PowerSpec General Questions

PowerSpec_MikeW
PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
250 Likes 25 Insightfuls Fifth Anniversary 2500 Comments

Greetings,

We'd like to hear your questions regarding our PowerSpec PC's. Please ask anything you would like. Pre-sales and post-sales. Questions about the testing and qualification process internally. Really, anything you would like and we'll answer as soon as possible. Our intent is to compile the data gathered into an FAQ.

Comments

• Hello - One thing I've been running into during the first few days I've had my G477 is I'm getting a Windows Notification that there is —- Not enough USB Controller Resources - The controller does not have enough resources for this device. —- I'm getting it using a Fanatec DD1 Podium wheel mostly. Sometimes it recognizes the wheel…Sometimes it doesn't. I've moved the USB between 2.0 and 3.0 slots and still get the same notification. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@CurlingRacer

I would try to limit the USB devices connected to troubleshoot this. Just connect the devices you're using. If there are system devices you're not using that use USB, disable them. As an example Bluetooth would use USB 2.0 lanes.

• Questions Regarding the PowerSpec G518
    • 1. There is a blinking red light on the case just above the power button. What do the lights between the power and reset buttons on the case mean? The one on the left is solid blue and the one on the right is blinking red.
    • 2. I figured out how to use polychrome sync to control the RBG fans and CPU cooler. I can adjust the RGB for both the fans and the cooler, but turning RGB off doesn't affect the CPU cooler (only the fans).
  • PowerSpec_MikeW

@Toasty8

1. HDD activity.
    2. Interesting find. There should have been a USB accessory cable in the accessory kit to connect the cooler to a USB 2.0 header. If you want to try that, we can shut it off via the Wraith Prism software. If you just want it off, I can write something custom to do that, but you need the USB cable connected to 'talk' to the cooler.

• The RGB cord for the cpu cooler does not have a compatible connector for the USB 2.0 header on the mobo nor the included extra USB cable.
    The RGB cord on the cooler uses 4 female holes in a row and the USB headers use 5 double stacked male ends. Not sure what the needed conversion cord is called.

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@Toasty8

There should be a USB cable in the accessory bag. There's a plastic cover over the slot on the Wraith Cooler.

• What is the RMA process if we have an i9 14900KF that has degraded. Constant Bluescreens from various games and any type of decompression work done by the processor.

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@TJklug

Bring it in for service and we'll take care of it under the manufacturer warranty.

• Hi. My mother's PC is a PowerSpec G418. I'm trying to take the graphics card out to reseat it. I unplugged the cables and undid the screws. It wiggles around in the slot, but will not lift out, no matter how much rocking and pulling I do. Is there some kind of release mechanism I'm not seeing?

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@eagle789

There's a lock tab on the back of the PCIe slot. You have to press the tab down. Push the card back into the socket first.

From ASRock:

• OK. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@eagle789

Sometimes they can be hard to reach. I use spare rear I/O covers sometimes if there isn't much gap between the card and CPU cooler.

• Long story short: I ended up taking the PC to Micro Center to look at. According to them, it booted right up and other than reseating the graphics card I'd failed in pulling out, nothing else needed to be done. I took it home, plugged everything back in and pressed the button… still nothing. I was just about to throw the damn thing out of the window, when I realized I'd been pressing the sleep/wake button instead of the power button the whole time.

• PowerSpec_MikeW

@eagle789

It happens, don't worry too much about it. Glad you got things sorted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99