RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello all, hope you're doing well during this quarantine. As of now I see that the MSI 3080 RTX trio does not have the locate in store option on the website for North Jersey. Does this mean that microcenter no longer is restocking them?
    It's not that we won't be restocking them, but we don't know when we might be. All the 3080 models are ones we want to restock, but the general availability right now is still so low compared to demand that we can't concretely say "we'll get these at this time" or anything like that. 
  • John_S13 said:
    @Sunny2439 - Thanks much for the info and I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates you may post....

And best of luck to you in getting a card. Good luck to all of you out there that aren't scalpers. 
    Update for the Fairfax MC, on my side. Got a 3070.
    Was in line last night. Got there at 3 AM and was third in line. The manager came out at about 8 AM and said that they may have 3070s and 3090s. No 3080s.
    Got a text a little later in the day to know what type of 3070 I'd like and when they will have it on hold for you. Went to pick it up today at about 5 PM.
    Overall, a great experience with the employees at Fairfax MC. Not so great waiting in the cold. lol. I wanted a 3080, but I'll settle for a 3070 for now.
  • @Sunny2439 Congrats on getting your card. And thanks for the info before and your update now.
  • TSTonyV said:
    Hello all, hope you're doing well during this quarantine. As of now I see that the MSI 3080 RTX trio does not have the locate in store option on the website for North Jersey. Does this mean that microcenter no longer is restocking them?
    It's not that we won't be restocking them, but we don't know when we might be. All the 3080 models are ones we want to restock, but the general availability right now is still so low compared to demand that we can't concretely say "we'll get these at this time" or anything like that. 
    Ah I see, thank you for the information and for replying.  
  • is there a discord for DMV area micro centers? down to camp to catch a drop, can't do it every day... any intel?   <3
  • Will you guys be swapping unused watch dog legion codes with cod cold war codes for people who ordered an RTX 3080/3090 from you? I saw a UK retailer doing this and was wondering if you guys would do the same
  • Sunny2439 said:
    John_S13 said:
    @Sunny2439 - Thanks much for the info and I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates you may post....

And best of luck to you in getting a card. Good luck to all of you out there that aren't scalpers. 
    Update for the Fairfax MC, on my side. Got a 3070.
    Was in line last night. Got there at 3 AM and was third in line. The manager came out at about 8 AM and said that they may have 3070s and 3090s. No 3080s.
    Got a text a little later in the day to know what type of 3070 I'd like and when they will have it on hold for you. Went to pick it up today at about 5 PM.
    Overall, a great experience with the employees at Fairfax MC. Not so great waiting in the cold. lol. I wanted a 3080, but I'll settle for a 3070 for now.
    Did they have founders edition or AIB only?
  • Forgive me if I missed a pinned message or relevant FAQ answer, but is this generally the "procedure" at the Tustin location at present?:
    Arrive at 3 or 4 AM
    Scan QR code in window
    Wait until 7 AM or so for a store employee to check you in
    Receive text message about that days stock
    Rinse and repeat
    Also, is your order in "line" determined by when you scan your code, or by who sits in what order closest to the door to make sure we will have trouble keeping distance from one another?
  • TSTonyV said:
    I ordered the 3070 online and got the cancellation but I heard word that Micro Center will still be trying to honor the orders. Any one hear anything concrete on this? Also some people didn’t get cancellations from what I read, just wondering if the people that did cancellations will be out of luck. 
    Most recent word I've heard as of this morning is that we will not be able to fulfill any of the 3070 orders that were placed online for shipping. 

Any of the orders that are not yet cancelled should be cancelled somewhat soon while the orders work through processing. 

TSTonyV said:
    I ordered the 3070 online and got the cancellation but I heard word that Micro Center will still be trying to honor the orders. Any one hear anything concrete on this? Also some people didn’t get cancellations from what I read, just wondering if the people that did cancellations will be out of luck. 
    Most recent word I've heard as of this morning is that we will not be able to fulfill any of the 3070 orders that were placed online for shipping. 

Any of the orders that are not yet cancelled should be cancelled somewhat soon while the orders

Just received an email from micro center stating that although we cancelled your order, we will be processing them
  • TSTonyV said:

Any of the orders that are not yet cancelled should be cancelled somewhat soon while the orders work through processing. 

