RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Junkie said:
    Are there people on this forum that are planning on camping out at the Dallas location? If so, how much before? Asking for a friend... 
    I'm not local to Dallas but if its anything like Tustin, I would go on Wednesday morning/ Tuesday evening to see if anyone has set-up tents. If so, start setting up yourself. (I'm personally setting up on Wednesday and will camp overnight till Thursday)
    lol dude...Dallas isn't freaking Orange County, CA.  Sounds like you may as well go setup your tent now.

Are there people on this forum that are planning on camping out at the Dallas location? If so, how much before? Asking for a friend... 
    I'm going to show up at 7am.
  • Doubt I will camp overnight, but do anticipate arriving at the Dallas location around 7am. I really just want to see what MC says about it all before committing to anything. Now if it seems camping would gain the best possibility of getting a card, I would not be against that. It definitely is not the ideal option though.

• Anyone camping out, two things, I hope you don't have to take a sh** and have to leave to go do it, and the other thing is your freaking crazy, never camped out and got the latest two releases, 1080ti and 2080ti just going day of couple hours earlier.  If you camp out, remember you need a friend and your crazy cause nothing is worth waiting overnight even with a tent. Please don't bring cash and wait either in your car or tent either there are those who like to prey on people like this. 
  • CobraKai said:
    Anyone camping out, two things, I hope you don't have to take a sh** and have to leave to go do it, and the other thing is your freaking crazy, never camped out and got the latest two releases, 1080ti and 2080ti just going day of couple hours earlier.  If you camp out, remember you need a friend and your crazy cause nothing is worth waiting overnight even with a tent. Please don't bring cash and wait either in your car or tent either there are those who like to prey on people like this. 
    If someone is willing to do it, more power to them. But this isn't some Black Friday craze, its a relatively expensive GPU release for a relatively niche hobby. I don't think there will be many camping out and even if a couple of people are camped out when you get there at 7am or whatever, you are still most likely getting a card. Unless the stock is 2-3 per store or something else crazy low, I don't see the need for camping.
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    CobraKai said:
    Anyone camping out, two things, I hope you don't have to take a sh** and have to leave to go do it, and the other thing is your freaking crazy, never camped out and got the latest two releases, 1080ti and 2080ti just going day of couple hours earlier.  If you camp out, remember you need a friend and your crazy cause nothing is worth waiting overnight even with a tent. Please don't bring cash and wait either in your car or tent either there are those who like to prey on people like this. 
    bruh it's like a vacation!! i could probably really use a little break from my stupid sitting in one spot reading papers about rhetorical theory and goiong fuicdsko'av  insaniewr

I've slept in my car plenty during bad times, you just can't let it look obvious :l 

As for the first concern, I am very proud to say that with somewhere around 500 sortie hours of 6-14 hour missions over Afghanistan I only had to take a single shit! The trick is to not eat fast food/shitty food beforehand, or any fiber. :blush:

edit: but i only live half an hour away so  dont really see any reason to, even if i got there at 5am for some dum reason
  • Anyone planning to camp outside the PA store for 3090?
  • Adalewyr said:
    Doubt I will camp overnight, but do anticipate arriving at the Dallas location around 7am. I really just want to see what MC says about it all before committing to anything. Now if it seems camping would gain the best possibility of getting a card, I would not be against that. It definitely is not the ideal option though.

I was at the MC in Yonkers, NY yesterday. One associate had no idea and the other said there was a lot of interest but couldn’t tell me how early I should get there. I plan on getting there around 8am and hoping for the best. 
  • @Felicity
    Man you must never drink Army coffee then, or any coffee at all, lol.
    In the past two releases 1080ti and 2080ti (2080ti had to wait till noon to get card) I got to the store early, won't say time, but never had to worry, I was always first to get one, but with both they only released the Nvidia FE cards, then later the AIB cards. The AIB never came in a specified time you just had to ask when they would get there. Also, the other issue is that they may have limited stock on each AIB card since they are not getting any of the FE cards. I would be there around 7am and you will be fine.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    CobraKai said:
    @Felicity
    In the past two releases 1080ti and 2080ti (2080ti had to wait till noon to get card) I got to the store early, won't say time, but never had to worry, I was always first to get one, but with both they only released the Nvidia FE cards, then later the AIB cards. The AIB never came in a specified time you just had to ask when they would get there. Also, the other issue is that they may have limited stock on each AIB card since they are not getting any of the FE cards. I would be there around 7am and you will be fine.
    We expect stock to be fairly limited in general. We don't know any numbers yet but don't expect shelves lined with every model. Availability will be tight to start off with. 
  • CobraKai said:
    @Felicity
    Hell no (I was air force so we had rip-its... now a myth)! Actually, at work after I separated, I would drink coffee doing clerical work, which makes me understand that comment 100%. I go more for like, adrenaline shocs now.. 
    Just wondering what to do in the meantime. I'll bring my 3ds or something I spose. I don't like spending money on phones since they are anxiety machines so my phone isn't very 

