RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Tustin: roughly thirty people in line outside, status of stock is unknown 
    All vouchers have been handed out in Tustin, if you wait till 3 you can get what’s left if there is any
    Thank you. I just noticed AMD 6800 announced with 16gb and will be available next month. If I can not get 3700 8gb today then there is another option.
  • Tustin: roughly thirty people in line outside, status of stock is unknown 
    All vouchers have been handed out in Tustin, if you wait till 3 you can get what’s left if there is any
    What exactly does that mean? At 3pm they'll start selling to those without vouchers?
  • If anybody didn’t redeem their voucher and didn’t get a card then they’ll let other customers in to get the unclaimed cards
  • Anyone know of any late batch cards arriving in Chicago?
  • LeMarc said:
    Any updates for Fairfax?
    After today's disaster, I plan on getting in queue every morning in hopes of getting a 3080 or 3070... can anyone tell me what that process is? Thanks in advance.  I'm glad some of you guys got it... I rather wake up a couple hours early before work and get in queue before I support a scalper.
    Yo. Gotta get there real early. I went there last week, Thurs and Fri at about 4 AM for a 3080. No cards. I'm gonna head there tonight. Coming any later than 4 AM means you'll be pretty back of the line.
  • StootSlap said:
    Stopped at the Mayfield MC at 10, an hour after opening.  Looks like there is still stock of the 3070's, but it's getting low.  I was looking for a 3080, so passed.  2 kids had been camped out for 3 days.  Good use of your time, guys..........
    The 2 kids that camped out both got 3080's  ;)
  • LeMarc said:
    Any updates for Fairfax?
    After today's disaster, I plan on getting in queue every morning in hopes of getting a 3080 or 3070... can anyone tell me what that process is? Thanks in advance.  I'm glad some of you guys got it... I rather wake up a couple hours early before work and get in queue before I support a scalper.
    Website was showing 3 EVGA 3070 XC instock at Fairfax MC so I drove there half an hour and they said they were completely sold out.  waste of time and gas.  
  • Update from the Yonkers store. They sold out at 2:00 pm. So save yourself the trip. I went there after work. No luck for me. Thnx Nvidia.... i wasted my time
  • Acci said:
    I rarely see anything about Marietta.  Anyone got news on it for today?
    Any news about the Marietta, GA store (stock, process, lines)?
  • Can confirm mayfield ohio is oos
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    I think most of our stores have pretty much run out at this point from what I've heard, but I haven't been able to check very much.

Definitely had more availability than launch day for the 3080/3090 that's for sure. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come and better availability in general (I hope)
  • I purchased a FE 3070 today and didn't get a code for Watchdog Legion or the Geforce Now. Was that offer only for the 3rd party cards?
  • Sunny2439 said:
    LeMarc said:
    Any updates for Fairfax?
    Yo. Gotta get there real early. I went there last week, Thurs and Fri at about 4 AM for a 3080. No cards. I'm gonna head there tonight. Coming any later than 4 AM means you'll be pretty back of the line.

Yea, that's what I figured. was gonna try 3 am each morning.. is there a physical line or a waitlist on the door?
    Good luck getting the card
  • Zimno said:
    I purchased a FE 3070 today and didn't get a code for Watchdog Legion or the Geforce Now. Was that offer only for the 3rd party cards?
    It should be on your receipt.
  • Zimno said:
    I purchased a FE 3070 today and didn't get a code for Watchdog Legion or the Geforce Now. Was that offer only for the 3rd party cards?
    It looks like that offer is only for 3080/3090 cards. My 3070 purchase didn't give me a code, but my friend's 3080 purchase got him both codes.
  • I believe that the 3080/3090s get both items - the 3070 gets the Geforce Now but no game. How the code is distributed I do not know.
  • Any idea how long Microcenter will take to restock?
  • LeMarc said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    LeMarc said:
    Any updates for Fairfax?

