Please Help! First Build:)

Hey all, I'm looking to build my first PC.  I have some knowledge of computers as a Comp Sci Junior in College, but definitely not enough to make my own decisions uninformed.  I am looking to use my PC to run some heavy design software, a few games (Valorant, League of Legends, Apex Legends, etc), and lotssss of coding.  Below I have the link to the part list I am sitting at right now, and my budget is about 3k.  Any thoughts?
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=ba9e9e88-892c-41a9-beb2-1e01ce2dcd1b

Comments

• Hello @geande52, thank you for joining the Micro Center Community. I have checked the link that you sent with the build guide. For the gaming and coding part, this system should not have any issues. I can not say on the design software since this can vary depending on the software. Can you provide which ones you are looking to use with the system? 
  • Yes, I am looking to use programs like Solidworks 2019, Rhino 7, AutoCad, and Final Cut Pro.  I would be doing large assembly design and non-4k video editing.  Also, instead of the GPU I have in this build I am considering a EVGA 2080S as opposed to the 2070S.  Thoughts?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    What you have picked out should work just fine for those design software programs. If you wanted to change to a 2080 Super you can do that, you would not have any sort of bottlenecking based on what you have picked out. A switch from a 2070 Super to 2080 would only really benefit gaming performance though. If you are looking into design work and editing you could also look into changing the processor to a 9900K if you wanted. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99