7am sounds good. Maybe a little early for me so I'll probably end up being 8am. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    We expect stock to be fairly limited in general. We don't know any numbers yet but don't expect shelves lined with every model. Availability will be tight to start off with. 
    I expect no EXPECTATIONS

Is the TS for Tustin? Do you wanna hang out? I can bring board games
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felicity said:
    TSTonyV said:
    I expect no EXPECTATIONS

I, and most  of the other forum reps, are based out of our corporate office which is in Ohio, but I appreciate the offer! I won't be at my local store on launch day though, I want to wait and see how everything shakes out with reviews as well as AMD's upcoming cards.
  • @TSTonyV Any info on Madison Heights microcenter?
  • Felicity said:
    TSTonyV said:
    I expect no EXPECTATIONS

Yeah dude, bring some board games, I'm bring 2x Yeti 500X units as well so we will have power lol
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    CragBran said:
    @TSTonyV Any info on Madison Heights microcenter?
    If you mean anything stock specific, we don't have that information yet. I expect we won't know full stock until the day of. 
  • Since the FE Cards won’t be available, what are the prices looking like? I was expecting to spend $700+ tax and get to my Denver MicroCenter early, even possibly camp in my car as I live 3hrs away one way into the mountains.

thanks for any info
  • I would not expect any prices or any stock questions to be answered.  It's a PR and logistics thing.  If you specify X store has Y card at Z price, somebody else may see that and only pay attention to Y, and Z.  Then complain about availability.  They also don't want to commit to any one stance just in case something else happens.  I suspect that the majority of stock has been received, but saying that Y card is in stock may be out of stock within the first 30 minutes of the store opening.  Again they would want to avoid telling people something that may not be true when the person has the capacity to take action on it.

That being said, I don't exactly agree that brands, and makes are completely dark until the day of.  This in itself is bad PR; from the looks of this thread it looks like a lot of people are indeed going to be there before the doors open.  To find out that the make and model isn't even part of the possibilities of available stock means people are going to be waiting possibly for hours to ultimately be let down even if they are first in line.  This issue is exacerbated by online retailers that will likely be out of stock of high target cards by the time the store opens and we know what is in stock.
  • Lyric
    Lyric
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    I would not expect any prices or any stock questions to be answered.  It's a PR and logistics thing.  If you specify X store has Y card at Z price, somebody else may see that and only pay attention to Y, and Z.  Then complain about availability.  They also don't want to commit to any one stance just in case something else happens.  I suspect that the majority of stock has been received, but saying that Y card is in stock may be out of stock within the first 30 minutes of the store opening.  Again they would want to avoid telling people something that may not be true when the person has the capacity to take action on it.

That being said, I don't exactly agree that brands, and makes are completely dark until the day of.  This in itself is bad PR; from the looks of this thread it looks like a lot of people are indeed going to be there before the doors open.  To find out that the make and model isn't even part of the possibilities of available stock means people are going to be waiting possibly for hours to ultimately be let down even if they are first in line.  This issue is exacerbated by online retailers that will likely be out of stock of high target cards by the time the store opens and we know what is in stock.
    I kind of figured they wouldn't answer that. I looked online and there have been already benchmark leaks, thermal test leaks and all sorts of info. Looks like the 3080 is 25% faster than the 2080 ti. Also going to be a good mining card too at a predicted 105MH rate. Gonna be a good buy.

The highest aftermarket card I've seen (3080 AIB) is around $795 per the leaks I found.

I'll be probably camping in my car in the lot. :)
  • anyone going to be at the PA store for the 3080? Im deciding if i want to go with a 3rd party or wait at best buy because they get the FE cards.
  • anyone going to be at the PA store for the 3080? Im deciding if i want to go with a 3rd party or wait at best buy because they get the FE cards.
    I'm going there for 3090

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    So I've recently seen some reports that the high-end models of the cards are going to be released later by the manufacturers (ASUS ROG Strix, EVGA FTW3, etc...) and it's the base models that will be available early. Apparently the higher end models have higher power limits for better boosting/overclocking capabilities as well. 

I was hoping we'd see some of those early on, but if that rumor is true then at this point I have absolutely no guesses as to what models we'll actually have. 

