RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• CragBran
    Options
    cucuchu said:
    On the other thread, someone was notified that the Marietta, GA store won't be getting any 3080's in for tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that, I know some of us will be checking in with other stores in the next few hours.

So many people are spreading misinformation now trust no one
  • cucuchu
    Options
    CragBran said:
    cucuchu said:
    On the other thread, someone was notified that the Marietta, GA store won't be getting any 3080's in for tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that, I know some of us will be checking in with other stores in the next few hours.

So many people are spreading misinformation now trust no one
    True, we have crossed into that territory now...every man, woman and child for themselves lol. Look what you devolved us into NVIDIA...
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @TSTonyV
    Can you please confirm which AIB MC will have? I don't want to wait outside for hours on end only to find out that MC doesn't have the AIB card I want. I don't care if it high end or low end. Low end would even be preferred because I'm not going to use the cooler that comes with the card anyways, I'll replace it with a much more powerful WB and thick radiator. I just want a card that has a WB. See EKWB website for a list of compatible WB for 3080/3090. Will MC have any of these? Can you please let me know.

3080/3090 copper WB compatibility list
    https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832189

3080/3090  WB compatibility list
    https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109829967

"EK water blocks for the Strix and TUF Series graphics cards will follow in a matter of days, while the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards."

EKWB has confirmed that FE (which MC will not have) will have a WB. Apparently Strix and TUF series cards will also get WBs in the coming days.

Please and thanks!

Don't make me wait in line for 20 hours only to find out I can't get a card at your store that I can't put a WB on!
    PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!!
  • qwertytheasdf
    edited September 2020
    Options
    clementk said:
    Duff2087 said:
    clementk said:
    Just wanted to let the people know I was just at MC in Houston and they just said to wait in line and when they open they will tell the people how many they have and let the people in that they have stock for. They don't know the stock amount yet. 
    They're lining you up already? Yikes, that's quite the wait.
    He just said to line up tomorrow moring or when ever people start lining up
    I'm planning to go to the Houston one, but not going to be camping out overnight. Risk of rain, mosquitoes, and IIRC there's no nearby gas stations for us to relieve ourselves. Not sure when that Chick-Fil-A opens though (maybe 6am?) Weather forecast says there's some rain coming in tomorrow so might be handy to have an umbrella as well.
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @TSTonyV 
    Can you please confirm at this time which AIB cards for 3080/3090 will MC have? I don't care if it's high end or low end. Low end would actually be preferred because I'm not going to use the cooler that comes with it anyways. I would like to get a card from MC that I can put a WB on. 

To see the EKWB compatibility list look here. Will MC have any of these?

And to anyone who didn't get the email Strix and TUF blocks are coming. We already know that MC will not have the FE card:
    "EK water blocks for the Strix and TUF Series graphics cards will follow in a matter of days, while the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards."

Please don't make me wait inline at your store for 20 hours only to find out that I can't get a 3080/3090 that I can put a WB on!

PLEASE I BEG YOU!!! Have mercy on me!!!

I will cry if I wait inline for 20 hours for a 3090 only to find out that I wasted my time, and go home empty ended, despite being the first person in line.
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @TSTonyV
    Can you please confirm which AIB cards MC will have for the 3080 and 3090? I would like to get a card from your store that I can put a WB on. I don't care if it's a high end or low end card. Low end would actually be preferred sense I won't be using the cooler that will be coming with it anyways.

To see  the comparability list for the EKWB look here, will MC have any of these?

For those who dint' get the email "EK water blocks for the Strix and TUF Series graphics cards will follow in a matter of days, while the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards." - Strix and TUF series WBs are coming. We already know MC will not have the FE cards.

Please don't make me wait in line for 12+ hours for a card at MC only to find out I can't get one that I can put a WB on!!!

TSTonyV  from the bottom of my heart!!! Please release this information!!! I will literally cry if I wait outside of MC for 12+ hours for a card, am first person in line, and take the day off from work. Only to go home empty handed because I can't get a card.
  • shinfo44
    Options
    @TSTonyV
    Can you please confirm which AIB cards MC will have for the 3080 and 3090? I would like to get a card from your store that I can put a WB on. I don't care if it's a high end or low end card. Low end would actually be preferred sense I won't be using the cooler that will be coming with it anyways.

To see  the comparability list for the EKWB look here, will MC have any of these?

For those who dint' get the email "EK water blocks for the Strix and TUF Series graphics cards will follow in a matter of days, while the Founders Edition water blocks will take a bit longer since EK is preparing something really special for those graphics cards." - Strix and TUF series WBs are coming. We already know MC will not have the FE cards.

