unable to verify billing address

Options
2»

Comments

• It's really sad to see how long this issue has been going on. Yet the devs have still not resolved this issue. How hard is it to fix? You are literally forcing people to go to the store during a pandemic? Everything is online now a days and a tech company can't even grasp that and fix a problem?
  • Equinox
    Options

Have been experiencing this for two months including for an order I'm attempting to place as I type this.

Wasn't always like this, something changed, and for the worse. Quite aggravating.

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @Equinox

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Have you tried following the steps in our Knowledge Base article? (Resolving Address Verification Issues)

• OMoore
    Options

Yea this makes me question doing business at Microcenter. Can't believe an issue like this has been going on for such a long time. It is not ideal at all for most of us to during the pandemic. How can you advertise curb side pickup when checkout doesn't even work - this is such a stupid issue.

• So I found this thread and see they've had this problem since november??? I tried hard to give microcenter my money used 4 different cards tried at least 10 different spellings of my address, copy pasted it from my bank, credit debit, and I only went through this effort because I like microcenter but turns out the online experience is a huge letdown and I'm going to go shop elsewhere after this experience, not gonna wait till the morning and get on a call to make an online order in 2021.

• JS_MC
    Options

Sorry to hear that this was your experience.

I see you mentioned that you didn't plan to wait, however, if you were still interested in placing your order we'd love to get your information so that we can look further into this.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused!

• Ryguy
    Options

I am having the same issue. I will give an honest account of how bad my experience has been thus far. I tried placing my order to be shipped to me. like all of the people in the comments here their check out system failed. I even used the address that their verification tool gave me and it did not work! I also tried changing my address to about 10 different combinations as their site suggests and nothing worked. I tried talking to someone in live chat, he wasn't helpful. He asked the issue and acted as if he was going to process the order for me and asked for all the SKU's of my items which I gave him. After waiting a few minutes he told me to call their number to process the order because they won't help process it in their online chat system..... Why then make me hunt down all the SKU numbers for him.....???? waste of my time. 

I then called the number and waited for FOURTY FIVE MINUTES on hold YES 45!!! Finally once someone answered he either disconnected or hung up accidently as he answered!!! Then he DID NOT TRY call back! Are you joking? I then called a second time and waited for another 30 MINUTES and gave up while still waiting. I tried to call the next day and waited on hold for YET ANOTHER 30 MINUTES!!!! and gave up again!!!! Seriously there is no excuse for this service. NONE! a company that specializes in computers CANT EVEN RUN A WEBSITE FOR CHECKOUT!!!! LET ALONE answer a call! The problem is still happening too which is outrageous!!! I HAVE NEVER EVER had such a difficult time ordering something in my entire life!!!! NO I will not be calling AGAIN to place an order that they should have helped me process online! NO I AM NOT WAITING ON HOLD FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG TO PLACE AN ORDER. Seriously FIX THIS ISSUE!!!.  

Also telling people in this thread to call a number to place their orders who have already spent a lot of time trying to change their addresses or use different cards, or who already called and waited on hold. Is pretty trash customer service. Especially since its not the customer's fault. It's micro centers terrible verification tool or website. You should be trying to get in contact with them and resolve it. Also why does their site WIPE OUT the customers cart EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

AT LEAST let people place their orders through live chat or maybe email as long as they can verify their identity or something, instead of having to call and wait on hold forever because of your BAD SYSTEM. If I can't get this resolved soon I will never be buying from micro center again. I will certainly never recommend them either and tell them how bad my experience was. I am not trying to be mean or rude but I am extremely frustrated with my experience and how bad the customer service has been. I just want to buy and yes buy from micro center. However, in all honesty. sad to say my whole experience and micro center's service has been trash!

• demon09
    Options

This is actully horrible. there is no number to even spell out other then my house number in my billing address.... and If I spell that out the system says its an invalid address... the fact this is still going on in april. and seeing the poster above me had an experience like that even trying to call in I will just pass on trying to order at micro center and buy my laptop elsewhere

This discussion has been closed.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99