RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• Sawyers02 said:
    I’m 18th Houston so anyone after me and myself good luck.
    damn, y'all can have it then lol
  • Patches
    Options
    Patches said:
    6 of us here at Tustin
    You guys are aware that the FTW3 has been delayed as well as the founder edition not being there. You guys are ok with settling for the worst cards available? There’s only going to be 20. I was going to show up at 6 am but not worth it for the cheap Msi and gigabyte cards
    Get water block and it don't matter
    A water block for $200 + an $800 GPU 😂😂 Might as well get a 3090 for that money 
    So a 3090 + a 200$ water block then?
    It’s all about performance my man not about cooling. You can’t slap water on everything and expect it to make it so much better.
    I mean, if you already have a custom loop it doesn't matter. Cooling = performance though
  • joejccva71
    Options
    anyone here at Cambridge Massachusetts?
    13 people here at Cambridge right now.
  • Just drove by the Marietta, GA location and there's 12-15 people there as of about an hour ago. Hope you guys brought diapers! I'm too old for this shit. I'll take my chances online with the quick add-to-cart strategy ;)
  • Sawyers02 said:
    damn, y'all can have it then lol
    Yelp, I’ll just go for online and if that fails I’ll go for the 3090. Doubt as many people can afford that one. I don’t need it, but might as well just get it. I wanted the ASUS ROG STRIX anyway and sounds like MC won’t have it tomorrow anyway so the news of that ridiculous camped out line saved me a trip after I get off work lol
  • Patches
    Options
    Anyone have any info on Mayfield heights? 
  • Duff2087
    Options
    Patches said:
    Yeah I'm curious as well to get an idea of how next week will go. May just head there straight from work next Wednesday and get off a bit early.
  • Juliann6
    Options
    Lilroyrmx said:
    Anyone at the westbury long island location yet? 
    im going to the flushing location, have you heard from anyone going to the westbury? What time are you planning to go?

• Patches
    Options
    Duff2087 said:
    Patches said:
    Yeah I'm curious as well to get an idea of how next week will go. May just head there straight from work next Wednesday and get off a bit early.
    I'm probably going to head up around midnight and hope I'm not too late. From the sounds of other places I won't have a chance. Just hoping my store isn't as popular. I would like a 3080
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    dang, line start behind white fence?

• Duff2087
    Options
    Patches said:
    Duff2087 said:
    Patches said:
    I'm probably going to head up around midnight and hope I'm not too late. From the sounds of other places I won't have a chance. Just hoping my store isn't as popular. I would like a 3080

I don't THINK Mayfield will be as bad as a location such as Columbus but I'm not taking a chance; will get there as early as I can on Wednesday of next week.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    6 of us here at Tustin
    You guys are aware that the FTW3 has been delayed as well as the founder edition not being there. You guys are ok with settling for the worst cards available? There’s only going to be 20. I was going to show up at 6 am but not worth it for the cheap Msi and gigabyte cards
    It might actually matter. I've read some stuff online that suggests the lower-end models could have lower power limits than the higher end, and if it's limited in VBIOS then removing those limits could be complicated. 

Who knows though. I'm hoping when review embargo drops tomorrow on the AIB cards we'll have some more information about this. 
  • clementk said:
    Already have 17 in line houston

well so much for leaving at 0400-0500. I was going to drive in from Spring, but meh...
  • Juliann6 said:
    Lilroyrmx said:
    Anyone at the westbury long island location yet? 
    im going to the flushing location, have you heard from anyone going to the westbury? What time are you planning to go?

I tryed calling westbury but no answer. I honestly was planning on going around 6-7am. Im only about 20mins away from westbury.
  • ChrisAJSon
    Options
    Anyone update in Brentwood Missouri?
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    6 of us here at Tustin
    It might actually matter. I've read some stuff online that suggests the lower-end models could have lower power limits than the higher end, and if it's limited in VBIOS then removing those limits could be complicated. 

Who knows though. I'm hoping when review embargo drops tomorrow on the AIB cards we'll have some more information about this. 
    your right, in theory, the high end ones that have three 8 pin connectors on them can draw 450 watt lol! That's a hard power limit right there if your card has only two 8 pin connectors, 300 watt limit. Than I've heard sometimes they limit it further via hardware with some resistors or soemthing. Might also be software lock i don't even know how you remove.
  • joejccva71
    Options

Its inside white fence starting at front door and going down sidewalk inside the fence.
  • Sawyers02 said:
    Post a picture of the Houston line
  • flocka
    Options
    Fairfax, VA has 11 cards and there are 11 people there waiting already. 
    They are not handing out vouchers until the morning (we were hoping since 11 people showed up already for the night they'd just give them out at closing, but they didn't).
  • elcid_777
    Options
    ...smh. the way this entire launch has been handled by nvidia and retailers is extremely shoddy, confusing and irresponsible. and to these people already outside the stores...you guys are freaking nuts and ridiculous as well. Not even the great covid PLANdemic scares away these people. what if this were a genuine pandemic? you'd be risking yourself and those around you for a $800+ gpu. anyway, ive decided to not give micro center my business or money simply based on the way they've handled this and how they havent put any deterrents to those trying to camp outside their parking lots even when a supposed global pandemic is going on. this is already a massive sh1t show and tomorrow will be even worse. 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options

Its inside white fence starting at front door and going down sidewalk inside the fence.
    hey thanks, so the blue x or red x

• Just got here at the Rockville store, lookin' pretty packed and jacked. There's about 15 of us so far and someone's saying that's already over stock.
  • qwertytheasdf
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'll stop by the Houston one around midnight to verify the line and post pics. Also would be a relaxing night drive as well.
  • Shibumi said:
    Anyone going to the bridgeton Missouri store?
    I was thinking about it at 6:30am. Anyone in line yet?

• Digitalhen
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    ...smh. the way this entire launch has been handled by nvidia and retailers is extremely shoddy, confusing and irresponsible. and to these people already outside the stores...you guys are freaking nuts and ridiculous as well. Not even the great covid PLANdemic scares away these people. what if this were a genuine pandemic? you'd be risking yourself and those around you for a $800+ gpu. anyway, ive decided to not give micro center my business or money simply based on the way they've handled this and how they havent put any deterrents to those trying to camp outside their parking lots even when a supposed global pandemic is going on. this is already a massive sh1t show and tomorrow will be even worse. 
    ... are you saying this isn’t a genuine pandemic?
  • I'll stop by the Houston one around midnight to verify the line and post pics. Also would be a relaxing night drive as well.
    Awesome 
  • I took off tomorrow and was planning on arriving at 6 AM at St. Davids. Looks like the try hard's beat my on this one. Hope online ordering works out. 
  • Protahn5
    Options
    anyone know anything about Madison heights, mi?
  • Mikestra
    Options
    Just left the Columbus store with my voucher. They received 12 cards and handed vouchers out as the store was closing.
  • can anyone verify HTX line??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99