• I received an email from micro center stating that although we cancelled your order, we will still honor it when stock is available.  They said within a week or two. 
  • @Daveg I got the same email. Hope we both get one soon!
  • Any stock in the westmont store?
  • Zimno said:
    I purchased a FE 3070 today and didn't get a code for Watchdog Legion or the Geforce Now. Was that offer only for the 3rd party cards?
    Contact microcenter in the online chat. I didn't receive the code and just gave them the reference number and they sent me the code. the code is only for geforce now for the 3070.
  • So, my FE 3070 was originally said to be shipped on the 19th, but I received an email about a delay on the 31st. Any idea of how much of a delay this will be? 
  • Any stock available in the Tustin store?
  • Any updates for a 3080 at the Rockville, MD store? or any insight on the process/tips?
  • Any updates for a 3080 at the Rockville, MD store? or any insight on the process/tips?
    Just gotta show up real early and they will take down your name and # and text you if they get any in and have enough for you.
  • Quick update for anyone near Rockville. Went early this morning, got a 3080. The guy here said they got 4 3090s from yesterday, expected 24 3080s, and 4 3070s today. There were like around 18 people waiting so there might be chance for anyone trying to get a card today. 
  • Mayfield, Oh has some 3070's as of 9:45 AM EST
  • TrashPanda
    edited November 2020
    Can we get a voucher if we go to the store? Are you still doing the voucher system?
  • Are 3090 Strix still trickling in from here and there or is it all dried up for now?
  • (*Fairfax MC*) I've been confused lately: people are saying that they have been getting notifications of whether or not stock is available for the day. Today I was 11 or 12 in line at the "check in", and by mid-day it reached up to the 50s in people. It dropped to the 30s a few hours later and now there are 12 in line. I have not received a text about anything other than one time almost two weeks ago, and I am in this situation almost daily. I feel like I'm wasting my time getting in these lines early in the morning and getting no closure day after day, and I doubt I am alone in this. I don't understand where these numbers are going. Are people getting cards or are these lines for other things (despite being told they were specifically for the RTX cards)? Any other input is greatly appreciated.
  • Professor_Doom
    edited November 2020
    Aaron, I didn't even bother with Fairfax MC. If you can, hit up Rockville MC on Tuesday morning or Thursday morning (go early like 6 AM - manager will usually come check you in around 7 AM and you can kinda dip and roam around until 9 AM). The manager at Rockville MC is amazing and super nice, was very transparent with us and really let us know the situation and kept us upto date so we aren't freezing ourselves or getting our hopes up waiting hours on end.
  • FAIRFAX, VA
    This is what worked for me.. I showed up around 6ish.. a little later than I wanted to be there (I tried to get there eariler).  No line so I assumed manager took everyone's name and everyone dipped.  I scanned barcode on the window to be in queue.  I was 15th in line.  When I received the "You are now in line and will be texted when it is your turn!" text... I responded with a friendly, "I'm in line for any 3070's or 3080's, thank you"... at 7:30am, I received a text back asking if I had a brand preference.  Just show up early and keep trying.. this is my 2nd attempt now.  I think the 3080's are easier to get as I keep reading the 3070's keep coming in smaller quantities.. it's pretty obvious Nvidia delayed 3070 just to pump out more 3080's ($$$)... other than that, good luck to everyone else.  Go earlier if you really want the 3070.
  • I'm thinking the first 14 or so people in line were waiting on 3070's and not many came... I could be wrong.  I initially wanted the 3070 too.. but fk it, I rather dish out for 3080 than support a scalper.
  • LeMarc said:
    FAIRFAX, VA
    This is what worked for me.. I showed up around 6ish.. a little later than I wanted to be there (I tried to get there eariler).  No line so I assumed manager took everyone's name and everyone dipped.  I scanned barcode on the window to be in queue.  I was 15th in line.  When I received the "You are now in line and will be texted when it is your turn!" text... I responded with a friendly, "I'm in line for any 3070's or 3080's, thank you"... at 7:30am, I received a text back asking if I had a brand preference.  Just show up early and keep trying.. this is my 2nd attempt now.  I think the 3080's are easier to get as I keep reading the 3070's keep coming in smaller quantities.. it's pretty obvious Nvidia delayed 3070 just to pump out more 3080's ($$$)... other than that, good luck to everyone else.  Go earlier if you really want the 3070.
    Did this happen recently? Maybe I just have to respond to the text each time then ha; I'll try it though at least. Thanks for this.
  • No 3070's or 3080's at Mayfield location, 1 3090, though
  • CrispyBudder
    CrispyBudder ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Was able to get the only 3090 asus strix that came in Dallas store with couple of 3080. Wish everyone good luck. It was a real journey trying to get one
  • Was able to get the only 3090 asus strix that came in Dallas store with couple of 3080. Wish everyone good luck. It was a real journey trying to get one

would like to know tips on how you did this, looking for a Strix 3090 my self but my closest store is Fairfax

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99