COVID-19 & Micro Center Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] — Micro Center

COVID-19 & Micro Center Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

AlexSAlexS admin
edited May 5 in Customer Support

Here we have an improved list of our Frequently Asked Questions.  We've sorted them by the following categories and hopefully can address the questions you have.  Just click on the category below and you'll see some common questions and answers related to that topic.  As always, if you have a question not found here, please feel free to comment below.

Categories

Comments

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited June 1

Store Questions (Brick and Mortar)

Q.  What are your store hours?
    A.  Store locations are open Mon - Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 11am-6pm.

Q.  Can customers go inside of the store?
    A.  Yes, customers are being allowed inside of the physical store, but they will be asked to practice social distancing.  

Q.  Is there a waitlist?
    A.  To ensure we are limiting the amount of customers we allow into the store, we have implemented a texted-based waitlist. 

Q.  How do I get on the wait list?
    A.  Upon arriving to the store, give your name and number to the greeter outside.  You will be asked to wait in your car and you will receive a text when it's time to enter.  Please plan for additional time to enter.  We recommend arriving at least one hour before closing to ensure entry.  The store does reserve the right to close the waitlist early depending on the volume of visitors awaiting entry.

Q.  Can I be added to the wait list via text?
    A.  We cannot add a visitor to the wait list in advance.  Please refer to the answer above on how to be added to the wait list. 

Q.  Are there any early open hours for seniors or immunocompromised individuals? 
    A.  Our stores will open one hour early on Tuesdays for high-risk (those deemed so by the CDC) and elderly customers (60 and over)

Q.  Are you doing any in-store clinics?
    A.  In-store clinics are currently suspended indefinitely.

Q.  What are your wait times for the store?
    A.  This varies from location to location, however we do not have estimated wait times available.  It is recommended to stop by at least an hour before close to get on the wait list.

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 5

COVID-19 Related Questions

Q.  Can customers go inside of the store?
    A.  Yes, customers are being allowed into the store, but they will be asked to practice social distancing etiquette.

Q.  Are there any early open hours for seniors or immunocompromised individuals? 
    A.  Our stores will open one hour early on Tuesdays for high-risk (those deemed so by the CDC) and elderly customers (60 and over)

Q.  What is Micro Center doing to ensure the stores are maintaining social distancing and what sort of safety measures are being implemented?
    A.  We have adjusted store hours and limited the number of customers inside the building at a time to ensure we are practicing social distancing.  Enhanced cleaning is being done at stores twice a day.  More information can be found here! 

Q.  Do I have to wear a face mask to go into your store?
    A.  While it's recommended to wear a facemask in a public setting, the following locations are mandatory:
    • All New York locations (Brooklyn, Flushing, Westbury, Yonkers)
    • North Jersey
    • All Illinois Locations (Chicagoland, Westmont)

Q.  Are you offering any discounts to First Responders?
    A.  Yes, we are currently offering a discount to First Responders.

Q.  Do you accept cash or checks?  
    A.  We are currently not accepting cash or checks to minimize physical contact.  Credit/debit cards and A/R accounts are accepted.  ApplePay/SamsungPay/GooglePay is still accepted at the register inside the store, but not for curbside pickup.  Dell Preferred has also be suspended indefinitely.

Q.  Can I make an order over the phone for in-store pickup?
    A.  Since we are unable to accept payment information over the phone, we cannot place orders for in-store reservations at the time being as it requires a credit card.

Q.  Is the knowledge bar open?
    A.  The knowledge bar and extended technical consultation is suspended indefinitely.

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 12

Customer Service

Q.  Are you able to do returns or exchanges?
    A.  Yes, we can still process returns and exchanges.  If you paid with cash for an item prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and are within the return policy, we can do a cash refund.  Check out Micro Center's Return Policy page here.

A.  We are currently not accepting cash or checks to minimize physical contact.  Credit/debit cards and A/R accounts are accepted.  ApplePay/SamsungPay/GooglePay is still accepted at the register inside the store, but not for curbside pickup.  Dell Preferred has also be suspended indefinitely.

Q.  I lost or did not receive my receipt.  How can I get a copy?
    A.  We can email you a copy of your receipt after 1 business day.  Just send us a text at 614-850-3675 and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Q.  Do you accept Virtual Credit Cards?
    A.  Card transactions at the store require a physical card.  If it's something like a pre-paid Visa gift card that you physically possess, we can swipe it.  We cannot accept electronically generated card numbers that would have to be input manually in-store.  

Q.  Can I use my Micro Center Insider Account Credit Card to place a hold for reservation?
    A.  Unfortunately, the MC insider Account Credit Card is not available for use on the website at this time, so you'll have to use a different card to place the reservation.  When you arrive at the store, you can use your MC Insider Account Credit Card to complete the purchase.