Please don't make me wait in line for 12+ hours for a card at MC only to find out I can't get one that I can put a WB on!!!

TSTonyV  from the bottom of my heart!!! Please release this information!!! I will literally cry if I wait outside of MC for 12+ hours for a card, am first person in line, and take the day off from work. Only to go home empty handed because I can't get a card.

No offense, but you can't expect him to answer this. He has already been more than kind in giving us what information he can. I doubt he knows.

If you feel this strongly about getting a card that you can put a waterblock on, then maybe you should wait until you know you can gather a card you want for sure. Most of us are happy with whatever they got, but if you are going in looking for a specific model, you might end up disappointed.
  • Felicity
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    Why are the Tusitn people so fearful?? Ive seen pictures the previous two major launches when things were still normal and neither looked terribly bad. I do not expect a turn out like that for this release for a number of reasons. It's releasing during covid era. It's a workday, weekday.  It's a $800 gpu after tax. Will there be a line? Absolutely. But it isnt going to be like some are imagining. One thing thats increasing the anxiety is how poorly the retailers are handling updatea and information regarding the aystems theyll have in place. I am not camping out. Not showing up at midnight. There will be no need. 
    if i knew how many they were getting, i could compare it to how many people have stated interest in the thread, then extrapolate that out to the 13 million people within an hour/1.5 hour drive. I would say if you are heading towards irvine from any direction maybe avoid 7-8am driving since the 5 and 405 will be an absolute mess, I'm not gonna bother with midnight but prolly 6-7am if we get news 8-9am if we don't but i'll be checking periodically, I just don't like being unable to bayes' it out
  • cucuchu said:
    How about Deluth?  I was planning on making a 3 and a half hour drive to stand in line there but I'm worried a line may already be formed by the time I get there
  • Felicity
    Options
    cucuchu said:
    How about Deluth?  I was planning on making a 3 and a half hour drive to stand in line there but I'm worried a line may already be formed by the time I get there
    Don't believe random claims without any statement
  • Lyric
    Lyric
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'm heading out tonight to the denver store. I plan on camping in my car then lining up after I see the first person line up. I'm 2 1/2 hours out in the mountains, so I'm not waking up at 2-3am to go and driving to dodge cows, deer and bighorn sheep.
  • How are you guys going to make people wait over night camping out and then price gauge the 3080? Everywhere is online the prices and employees are stating the prices are marked up a evga video card that cost $750 you guys are going to post for $999 what a way to screw over your customers smh 
  • cucuchu
    Options
    Has anyone talked to someone at a store yet to confirm what is being done and if they even know if there will be any in stock?
  • Lyric
    Options
    Freshib23 said:
    How are you guys going to make people wait over night camping out and then price gauge the 3080? Everywhere is online the prices and employees are stating the prices are marked up a evga video card that cost $750 you guys are going to post for $999 what a way to screw over your customers smh 
    If I show up and the 3080 is more than $800 I'm not buying it. Where is your source for this?
  • shinfo44
    Options
    cucuchu said:
    Has anyone talked to someone at a store yet to confirm what is being done and if they even know if there will be any in stock?

The basic consensus is that no one has a clear idea. We are too close to the actual launch, so you're just gonna have to take the gamble. I wouldn't believe anything anyone says at this point (hell, even including myself) without any kind of valid proof. Only man you should trust is Tony.
  • Felicity
    Options
    Freshib23 said:
    How are you guys going to make people wait over night camping out and then price gauge the 3080? Everywhere is online the prices and employees are stating the prices are marked up a evga video card that cost $750 you guys are going to post for $999 what a way to screw over your customers smh 
    what

I mean they did that with ryzen but when someone states a claim i better see a citation and bibliography in MLA6 

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    @TSTonyV

All the information I have is what I've already posted here and in other parts of the forum. I won't know what cards we have until the same time as everybody else. If you ask me, I'd say it's unlikely we'll have any card on that water block list except possibly the Zotac card. I've never seen us carry the other brands on that list. Obviously I could be wrong about that, but I just don't know. I can only speculate about what our stock will be at this point. 

