NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• Hey John, in all fairness to Microcenter, it seems info is lacking everywhere in regards to this launch. 
    TSTonyV said:
    I understand your concerns, we just don't have a lot of information to give. Believe me, all of us would love to be able to tell everybody as many exact details as possible, but we don't have that available to us. I know it doesn't feel great on your guys' end but we're doing the best we can with what we have
    Yes, I know how retail could be during these times. Due to my probably 20-25 pleasant shopping trips to the Tustin shop over the past 12 years I feel a bit let down as I always expect nothing less than a great experience. I think I really just wanted to go and physically get a gpu in a store like I always have, and Microcenter was always my go to B&M store. I’ll be back there for some new motherboards in a few weeks. Maybe I’ll get lucky when I’m there.
  • Got word that the Microcenter in Marietta GA apparently had some sort of shipping problem with UPS and they won't be getting any. Seems kind of crazy no one at this company seems to have any idea what is going on with a product they are trying to sell.
  • Reldey said:
    Got word that the Microcenter in Marietta GA apparently had some sort of shipping problem with UPS and they won't be getting any. Seems kind of crazy no one at this company seems to have any idea what is going on with a product they are trying to sell.
    How confident are you? Is this a rumor or is it pretty much confirmed the Marietta Micro Center won't have any at launch? 
  • OMG stop with the misinformation.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Anybody who hasn't checked the FAQ, we updated it:
    Q.) How many will you have in stock?
    A.) We are expecting a very limited quantity of RTX 3080 cards for the launch on Thursday 17th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store.  We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

Q.) How many vouchers will be handed out?
    A.) Stores will be handing out vouchers for the cards in stock at that location

Hopefully this is a little helpful. There's nothing I can say in regards to "what time they're handing them out" or anything like that because that's going to depend on your specific store location

• SO Since they said theirs less then 20 per store or they meaning 20 Total or 20 each card?? 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO Since they said theirs less then 20 per store or they meaning 20 Total or 20 each card?? 
    In total. 
  • bbnn said:
    TSTonyV said:
    Did we ever get an answer will the store carry the new cards on launch I would like to know please! 
    We will have the AIB cards from manufacturers like EVGA, ASUS, MSI, etc... on launch day, but we will NOT carry Founders Edition cards.

will microcenter carry the Top tier models for AIBs? personally looking for evga's ftw ultra. contacted our local MC and they've informed me they have no idea what model they will have on stock tomorrow. which is kinda weird...
    I don't know what models we'll have, but I've definitely read things online suggesting that the top-end models will be delayed a bit, which would be unfortunate. 

i checked evga forums, confirmed. now i dont know if you have info on this but lets say the ftw3s are released by evga on Saturday on their website, that doesnt mean MC will also have stock on Saturday right?
  • 263 McLean Blvd. Route 20 Retail Center Paterson, NJ 07504
    In this store will there be AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 MASTER 10G to buy in the store this 17th?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbnn said:
    bbnn said:
    TSTonyV said:
    Did we ever get an answer will the store carry the new cards on launch I would like to know please! 
    We will have the AIB cards from manufacturers like EVGA, ASUS, MSI, etc... on launch day, but we will NOT carry Founders Edition cards.

will microcenter carry the Top tier models for AIBs? personally looking for evga's ftw ultra. contacted our local MC and they've informed me they have no idea what model they will have on stock tomorrow. which is kinda weird...
    I don't know what models we'll have, but I've definitely read things online suggesting that the top-end models will be delayed a bit, which would be unfortunate. 

