RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• FYI, 3080ti specs have leaked, NVidia is rushing it out to compete with AMD
  • Aaron_H said:
    Did this happen recently? Maybe I just have to respond to the text each time then ha; I'll try it though at least. Thanks for this.
    Yes, this morning.  I got a ASUS Strix RTX 3080... I wasn't too picky on the selection, I was just gonna grab whatever was available.  I feel like everyone is going for the 3070 considering the pricing.
  • Was able to get the only 3090 asus strix that came in Dallas store with couple of 3080. Wish everyone good luck. It was a real journey trying to get one

would like to know tips on how you did this, looking for a Strix 3090 my self but my closest store is Fairfax
    To be completely honest with you I came really early in the morning to camp for the 5950x and then they came out and told us that they had a couple of GPUs in stock and I was also looking for 3090 so I got really lucky with that one. What I can tell you tho is that they usually get their gpu stocks every Wednesday and Thursday (that’s what the employee told me atleast). So just be here on those days really early around 5am and by 8 they will inform you if they got any in stock. Wish everyone the best of luck
  • Has anyone had any luck with the Brooklyn or Flushing stores in NY? What time does the line start? What days do they usually get new stock? Camping for days or going there every day is not a realistic option for me. Any intel will be much appreciated!
  • LeMarc said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Did this happen recently? Maybe I just have to respond to the text each time then ha; I'll try it though at least. Thanks for this.
    Yes, this morning.  I got a ASUS Strix RTX 3080... I wasn't too picky on the selection, I was just gonna grab whatever was available.  I feel like everyone is going for the 3070 considering the pricing.
    Dang that upsets me haha, I was 15th in line I think around 7am. Glad to actually hear someone got it though! Gives me hope that I will get one (3080) soon then. I'll just keep replying to the text in the morning saying which one I'm looking for I guess. Thanks for your information!
  • Has anyone had any luck with the Brooklyn or Flushing stores in NY? What time does the line start? What days do they usually get new stock? Camping for days or going there every day is not a realistic option for me. Any intel will be much appreciated!
    Ditto on this, any intel is appreciated. 
  • Qrooklyn
    Qrooklyn
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Hi to all my Brooklyn peeps.
    I went at 10AM at the MC Brooklyn.
    I went with 5 friends. We all got a 3080. 3 TUF and 2 STRIX.
    They still had an ASUS 3090 when I left.
    I wanted an EVGA but it was out of stock. We got super lucky. It was still in the shipping carton when it came in.
    If anyone want to trade for my TUF 3080 for their EVGA FTW ULTRA I'll add the difference. I have the OC edition. I'll even drive to you.

I think in total, they had 15+ in different series. People before us got 3080s as well.
  • So I am 3 hours away from the Microcenter in Houston and I don't wanna make a trip for nothing. I think thursdays they have more shipment that morning. Does anyone know how early I would have to get there to try and get one or any info on that store and how their inventory has been? 
  • Can someone please give some info on the Madison heights store and how the process works, I live an hour away and really hope I only need to drive once to get my hands on a 3080.
  • Anyone know if there are 3080s this morning in the rockville or fairfax MCs?
  • DarkDraken
    DarkDraken ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited November 2020
    Zylar said:
    Anyone know if there are 3080s this morning in the rockville or fairfax MCs?

Would like to know about the 3090s, i am unable to go to the store in the mornings do to work. Is the only way to get one is to stop by early in the morning?
  • For the Brooklyn, NY peeps. I went to the store today, got there around 9am to a pretty long line that later learned it was mostly for the new AMD Ryzen 9 series. I got super lucky and managed to grab a 3080. No 3070's by the time I went in. Hopefully, this helps some of you. Good luck all!
  • NoSemicolons
    edited November 2020
    Is there any consistency to shipment days? I would need to take an Uber or Lyft back and forth to the store here in Brooklyn and I don't think I can do that every day. Seen some reports that Weds/Thurs are shipment days, is that seeming to bear out?
    And also, if I wanted to go tomorrow morning, is there any value in calling the store in the hour before close, to inquire about stock?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Is there any consistency to shipment days? I would need to take an Uber or Lyft back and forth to the store here in Brooklyn and I don't think I can do that every day. Seen some reports that Weds/Thurs are shipment days, is that seeming to bear out?
    And also, if I wanted to go tomorrow morning, is there any value in calling the store in the hour before close, to inquire about stock?
    I can't speak to when shipments arrive, but if you call in you're going to end up talking to us in the call center and we don't really have any more information than what's been shared here on the forum already. We'll ultimately recommend you either check this thread or check at the store directly for inventory. 
  • Just got out of the Brooklyn store. Only stock left for 3080 was EVGA XC3 Ultra, I elected to wait on some other aib options. Pretty long line behind me and don’t expect there to be cards left for long. No 3070s.
  • COLUMBUS OHIO STORE ANYONE KNOW WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR STOCK ON THE 3070 AND 3080 
  • COLUMBUS OHIO STORE ANYONE KNOW WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR STOCK ON THE 3070 AND 3080 
    Any.  They arrive when they arrive.  There is no schedule or a day that is more likely than any other day.  Shipments can also come after they open, not just before they open.
  • @StootSlap has the answer here.
    StootSlap said:
    COLUMBUS OHIO STORE ANYONE KNOW WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR STOCK ON THE 3070 AND 3080 
    Any.  They arrive when they arrive.  There is no schedule or a day that is more likely than any other day.  Shipments can also come after they open, not just before they open.
    From the original post:
    We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.
    From my perspective, it seems quite random on when we get shipments.
  • Anyone know if 3080s are in stock at Tustin?
  • Qrooklyn said:
    Hi to all my Brooklyn peeps.
    I went at 10AM at the MC Brooklyn.
    I went with 5 friends. We all got a 3080. 3 TUF and 2 STRIX.
    They still had an ASUS 3090 when I left.
    I wanted an EVGA but it was out of stock. We got super lucky. It was still in the shipping carton when it came in.
    If anyone want to trade for my TUF 3080 for their EVGA FTW ULTRA I'll add the difference. I have the OC edition. I'll even drive to you.

I think in total, they had 15+ in different series. People before us got 3080s as well.
    Hey, I have an EVGA FTW Ultra I'm looking to trade for the TUF! Are you still interested?
  • How am I supposed to know when more 3070 cards will be stocked? (St Louis Park). I don't get it. Do I just show up on any random morning and hope that I get lucky?
  • Any one have an update on the FE 3070 orders? Haven’t received any word since the email stating they would honor the order. 
  • Currently outside Philadelphia at the St. David location. Xbox releases today so there are a handful of people here for that. 

I'd say there's 30 of us. First in line at 11pm, second and 3rd at 1am.  I got here as ~30th and was an hour early.
    I'll be coming for the next 10 days if I have to!
  • 3 GPU's. Wow! No name taking
  • Jtdelisio said:
    3 GPU's. Wow! No name taking
    I'm not super surprised, I haven't seen any people mention large shipments to St. Davids, it's a bummer
  • StootSlap
    StootSlap ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Well, I was walking out my door to drive to the Mayfield, Oh location this morning to see if there were any cards when my discord alert went off for a drop on BB.  Since BB has implemented anti-bot measures, I decided to give it a go.  3080FE is arriving tomorrow.
  • Anybody have any info on 3070 availability at Tustin?
  • At FairFax, at 4am 6th one in line. Wish me luck will update.
  • At FairFax, at 4am 6th one in line. Wish me luck will update.
    How is it going?
  • Jtdelisio said:
    3 GPU's. Wow! No name taking
    You continue coming? Any luck?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99