Q.  For the Micro Center Insider Account Credit Card, what sort of offers are available?
    A.  While it's not listed on the web store, you can either get 5% off your purchase or you can opt for 0% APR if paid within 6 months for a purchase of $249.99 or more.

A.  Since we are unable to accept payment information over the phone, we cannot place orders for in-store reservations at the time being as it requires a credit card.

Q.  Can I change my shipped order to an in-store pickup?
    A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation for your local Micro Center.

Q.  Can you hold a reservation beyond 3 days?
    A.  Once a reservation is placed, you have 3 days to pick it up.  If not, it goes back to the shelf.  You can place another reservation if you are unable to pick up within 3 days.

Q.  When will you get more stock of an item?
    A.  We are working hard with our vendors and suppliers to restock as quickly as possible, but due to current events, we cannot promise a specific time frame.  It is recommended to record a SKU of the item you want and check www.microcenter.com to check stock levels.  If you see the item, place a reservation request on it. 

A.  The knowledge bar and extended technical consultation is suspended indefinitely.

Q.  Are you doing any in-store clinics?
    A.  In-store clinics are currently suspended indefinitely.

Q.  "I purchased a headset, headphones or VR unit. Can I return it?"
    A.  For safety reasons, we are no longer accepting returns on headsets, headphones and VR units. This applies to headphones and earbuds; Apple Airpods and Beats; phone, PC and gaming headsets; and VR headsets.

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 12

In-Store Pickup

Q.  Is in-store pickup available?
    A.  We still offer in-store pickup, however, due to the influx of orders and reduced staff, your order may experience a delay before it's confirmed ready.

Q.  If I have an in-store pickup order, do I still have to get on the wait list?
    A.  Yes, you will still have to get on the wait list to enter the store, but your items once confirmed, will be reserved for you.

A.  Upon arriving to the store, give your name and number to the greeter outside.  You will be asked to wait in your car and you will receive a text when it's time to enter.  Please plan for additional time to enter.  We recommend arriving at least one hour before closing to ensure entry.  The store does reserve the right to close the waitlist early depending on the volume of visitors awaiting entry.

A.  We cannot add a visitor to the wait list in advance.  Please refer to the answer above on how to be added to the wait list. 

Q.  Why have I not received my confirmation email yet?  Is my order ready for pickup?
    A.  Since the beginning of the pandemic, our stores have received an influx of in-store reservation requests.  While our teams are doing their very best to fulfill all requests, the speed we normally operate at is limited as we have to exercise the social distancing standards as set by the CDC and State of your local Micro Center.  If you need an item, it may be optimal for you to stop by, enter the wait list, and when texted to come in, choose your items and make your purchase.  We again apologize for any inconvenience.

Q.  Can I use my Micro Center Insider Account Credit Card to place a hold for reservation?
    A.  Unfortunately, the MC insider Account Credit Card is not available for use on the website at this time, so you'll have to use a different card to place the reservation.  When you arrive at the store, you can use your MC Insider Account Credit Card to complete the purchase.

Q.  Why can't I reserve a specific item?
    A.  Some items are limited to first come, first serve.

A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation for your local Micro Center.

Q.  Can you hold an in-store pickup reservation beyond 3 days?
    A.  Once a reservation is placed, you have 3 days to pick it up.  If not, it goes back to the shelf.  You can place another reservation if you are unable to pick up within 3 days.

Q.  Can I have someone else pick up my in-store reservation for me?
    A.  Someone else can pick up your order, as long as they are paying with their own credit card that matches their own identification.  
    • Q.  "But I paid for the in-store reservation online!"
    • A.  This is only an authorization.  Full payment must be completed at the store.
    Q.  I need an in-store reservation to be canceled.  How can I do this?
    A.  If you need to cancel an in-store reservation, please call or text 614-850-3675 with your order number and store location and we'll try to get to your cancellation request submitted to the store.

Q.  How do I check the status of my in-store reservation?
    A.  Please text your local Micro Center location with your reservation # and we will try to get your order status as soon as possible.
  • AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 5

Curbside Pickup

Q.  Is Curbside pickup available?
    A.  Curbside pickup is currently available in select stores for the time being.  The store locations are listed below:
    • All New York locations (Brooklyn, Flushing, Westbury, Yonkers)
    • Madison Heights, MI
    • Brentwood, MO
    • St Louis Park, MN

Q.  How does the curbside pick up process work?
    A.  Once you receive the confirmation email, you can opt in for curbside pickup.
    • When you arrive at the store, please check in with the greeter.  You will be asked to provide your ID and credit card.  
    • They will process this transaction in the store as if it was an in-store pickup order and bring out your order and return your credit card and ID.

