AMD RX 6000 Series/Big Navi Keynote Launch Discussion & FAQ (updated)

Comments

• Damn so 3080 availability then
  • Looks like 3 people or so at Westmont store.
  • Sugam
    Sugam
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    I have arrived at the minniapolis MN microcenter to get in line. However there is no one here so I am first! The cold is probably a factor so I'm staying in my car to keep warm for the time being. Was worried for the line up but I guess I over reacted. If anyone else arrives this early you are more then welcome to hang out in in my car to keep warm tell the line starts to actually grow so we can figure out if there is going to be a line list or something going on.
  • 5 people at Fairfax currently
    Dedicated! There were three people sleeping there last night around midnight. I want a GPU, but not THAT badly! Ha. See ya'll sometime this afternoon, probably.
  • Anybody check out the Cambridge, MA location? 
  • Has anyone seen how the Sharonville location looks?
  • Checked out Tustin, CA a few hours ago around 10PM , one of the guys at the front told me the employees don't know if they'll get any Rx 6800 RTs due to shipment issues, but more than likely they'll receive Rx 6800s at opening. They also said they made a list and there was already over 100 people on it. I only saw around 14 cars in the parking lot and I saw maybe 15-20 chairs in the front with no one sitting in them in line, so the guy could be full of shit. Hopefully someone can cross check with my info because I doubt it's that bad already and if it is, Tustin will be a shitshow.

They had around 90 cards for the RTX 3000 series launch, I assumed it'd be around the same worst case scenario, but who knows.
  • Morning....Is there a line started @ Paterson location?

• Anyone know about stock in Duluth location
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Moonbiter said:
    LandShark said:
    I've just been informed that we will be receiving a very limited amount of RX 6000 cards.
    Thanks for the heads up @LandShark.  We appreciate any details you can drop!   Helps to know if each store is only getting X of each card so we know if to try and wait our not.
    We won't be able to give a direct count, as we'll continue the trend of getting cards drop shipped from the manufacturers. This means we could still get shipments of new cards throughout the day. I've heard a rumor that it will be similar to the NVIDIA launch, so if there is a line longer than 25 people I would consider your chances of getting a card very slim. Again, I DO NOT know the exact count. So you'll have to decide what is worth waiting for.  For the NVIDIA launch some of our stores didn't get more than 10 cards if I recall correctly. 
    how limited are we talking? :neutral:
    We haven't been given an exact count, but from what I've been told, I would guess it will be very similar to the NVIDIA launch.
    lamfifer said:
    Also, what time would they come online?
    They will be visible on our website on the morning of the launch. However, they will not be available online they will only be available in-store.
    Goreopsy said:
    LandShark said:
    I've just been informed that we will be receiving a very limited amount of RX 6000 cards.
    And by "we" you mean all stores nationwide?
    Yes, exactly. All stores will receive a very limited amount of cards.

I'll continue to do my best with any info I find.  From what I've read online on other rumor sites and forums, it looks like the AIB partners may be releasing their cards in a couple of weeks. I still haven't heard exactly what cards we'll have on launch. It could be reference only, could be mixed.
    jjpo said:
    Anyone going to Overland Park? If so, please post line status when you get there. I am driving  3+ hours to get there and don’t want to waste time/gas if the line is already huge.
    I will be heading there tomorrow evening sometime, probably around 9. I will post an update once I am there. @LandShark, I am guessing because there is limited stock that I won’t be able to get one of each of the 6800XT and 6800 for my son and I like I had asked about( unless, of course, there aren’t enough people to sell them all out)?
    I was able to confirm that at this time, there is a limit to one per household. I can also confirm that these will sell out.
  • anybody in Mayfield

• @BIGDADDY also wondering the same lmk when u are going up there right now it’s snowing i’m supposed to be up there at midnight but if there’s more than 25 people i’m leaving 
  • Anyone at Rockville location?
  • Another vote for if anyone is at the Houston location.

• Who is coming to mayfirld
  • Anyone know how many people in line at the Westmont/Chicago stores?
  • Trying to decide between parkville and rockville both are about a hour away. Anyone there with some intel on these lines? Also do you think showing up at 4am is too late?
  • Disappointed that Microcenter would encourage people to lineup during a pandemic instead of putting the products online for reservation.
  • 2 in line in mayfield
  • RemySr
    RemySr
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Goreopsy said:
    LandShark said:
    And by "we" you mean all stores nationwide?
    I can't remember where I reaad this but are you only going to have referrence cards and not other manfactured cards from Asus, Sapphire ect..?
  • Hi all! We've added some more information to the original post. Wanted to share here as well.

FAQ

Q) Will you have the AMD Radeon RX 6000 series on launch?
    A) Yes, we will have the new RX 6000 series cards from our AIB partners, including Sapphire and MSI.

Q) How many will you have in stock?
    A) Quantities will be extremely limited at launch, however, we're expecting additional shipments of GPUs later on launch day and subsequent days. Please note that quantities and shipments vary by store.

Q) How much will the 3000 Series video cards cost?

A) Up-to-date pricing for our cards will be posted on the website upon launch. You can see the full assortment of AMD cards we carry, with up to date inventory and pricing in the AMD graphics cards category.

Q) Will I be able to reserve or buy them online?

A) We will not be offering reservations for in-store pick-up or shipping for these video cards due to the high demand. 

Q) Can I buy more than one? 

A) We will be limiting purchases at this time to one per household. With limited availability, we want all of our customers to have a chance to be a part of this new product release.

• anyone at west bury and if what is the line like?
  • Checked out Tustin, CA a few hours ago around 10PM , one of the guys at the front told me the employees don't know if they'll get any Rx 6800 RTs due to shipment issues, but more than likely they'll receive Rx 6800s at opening. They also said they made a list and there was already over 100 people on it. I only saw around 14 cars in the parking lot and I saw maybe 15-20 chairs in the front with no one sitting in them in line, so the guy could be full of shit. Hopefully someone can cross check with my info because I doubt it's that bad already and if it is, Tustin will be a shitshow.

They had around 90 cards for the RTX 3000 series launch, I assumed it'd be around the same worst case scenario, but who knows.
    Hopefully that guy is full of it because I’m about to head over there.
  • Impapi said:
    Checked out Tustin, CA a few hours ago around 10PM , one of the guys at the front told me the employees don't know if they'll get any Rx 6800 RTs due to shipment issues, but more than likely they'll receive Rx 6800s at opening. They also said they made a list and there was already over 100 people on it. I only saw around 14 cars in the parking lot and I saw maybe 15-20 chairs in the front with no one sitting in them in line, so the guy could be full of shit. Hopefully someone can cross check with my info because I doubt it's that bad already and if it is, Tustin will be a shitshow.

Hopefully that guy is full of it because I’m about to head over there.
    Can you let me know the situation when you get there because I will be going at around 5-6 pm
  • @Impapi I'd heard that there were already more than 50 people in line at Tustin. Quantities will be extremely limited at launch. From what I've heard, there may already be more people lined up at Tustin than we will have cards on release. Still trying to get confirmation as this is second-hand info. Let us know what you find when you get to the store.
  • 5 people at Fairfax currently
    Any updates on how many people are there? I Can't camp out all night, but was hoping to get there around 3-4am
  • anyone know about west bury NY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99