RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Lots of rumors around the 3060, I think this could be the new sweet spot for ultra 1080p gaming and decent 1440p performance. For a rumored $400, that's hard to beat. FYI, it might be a 3060 Ti brand.
  • Anyone know when we can expect to see powerspec prebuilts with these cards starting to be sold?
  • DaBostonBeast
    edited September 2020
    The digital foundry piece on YouTube was obviously a paid spot. Like an Infomercial. A bunch of percentages. Cherry picking RTX on, RTX off. No fps. Good for them they got paid but not an unbiased review in any sense of the word.
  • Regardless I'm there day 1!!! Maybe I keep it maybe I don't but I love the cooler design. If you're air cooling your cpu with a tower you may be in trouble though. Jensen said F--- UR CPU!!! Now if we can just get that ZEN 3 chip we're off to the future!!!
  • Are these vouchers basically just reservations for the cards? Can you request vouchers for specific AIBs or is it just for the card as a whole?
  • I assume it's like how you buy any card there; you get a slip for the one you request, you bring it to the front desk for checkout. They never let you have hands on the cards, esp expensive ones. 

Anyone wanna hang out at Tustin in the morning?
  • I really hope you guys have EVGA  3090's on the 24th.    I want the FTW3 or XCB.    
  • Any updates on the Q&A? Or even an update on the possible system being used? There's a little under 5 days before the 17th and I'm getting worried that this isn't gonna be as organized as we expected. 
  • Are there any restrictions/advice on how early to wait outside the store for a 3080 on the 17th? I am down to get there early, but if people are going to camp out from midnight I don’t know if that will be worth it or even reasonable... Thanks for checking on all these comments and questions :)
  • I really am looking forward to knowing how they will handle this launch. I wanna line up at like 7am but if people go at 12am I feel I won’t stand a chance.
  • @CragBran I’m in the same boat. As I have a full time job, I don’t think I can reasonably compete with those who are able to camp out the night before. I am down for like 7am, maybe even a little earlier... but if MC’s stock is limited to 20-50 cards and people start lining up the night before, I feel like I would waste time standing in like for 3 hours waiting to get a voucher. 
  • @Felicity might as well, right? i live about 60 miles away (~1 hr)
    haven't decided yet on when I'm going to get there
  • rem1x said:
    @Felicity might as well, right? i live about 60 miles away (~1 hr)
    About an hour away as well (from two locations).
    Its going to be tough cause no matter when they hand out vouchers, there will be a line of people waiting regardless. But I'm also keeping in perspective that is not the Nintendo Switch or some mass-audience console release, this is a relatively pricey GPU release that only maybe 1% of PC gamers will even be looking at getting this year. If you look at the Steam breakdown of GPU's used by their audience, its a very small % that are even use the 10-series and up. So yeah, we might have a few people arriving in the early EARLY A.M. but I'm guessing getting there a few hours early should be good enough. A lot of people are going to be trying their luck online too, keep in mind, to avoid any issues w/ Covid which honestly I think being outside w/ a mask, anyone arriving early should have nothing to worry about but thats my opinion. 

So all things considered, I'm gonna try to get there around 6 A.M. to be safe
  • cucuchu said:
    rem1x said:
    About an hour away as well (from two locations).
    Its going to be tough cause no matter when they hand out vouchers, there will be a line of people waiting regardless. But I'm also keeping in perspective that is not the Nintendo Switch or some mass-audience console release, this is a relatively pricey GPU release that only maybe 1% of PC gamers will even be looking at getting this year. If you look at the Steam breakdown of GPU's used by their audience, its a very small % that are even use the 10-series and up. So yeah, we might have a few people arriving in the early EARLY A.M. but I'm guessing getting there a few hours early should be good enough. A lot of people are going to be trying their luck online too, keep in mind, to avoid any issues w/ Covid which honestly I think being outside w/ a mask, anyone arriving early should have nothing to worry about but thats my opinion. 