Lyric said:
    Since the FE Cards won’t be available, what are the prices looking like? I was expecting to spend $700+ tax and get to my Denver MicroCenter early, even possibly camp in my car as I live 3hrs away one way into the mountains.

thanks for any info
    From information I've seen online it looks like pricing on AIB models is fairly close to MSRP. $730-750, maybe up to $800 for the 3080s depending on specific model, but we don't know exactly yet. 
  • racer said:
    anyone going to be at the PA store for the 3080? Im deciding if i want to go with a 3rd party or wait at best buy because they get the FE cards.
    I'm going there for 3090

Did they say anything about how they were handling it? I doubt you will have to worry much since I doubt there will be a line for a $1500 card lol
  • TSTonyV said:
    So I've recently seen some reports that the high-end models of the cards are going to be released later by the manufacturers (ASUS ROG Strix, EVGA FTW3, etc...) and it's the base models that will be available early. Apparently the higher end models have higher power limits for better boosting/overclocking capabilities as well. 

I was hoping we'd see some of those early on, but if that rumor is true then at this point I have absolutely no guesses as to what models we'll actually have. 
    I just wanna be able to have the best chance at getting a card, without having to setup camp overnight!  :D although the high-end models would be nice, I understand them waiting for the release of those.

• TSTonyV said:

Lyric said:
    Since the FE Cards won’t be available, what are the prices looking like? I was expecting to spend $700+ tax and get to my Denver MicroCenter early, even possibly camp in my car as I live 3hrs away one way into the mountains.

thanks for any info
    From information I've seen online it looks like pricing on AIB models is fairly close to MSRP. $730-750, maybe up to $800 for the 3080s depending on specific model, but we don't know exactly yet. 

Honestly, and I know you're the Microcenter dude, I feel like there probably will be some higher-end models there. Call me optimistic, but most AIB partners seem pretty confident that most of the offerings will be available day one. Unless you are giving a big huge WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE to all of us ;)

I was really hoping for a FTW3 card, but at this point knowing stock will be crazy, I will settle for almost anything that isn't going to massively bulky.
  • shinfo44 said:

TSTonyV said:

Lyric said:

thanks for any info

Honestly, and I know you're the Microcenter dude, I feel like there probably will be some higher-end models there. Call me optimistic, but most AIB partners seem pretty confident that most of the offerings will be available day one. Unless you are giving a big huge WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE to all of us ;)

I was really hoping for a FTW3 card, but at this point knowing stock will be crazy, I will settle for almost anything that isn't going to massively bulky.

Its hard to say with all the rumors floating around. Kind of maddening considering we are just a couple of days away from release. Hopefully we know something by tomorrow though. I'll be happy w/ pretty much any 3080.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    shinfo44 said:

TSTonyV said:

Lyric said:

thanks for any info

No winking or nudging. I HOPE we see nice variety, but at this point I feel like everything's up in the air. 
  • CobraKai said:

For the 1080ti I was 18th in line, I showed up a little before 8:00 AM, by the time the store opened there where about 100 people in line. They received 16 cards and I left empty handed. Luckly another store had one and my day ended up working out anyway, but yeah, good luck to every one.
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    I don't really mind the base models because I don't really do competitive overclocking, but I know how to well enough that I can get much nicer performance than all these weird streamers with 2080tis and i9 9900ks on default settings getting under 100fps in cod...

properly tweaked windows and other parts makes a big difference vs raw dog power unless I had the cpu to match to have both at the same time(if i did i would be buying a 3090 anyway likely since i would have more than barely enough) 

I had an evga 1070 sc gaming black acx... (well its next to me so have i guess) ... then i got an evga 2070 super black.. if they have an evga rtx 3080 gaming black i guess ill just get that i spose
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    If the Stimulus 2nd round was paid out then I would expect a lot of people upgrading, but since the user base of the 2000 series cards are less than 11% on Steam I think I'll be good at the time I show up. If people want to camp out all night go for it, but hope you have a friend because the moment you step out of line to go piss or take a dump don't expect that position to be there when u get back especially in the morning when people show up. Not trying to be mean, but if I see no one in line because that person left and then comes back to say they are in front of me, unless they have someone there to vouch or a friend holding their position they are now behind me cause how would I know when you showed up.  Also, I have waited several times at Microcenter for latest two releases of graphics cards and never camped out overnight. Granted I did show up before opening, but I ain't saying what time I show up.

• CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Accursed - all I am saying is 8:00am may be a little too late to show up, but remember store doesn't open until 10:00am. Last release Microcenter gave out slips to come back at Noon when the NDA was up so they could sell the cards which they only got 5 FE cards that day for the 2080ti. This time it is different the 3000 series cards are more abundant thanks to the way they are made and they are releasing the AIB on the same day. Granted they won't get a huge amount probably so still best to show up a little early, but remember the 3080 is around $900 - $1000 with tax almost so it is not cheap either.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99