Can Micro Center upgrade your PC?

Options
Phantom_SN
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hello all
I have a full PC already that works just fine. However, I wish to upgrade it once I have the money to do so. The question is, can I bring in an already built PC (that I built myself) and have Micro Center install the parts for me instead of doing it myself? Even if the labor costs are existing (which I expect they would be), I don't actually trust myself to take out parts and put in new ones (I once broke my motherboard trying to resit the CPU). For example, say I wanted to upgrade my processor and case:
Can I bring my PC to Micro Center, buy the parts there, and ask them to install the CPU and transfer everything to the new case?
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Phantom_SN! Welcome to the Community. 

That's definitely something we'd be able to do. If you're replacing the case, at that point we'd essentially be reassembling a full build so the labor charges would fall under a custom build fee, which starts at $149.99. Individual part upgrades/replacements would have their own respective labor charges. 
  • C0v3rt_X
    Options
    @Phantom_SN - Why? You built the system and it is working. Just be careful when you undo whatever part you want to upgrade and save yourself $149.99 during these times. Don't be scared. You can do it. I was there and now I build and disassembled thousands of PC's with ease. I know its nerve wrecking but take your time. YouTube is your friend and you can watch many tech tubers do it.
  • Phantom_SN
    Options
    Alright thanks I suppose. I actually had to go to Micro Center to get a new motherboard after I broke my first one which is why I don't trust myself. The upgrade I need the most is a CPU so that's why I want someone else to do it. But if you believe in me then I guess I can try to do it myself.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99