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 12

Micro Center OnLine

Q.  What are Micro Center Online's hours?
    A.  Micro Center OnLine's hours are from 10am-5pm EST, Monday through Saturday.

Q.  Are you offering Next Day or Two-Day Shipping?
    A.  We are only offering Standard Shipping at this time.

Q.  Can you ship overseas?
    A.  Micro Center only ships to the domestic United States of America.

Q.  Why is this item not available for shipping?
    A.  Some of these items are deemed in-store only as a decision by Micro Center.

Q.  How can I check the status of my order?
    A.  While we're experiencing a delay in ship-outs, you can text us at 614-850-3675 with your order number and we'll get you an order status as soon as we can. 

A.  No, you will have to have the order cancelled for shipping and place a new order on the website for an in-store reservation.

Q.  Can I have my in-store pickup reservation shipped to me?
    A.  No, you will have to place an order online at www.microcenter.com for shipping

Q.  I need an order to be canceled.  How can I do this?
    A.  If you need to cancel an order that has not yet shipped, please call or text 614-850-3675 with your order number and we'll try to get to your cancellation request as soon as possible.

Q.  My Micro Center Insider Account is locked.  How do I get this unlocked?
    A.  Please call us at 614-850-3675 Option 3 to get your account unlocked.  If you need an order to be placed in a more urgent sense, it may be suggested to simply check out as a guest.

Q. Why does it take so long to get someone on the phone?
    A. We do apologize for the delay.  Since the beginning of the pandemic, we've been experiencing high volume of contacts across all channels including phones, text, chat, and email.  We will try to get to you as soon as possible.

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 12

Service Related Questions

Q.  Is your service department still available for repairs?
    A.  Yes, our service department is still available to complete repairs for your computer.  Depending on your store location, there will delays in repairs due to limited staffing and other factors.  All locations are operating at drop off and pick up only.

Q.  If I have a computer I wish to drop off for repairs, do I still have to get on the wait list?
    A.  Yes, you will still have to get on the wait list to enter the store.

Q.  How can I check the status of my repair?
    A.  You can check the status using your RP number at https://service.microcenter.com/

A.  The knowledge bar and extended technical consultation is suspending indefinitely.

Q.  Can I get my Apple iPhone repaired at Micro Center?
    A.  Unfortunately, we can only facilitate shipping to Apple at this time and cannot accommodate repairs in-house. 

• AlexSAlexS admin
    edited May 5

Special Requests

Q.  Are you offering any discounts to First Responders?
    A.  Yes, we are currently offering a discount to First Responders.

Q.  Can I have someone else pick up my in-store reservation for me?
    A.  Someone else can pick up your order, as long as they are paying with their own credit card that matches their own identification.  
    • Q.  "But I paid for the in-store reservation online!"
    • A.  This is only an authorization.  Full payment must be completed at the store.

• Hello! One month later and I have the same question. My Corsair Void Elite simply do not fit my apparently tiny head. I can - or, rather, would be able to - return these until the 14th of June. Are there any lifted restrictions for this type of return yet?
  • Chrys3s said:
    Hello! One month later and I have the same question. My Corsair Void Elite simply do not fit my apparently tiny head. I can - or, rather, would be able to - return these until the 14th of June. Are there any lifted restrictions for this type of return yet?
    Unfortunately the restrictions have not been lifted yet. 
  • My asus Cerberus headphones was bought with the microcenter 2 year warranty, and one of the sides just stopped working. Can I cash out the warranty for the $50 I paid and pick some new ones up?
  • My asus Cerberus headphones was bought with the microcenter 2 year warranty, and one of the sides just stopped working. Can I cash out the warranty for the $50 I paid and pick some new ones up?
    Hello @Teafan1221, we will honor warranties, however I would recommend texting us so we can confirm your warranty options so we can cover all of our basis and take the appropriate actions.
  • edited June 30
    We want to buy a dell inspiron computer. We want to talk to someone about how we would transfer files from an old computer to the new one. How is this done? Do we bring in the old computer or do you do this remotely? My email is [removed for privacy]
  • IanIan admin
    We want to buy a dell inspiron computer. We want to talk to someone about how we would transfer files from an old computer to the new one. How is this done? Do we bring in the old computer or do you do this remotely? My email is [removed for privacy]
    Yes, we are able to look at computers for data transfers at any Micro Center store. An appointment is not needed for service, there may be some available online at https://www.microcenter.com/site/service/service.aspx Otherwise please visit the store with the computer and charger/power cable for assistance, store hours are 10am until 7pm Mon-Sat, 11am-6pm Sun.