RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Also wanted to know about the voucher system like at what time will the person be there to hand them out because if they will only be there at 9 am then people will still line up I was playing to be there early to make sure I get one but now I'm afraid that I will get there and there and people already got them all super early or that it will just be a line to get the vouchers anyways. ( don't get me wrong I really appreciate the voucher system as then we can wait in the cars or get something to eat but just would like to know at least what time someone will be there at least)

• Now no FE cards? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have zero intention of paying $200+ over FE for a 2% overclock and ugly cooler. This is really disappointing. 
    Based on prices we saw on other sites, doesn't seem like they're going to charge that much more. Maybe $20-30. Microcenter never seems to bad about that particular thing either. 

I would like to know if I should camp overnight at Tustin in my car to be disappointed, never really done that for anything, but I'm so bored lately might as well hang out at one of my favorite cool stores
  • How would they be handTSTonyV said:
    gsmithfcd said:
    The voucher system from the FAQ has me worried...
    Hypothetically speaking...what if a line builds up around midnight and all the vouchers are given out then everyone goes home.  Then around 6am more people show up thinking they are at the beginning of the line and then wait there until 10am when the store opens only to find out they don't get one because all the vouchers have already been given out?

That would be a huge bummer.  
    I'll see if I can get clarification on this and update the FAQ if I do. 
    How would they be handing out vouchers at midnight?There store hours start at 10am.My assumption is they start handing them out the morning of starting with the first person inline.
  • They confirmed it'll be when the stores open

• i am hoping that it wont be a be in line at midnight that would suck for us that have to work early in the morning. 
  • shinfo44
    shinfo44 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Hello! I am not seeing the said "FAQ" section that some people are referring to. Am I crazy or did it get taken down?

I am also most concerned about the voucher system, I just need to know when I should plan to do everything. I have seen some nightmare stories on Reddit where people lined up early only to find out that they passed out vouchers at midnight. Would really hate to waste time like that. Or that they showed up an hour beforehand and everything was alright.

Is there going to being uniformity in voucher policy/launch day events between all stores, or is it going to be dependent on certain locations?
  • shinfo44 said:
    Hello! I am not seeing the said "FAQ" section that some people are referring to. Am I crazy or did it get taken down?

I am also most concerned about the voucher system, I just need to know when I should plan to do everything. I have seen some nightmare stories on Reddit where people lined up early only to find out that they passed out vouchers at midnight. Would really hate to waste time like that. Or that they showed up an hour beforehand and everything was alright.

Is there going to being uniformity in voucher policy/launch day events between all stores, or is it going to be dependent on certain locations?
    How would they even hand out vouchers at midnight when the store is closed at 9PM? They haven't posted extended hours for this event. Also they keep posting that link for a FAQ and/or "where to get latest updates" and it's just literally this non-official forums topic lol. 

• I can't find the tweet where they say this, and I get that there's no extended hours but I'm still afraid of not being able to get that brochure, can someone confirm that this tweet is true?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Now no FE cards? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have zero intention of paying $200+ over FE for a 2% overclock and ugly cooler. This is really disappointing. 
    The AIB cards will probably not be that much more expensive except for the top-end models like EVGA's Kingpin cards or the ASUS ROG Strix models. I'd expect most to be within $100 or less of MSRP, and I definitely expect models within $50. 

shinfo44 said:

shinfo44 said:

How would they even hand out vouchers at midnight when the store is closed at 9PM? They haven't posted extended hours for this event. Also they keep posting that link for a FAQ and/or "where to get latest updates" and it's just literally this non-official forums topic lol. 

The FAQ has been temporarily removed as we update some information, we'll bring it back once we have it updated. Sorry about the confusion. 
  • They confirmed it'll be when the stores open

I can't find the tweet where they say this, and I get that there's no extended hours but I'm still afraid of not being able to get that brochure, can someone confirm that this tweet is true?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snewpy said:
    They confirmed it'll be when the stores open

I can't find the tweet where they say this, and I get that there's no extended hours but I'm still afraid of not being able to get that brochure, can someone confirm that this tweet is true?
    The tweet may have been removed, we're currently trying to get some updated information and it may be that the voucher system is not going to be as we expected? I'm not 100% sure yet, currently trying to confirm, sorry about the confusion! We'll post updates here once we have them. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    Snewpy said:

The tweet may have been removed, we're currently trying to get some updated information and it may be that the voucher system is not going to be as we expected? I'm not 100% sure yet, currently trying to confirm, sorry about the confusion! We'll post updates here once we have them. 
    Thanks for the quick reply, if the voucher system ends up not being a thing, would it just go back to being first come first serve? The voucher system sounds a lot more confusing than anything right now. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snewpy said:
    TSTonyV said:
    Snewpy said:

Thanks for the quick reply, if the voucher system ends up not being a thing, would it just go back to being first come first serve? The voucher system sounds a lot more confusing than anything right now. 
    The voucher system would still be "First come first served" per se, but my assumption would be if we do not use that kind of system, we'll probably use the same wait-list system that was implemented at our stores when COVID was at its peak and we had lines to get in basically every day. However we just don't know for sure yet until we get confirmation. 
  • I would much prefer the wait list system, sounds like a more organized system 
  • paulyy_y said:
    shinfo44 said:

Beats me! Just saw a story on the internet. You don't think people would go on the internet and tell lies, do you? :D

But for real, just happy to get some clarification at some point.

TSTonyV said:
    Now no FE cards? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have zero intention of paying $200+ over FE for a 2% overclock and ugly cooler. This is really disappointing. 
    The AIB cards will probably not be that much more expensive except for the top-end models like EVGA's Kingpin cards or the ASUS ROG Strix models. I'd expect most to be within $100 or less of MSRP, and I definitely expect models within $50. 

shinfo44 said:

shinfo44 said:

The FAQ has been temporarily removed as we update some information, we'll bring it back once we have it updated. Sorry about the confusion. 

Thanks for the update! I will be on the lookout.
  • Felicity said:
    Based on prices we saw on other sites, doesn't seem like they're going to charge that much more. Maybe $20-30. Microcenter never seems to bad about that particular thing either. 

I would like to know if I should camp overnight at Tustin in my car to be disappointed, never really done that for anything, but I'm so bored lately might as well hang out at one of my favorite cool stores

That's better news. I had been hearing $899 MSRP for many AIBs at launch, then prices dropping after that as "sales" kick in. I hope that's not the case.
  • If I have to wait 12hrs for my 3080 I will! 
  • I would love to know with whichever system gets used, will you know your place in line and how many cards there are actually in stock when you receive your voucher, space in line, or etc. Just so that anyone that gets there, if they’re not among the first 5 in line that they’ll know whether they’re more or less guaranteed the ability to purchase one. So that if you’re not among the amount of people within the set amount of cards received, we’ll be able to try our luck online instead of just being 110% out of luck for showing up slightly later. I would also hope it would be first come first serve as in those that show up at 4am have a better chance, no matter which system
  • I wanna know the best way to get the card day one i hope we hear something soon.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    OFalk280 said:
    I would love to know with whichever system gets used, will you know your place in line and how many cards there are actually in stock when you receive your voucher, space in line, or etc. Just so that anyone that gets there, if they’re not among the first 5 in line that they’ll know whether they’re more or less guaranteed the ability to purchase one. So that if you’re not among the amount of people within the set amount of cards received, we’ll be able to try our luck online instead of just being 110% out of luck for showing up slightly later. I would also hope it would be first come first serve as in those that show up at 4am have a better chance, no matter which system
    Good questions to ask. Hopefully we're able to get these details for you soon. 
  • Could a lottery system work or is that to unfair?
  • Anyone else planning to camp in front of the store from 12AM? I might pull it
  • racer said:
    Anyone else planning to camp in front of the store from 12AM? I might pull it
    I am going around 6-7am
  • racer said:
    what store are you planning to go to ? in going to be at the Houston one thinking I might just go early like 6 or so as well depends on how their system works i live close so if I have to ill go whenever I can't wait anymore xD. 
  • CragBran
    CragBran ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited September 2020
    If you guys are looking for ideas on how to handle day one I recommend posting the cards online for reservations at 9am est like Nvidia is doing and if someone walks into microcenter without a reserved card they can’t get one.
  • CragBran said:
    If you guys are looking for ideas on how to handle day one I recommend posting the cards online for reservations at 9am est like Nvidia is doing and if someone walks into microcenter without a reserved card they can’t get one.
    The problem with this is a lot of the time people buy to fast and then it gets Overbought and some orders will get canceled.
  • clementk said:
    racer said:
    what store are you planning to go to ? in going to be at the Houston one thinking I might just go early like 6 or so as well depends on how their system works i live close so if I have to ill go whenever I can't wait anymore xD. 

PA :D
  • clementk said:
    CragBran said:
    The problem with this is a lot of the time people buy to fast and then it gets Overbought and some orders will get canceled.
    Yeah I see the issue I wonder what they will end up doing.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    CragBran said:
    Cards will not be available for reservation initially. They will be first-come-first served. 
  • I just wanted to clarify what time the store will be open to give our vouchers. With MC be open at midnight or normal business hours

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99