i checked evga forums, confirmed. now i dont know if you have info on this but lets say the ftw3s are released by evga on Saturday on their website, that doesnt mean MC will also have stock on Saturday right?
    Honestly I have no idea. It entirely depends on when we receive shipments from EVGA for them. I would keep an eye on the website but temper expectations. 
  • Reldey said:
    Got word that the Microcenter in Marietta GA apparently had some sort of shipping problem with UPS and they won't be getting any. Seems kind of crazy no one at this company seems to have any idea what is going on with a product they are trying to sell.
    l also got this information from them and can confirm. Do you know if the duluth location will have any?
  • Any news on the voucher system and how it's going to work at sharonville oh store?
  • Guys, remember, only the 3080 is available starting tomorrow.  Next week is 3090(bless everyone's wallet) and next month is 3070. 
  • 10 in stock at sharonville oh, already 6 of us camping out
  • 10 in stock at sharonville oh, already 6 of us camping out
    Correction, now 8
  • First 10 in store for 3080 will get voucher.. they only have 10 evga stock in microcenter
  • St. Davids has 11 cards FYI.  I'm 2nd in line and seeing around 13 people, they don't know if there will be more stock in the morning so it's a big gamble if you're leaving at this point.
  • Not trolling just trying to help ppl out. 
  • Anyone got a update on a the stock at the CA Tustin store, I called and got 0 info on anything
  • First 10 in store for 3080 will get voucher.. they only have 10 evga stock in microcenter
    Just popping on here from Cincy, I was hoping to be able to get one tomorrow, but camping out isn't an option for me!!
    so 10 total 3080s are gonna be available in Sharonville tomorrow, or just 10 eVGA ones?
    Gonna have to ride this 1070ti for a little while longer :(
  • TSTonyV said:
    bbnn said:
    bbnn said:
    TSTonyV said:

Honestly I have no idea. It entirely depends on when we receive shipments from EVGA for them. I would keep an eye on the website but temper expectations. 

will this page be updated for release of the higher end AIBs? or better to watch website?
  • ToastBoy said:
    First 10 in store for 3080 will get voucher.. they only have 10 evga stock in microcenter
    Just popping on here from Cincy, I was hoping to be able to get one tomorrow, but camping out isn't an option for me!!
    so 10 total 3080s are gonna be available in Sharonville tomorrow, or just 10 eVGA ones?
    10 total, all evga's, not even the oc'd ones I hear
  • 12 of us here at sharonville store now
  • Brad_Isnard
    Brad_Isnard ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    JohnH said:
    Hey John, in all fairness to Microcenter, it seems info is lacking everywhere in regards to this launch. 
    TSTonyV said:
    I understand your concerns, we just don't have a lot of information to give. Believe me, all of us would love to be able to tell everybody as many exact details as possible, but we don't have that available to us. I know it doesn't feel great on your guys' end but we're doing the best we can with what we have
    Yes, I know how retail could be during these times. Due to my probably 20-25 pleasant shopping trips to the Tustin shop over the past 12 years I feel a bit let down as I always expect nothing less than a great experience. I think I really just wanted to go and physically get a gpu in a store like I always have, and Microcenter was always my go to B&M store. I’ll be back there for some new motherboards in a few weeks. Maybe I’ll get lucky when I’m there.
    Let's not go full-on Karen on them. Your previous trips (spending brag) mean nothing. We all shop there, and frankly, we are all above-average income earners, or we wouldn't be interested in these products. There's no disappointment about this. It's a first come first served new launch. If you show up a couple months from now, they'll probably be sitting on the shelf.
  • Well it's official at sharonville, their are 10 cards, and they will give out vouchers to the first 10 in the morning.. BUT.. they will also be giving out 5 vouchers for the 5 cards that MAY be coming in the afternoon to evening
  • 2ndinline said:
    St. Davids has 11 cards FYI.  I'm 2nd in line and seeing around 13 people, they don't know if there will be more stock in the morning so it's a big gamble if you're leaving at this point.

If the only have 11 in stock... Why WOULD they have more in the morning? did someone say there's another truck coming or something? I planned to get there at like 5 am but that seems out the window now.  Please any info you have would help. 
  • anybody at the flushing store in queens, NY?
  • The manager said that they don't know when more stock is coming in, but it's always a possibility.  Personally I don't think they'd be getting more in tomorrow morning, that makes no sense.  Only repeating what I was told. Also, more people have shown up since, so the line has grown a little longer.
  • ToastBoy said:
    First 10 in store for 3080 will get voucher.. they only have 10 evga stock in microcenter
    10 total, all evga's, not even the oc'd ones I hear

its the oc'd ones the XC3 line but not the ftw line watch this vid of moore's law is dead title "nVidia's ultimate play" its inline with how the AIBs are handling their top tier line
  • Anyone waiting in line at Dallas right now, if so, how many?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99