vs. Bryant's, there is a downgrade on the Power Supply, and personally speaking I'd prefer to stick with one a little more powerful and it leaves better upgrade paths in the future. I also agree that you'll probably want to consider an extra hard drive or another SSD in the future for storage capacity. 
  • Would a WD blue SN550 ssd hard drive work with this build? My friend bought it and never used it, it looks like a ram stick to me so I just wanted to make sure it would work before taking it off his hands

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99