I know everybody wants details but we really don't have the details to provide. I'd be more than happy to give all the specifics but at this point the only information I have to give is what's already been given. I wish I could give more, but I can't. 
  • TheDude
    Options
    Sawyers02 said:
    clementk said:
    who is planning on going to the Houston store?
    Im going to be in Houston to night!
    I’ll be there. Maybe around 4/5am? I’ll be monitoring. Gf lives close by. 
  • Oof, anticipated to be less than 20 per store. FAQ was just updated.
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I must went to the Microcenter store in Overland Park, Kansas, they told me they only have 12 cards, EVGA and MSI currently, no FE cards at all. He also told me they have around 60 or so people interested and a bunch are going to camp out starting at 5pm today and then tomorrow right before they open they will hand out the 12 vouchers or more if they get any more 3080s between when I left around 3pm CST until opening. 
    The issue I see here is that Microcenter won't price match anyone typically unless that store is one of the major online retailers or brick and mortar store and currently at the time of your purchase they have them in stock. 
    Also, Microcenter typically raises the price a bit more than other brick and mortars on release day because they know they can charge that price and people will still buy them. It thus limits those who are going to resell them on eBay for example in my opinion so that they don't make as much money. 
    Lastly I ain't waiting no 17 hours in line for anything that I am spending my money on ever. I will wait until I can walk in and buy one off the shelf, I have a 2080ti and it plays everything I play just fine no issues. This 25% increase over the 2080ti that the 3080 they are stating is not worth it to me to even bother with, I will look at the 3090s once the reviews come in to make up my mind then.
    Good Luck to those who show in the morning, you probably won't get one since there are those who will camp out or get there way early in the morning.

Side Note: I went to a local BB and they told me they didn't even have any 3080s in stock in the store, and they will be online at midnight for sale, good luck and remember F5 is your best friend. Not sure if that midnight is EST or PST.
  • Welp guess i'll head over here in a few hours. rip sleep i guess
  • cucuchu
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    I must went to the Microcenter store in Overland Park, Kansas, they told me they only have 12 cards, EVGA and MSI currently, no FE cards at all. He also told me they have around 60 or so people interested and a bunch are going to camp out starting at 5pm today and then tomorrow right before they open they will hand out the 12 vouchers or more if they get any more 3080s between when I left around 3pm CST until opening. 
    The issue I see here is that Microcenter won't price match anyone typically unless that store is one of the major online retailers or brick and mortar store and currently at the time of your purchase they have them in stock. 
    Also, Microcenter typically raises the price a bit more than other brick and mortars on release day because they know they can charge that price and people will still buy them. It thus limits those who are going to resell them on eBay for example in my opinion so that they don't make as much money. 
    Lastly I ain't waiting no 17 hours in line for anything that I am spending my money on ever. I will wait until I can walk in and buy one off the shelf, I have a 2080ti and it plays everything I play just fine no issues. This 25% increase over the 2080ti that the 3080 they are stating is not worth it to me to even bother with, I will look at the 3090s once the reviews come in to make up my mind then.
    Thanks for the update. I'm guessing its gonna be like that for most stores then. Good luck everyone and at least we know there is more stock coming if we can't get one tomorrow. Sucks but it is what it is. I'll update w/ info I get from my store in a couple hours.
  • qwertytheasdf
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My speculation: I have my doubts that people will line up before the store closes for the day. I'm basing this off of COVID and social distancing guidelines, so it's possible security may send you away until the store closes. Earliest possible I can see people lining up will be 9PM, or whenever the local store closes if they are that desperate for a card.
  • My speculation: I have my doubts that people will line up before the store closes for the day. I'm basing this off of COVID and social distancing guidelines, so it's possible security may send you away until the store closes. Earliest possible I can see people lining up will be 9PM, or whenever the local store closes if they are that desperate for a card.
    lol I was told I could show up whenever when I was there this morning
  • Hics
    Options
    Wait, is Microcenter really going to price gouge these?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Anybody who hasn't checked the FAQ, we updated it:

Q.) How many will you have in stock?
    A.) We are expecting a very limited quantity of RTX 3080 cards for the launch on Thursday 17th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store.  We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

Q.) How many vouchers will be handed out?
    A.) Stores will be handing out vouchers for the cards in stock at that location

Hopefully this is a little helpful. There's nothing I can say in regards to "what time they're handing them out" or anything like that because that's going to depend on your specific store location.

This is, as far as I'm aware, all the information we can provide at this time, and any other questions in regards to specific stock and pricing and such will have to be answered by your local store when the listings go up. 

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hics said:
    Wait, is Microcenter really going to price gouge these?
    If by "price gouge" you mean greatly inflate the prices, I have never seen us do anything like that. I don't know what the actual prices are (nobody really knows 100%) but I would expect the same kind of pricing you'd see from other retailers. 
  • shinfo44
    Options
    Man, if it really is less than 20 per store, I have some serious debating to do. Is waking up really really early even going to be worth it? Or will I have much better luck just pressing F5 all day...
  • GLuE
    Options
    Evga finally listed their gpu prices on their website. But only 3 cards. No FTW3. Wonder if the rumor is true that high end cards won’t be available til next week. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99