Yea, that's what I figured. was gonna try 3 am each morning.. is there a physical line or a waitlist on the door?
    Good luck getting the card
    Goddamn. 3 AM each day before work? Ight, I ain't got no excuses.
    Yes, there will be a line when you get there. At about 7 AM a manager comes out and takes down your name and phone number. They then send you a notification text that says you've been signed up to be notified if there are cards in stock and if you'd like to purchase one.
    There is a QR code on the window that you can scan, and then add your name and phone number to the system. That said, you're not actually in line until the MC employee checks you in. The first day I didn't scan the QR code and just told the employee my name and number. The second day I was told to scan the QR code, add my info, and then have them check me in.
    Just scan the QR code, I think it's better that way.
  • StootSlap
    StootSlap ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Spencer said:
    StootSlap said:
    Stopped at the Mayfield MC at 10, an hour after opening.  Looks like there is still stock of the 3070's, but it's getting low.  I was looking for a 3080, so passed.  2 kids had been camped out for 3 days.  Good use of your time, guys..........
    The 2 kids that camped out both got 3080's  ;)
    Doesn't change it being a massive waste of time.
  • John_S13
    John_S13 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020

Yes, there will be a line when you get there. At about 7 AM a manager comes out and takes down your name and phone number. They then send you a notification text that says you've been signed up to be notified if there are cards in stock and if you'd like to purchase one.
    There is a QR code on the window that you can scan, and then add your name and phone number to the system. That said, you're not actually in line until the MC employee checks you in. The first day I didn't scan the QR code and just told the employee my name and number. The second day I was told to scan the QR code, add my info, and then have them check me in.
    @sunny2439 - So after you scan the code and check in with the store manager at 7:00am can you leave, or are there periodic check ins throughout the morning/day?
  • John_S13 said:

@sunny2439 - So after you scan the code and check in with the store manager at 7:00am can you leave, or are there periodic check ins throughout the morning/day?
    You can leave. You'll get a text notifying you about stock. The only text I've gotten so far is a "No stock today, unfortunately".

That said, I'm not sure if they're doing things differently with this 3070 released. Guess I'll find out tonight.
  • John_S13
    John_S13 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    @Sunny2439 - Thanks much for the info and I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates you may post....

And best of luck to you in getting a card. Good luck to all of you out there that aren't scalpers. 
  • was at Tustin yesterday, had overnighted on the 28th/29th, well-organized community effort, kudos to everyone, was very cold especially after 4am. The manager came out shortly after 4am and told everyone there was enough card for everyone, I believe there were about 300 waitling in line by 6am when the store opened. I wish they had rented a porta-potty so we could do our business in a civilized manner. But, overall a very positive experience. Everyone should do this at least once in their life time :)
  • I ordered the 3070 online and got the cancellation but I heard word that Micro Center will still be trying to honor the orders. Any one hear anything concrete on this? Also some people didn’t get cancellations from what I read, just wondering if the people that did cancellations will be out of luck. 
  • @thehomeoladipo We are doing our best to honor these orders! I apologize but if the order has been canceled, we are unable to replace the order. However, we are expecting to receive more 3070s available for purchase in our stores shortly!
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2020
    I ordered the 3070 online and got the cancellation but I heard word that Micro Center will still be trying to honor the orders. Any one hear anything concrete on this? Also some people didn’t get cancellations from what I read, just wondering if the people that did cancellations will be out of luck. 
    Most recent word I've heard as of this morning is that we will not be able to fulfill any of the 3070 orders that were placed online for shipping. 

Any of the orders that are not yet cancelled should be cancelled somewhat soon while the orders work through processing. 
  • @LandShark @TSTonyV Thanks for the responses! I appreciate it. Guess from either of your replies I’m out of luck since I did get the cancellation email haha. 
  • Should we expect a restock soon or should i not get my hopes us
  • Hello all, hope you're doing well during this quarantine. As of now I see that the MSI 3080 RTX trio does not have the locate in store option on the website for North Jersey. Does this mean that microcenter no longer is restocking them?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99