So all things considered, I'm gonna try to get there around 6 A.M. to be safe

how does the vouchers work? last time ig ot a card in microcenter was 1070 release day and it was just in and out no lines.
  • hoping I can get a Gigabyte 3080 gaming or Asus Tuf still not sure which one to go with atm.
  • @cucuchu
    Yeah you're right about it not being as popular as let's say a new gaming system such as the new Xbox or PS. I feel like those would cater to most people compared to a graphics card as well as more hype within the general population
  • Both amazon and best buy sku's for 3090 series are live, any idea when we will start seeing microcenter getting them? Any reason we should fear that the fe edition is an exclusive to bb or others?
  • Blorgrim said:
    Both amazon and best buy sku's for 3090 series are live, any idea when we will start seeing microcenter getting them? Any reason we should fear that the fe edition is an exclusive to bb or others?
    they already said they will not have FE cards only AIB's
  • The digital foundry piece on YouTube was obviously a paid spot. Like an Infomercial. A bunch of percentages. Cherry picking RTX on, RTX off. No fps. Good for them they got paid but not an unbiased review in any sense of the word.
    Thats because there is an embargo they cant show FPS yet and there are alot of restrictions thats why no youtuber can show the card in the system they are not even allowed to have it installed on stream.
  • Honestly planning on camping out Wednesday morning/ scoping out the area on Tuesday. Gonna try and grab a 3080 and 3090 (Will be doing this twice lol)

• Junkie said:
    Honestly planning on camping out Wednesday morning/ scoping out the area on Tuesday. Gonna try and grab a 3080 and 3090 (Will be doing this twice lol)

*Wednesday* morning? 
  • Junkie said:
    Honestly planning on camping out Wednesday morning/ scoping out the area on Tuesday. Gonna try and grab a 3080 and 3090 (Will be doing this twice lol)

*Wednesday* morning? 
    yeah, 3080 releases on the 17th, gonna camp out Wednesday morning/ Tuesday evening depending on what it'll look like. (gonna do the same on the 23rd for the 3090
  • Junkie said:
    Junkie said:

*Wednesday* morning? 
    yeah, 3080 releases on the 17th, gonna camp out Wednesday morning/ Tuesday evening depending on what it'll look like. (gonna do the same on the 23rd for the 3090
    just to save you some pain the 17th is on Thursday.
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    Best Buy shows them as $750 for the other models. Does anyone think the old fan designs will really be worth $50 more, or that the firmware will be? Any preferences on these companies? I've always bought EVGA because they've had the best price-reduction-for-not-getting-LEDs and I hate LEDs. I don't absolutely mind paying- what will it be like- $810 total with tax if MC similarly prices them? But only if I'm not paying strictly for LEDs. 

I'm half an hour away in good traffic. But my car doesn't have air conditioning. So if I go, it will be probably to hang out outside or go somewhere once we figure out wtf is going to be happening. It's not even a huge trip for me so even if it's a waste of time I can still go in and maybe buy some random stuff cuz microcenter kills my wallet regardless
    I'd rather not sit around for 3 hours tho, I just can't gauge the true sensationalism of everyone not posting
    rem1x said:
  • rem1x said:
    Did I just accidentally delete my own post?
    I think I did.
    Either way I'm about half an hour away, so this isn't a big trip for me even if it's a waste, and I'm a college student, so I just sit here and read academic papers anyway, doesn't really change my schedule at all

Best Buy shows them as $750 for the other models. Does anyone think the old fan designs will really be worth $50 more, or that the firmware will be? Any preferences on these companies? I've always bought EVGA because they've had the best price-reduction-for-not-getting-LEDs and I hate LEDs. I don't absolutely mind paying- what will it be like- $810 total with tax if MC similarly prices them? But only if I'm not paying strictly for LEDs. But since I have liquid cooling and GN has supposed that perhaps it won't be so good for liquid coolers (the new design), maybe it's better off buying a non-FE... or I could just go look up historical reception of FE models and compare and contrast with early EVGA/whoever ones idk I hate every company now
  • Man we are just a few days away I hope I can secure a card on Thursday. Best of luck to everyone in here.
  • I'm arriving at my MC an hour and a half to an hour early. I'm going in Tuesday to buy the remaining parts to my pc that I'm building around the card. While I'm there I'm going to ask an associate if a lot of people have been asking about the cards.

• Are there people on this forum that are planning on camping out at the Dallas location? If so, how much before? Asking for a friend... 
  • Are there people on this forum that are planning on camping out at the Dallas location? If so, how much before? Asking for a friend... 
    I'm not local to Dallas but if its anything like Tustin, I would go on Wednesday morning/ Tuesday evening to see if anyone has set-up tents. If so, start setting up yourself. (I'm personally setting up on Wednesday and will camp overnight till Thursday)
  • Just wanted to ask when we will get information on what GPU's and Prices you will have all the other Stores have already listed there why is it taking so long for microcenter. also, When will we know about the Voucher system mention I don't want to end up not getting a GPU just because of a miss communication.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99