NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

1151617181921»

Comments

• @LandShark
    do you only receive them during the week and not the weekend
  • We seem to largely receive shipments during the week, however, some shipments have been drop shipped and received during the weekend.
  • @LandShark
    How many shipments do you receive a week and how early should I line up to have a good chance of getting one if they do come in?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Maxwell said:
    @LandShark
    How many shipments do you receive a week and how early should I line up to have a good chance of getting one if they do come in?
    This varies from store to store. I've seen cases where some stores will get more than one shipment in a week, and cases where stores don't receive any of a certain product during a week. 

The line is also going to depend on your store. Some people are still showing up several hours in advance of the store opening. Unfortunately there's not an easy way for us to answer this because we're not at the store ourselves. 
  • Wondering how release of the 3060 will be on Feb 25th. Is it crowd managed til 7am then an employee starts a ticket system?

• Hello @Jonathan_Wolf

I haven't received any info at this time! In the future, we'll be sure to share any info we have here and on our store website.

As of the last release, the way that the line was handled was different depending on the store and the weather.

• I'm finding it frustrating living 90 minutes from the nearest microcenter and never knowing if it's worth it to drive down there because the website stock seems to not always be accurate. I checked the website this morning over and over and there were no 30 series cards listed so I decided not to go. Now I happen to refresh and of course there is 1 3080 to be had. It's super frustrating knowing It will likely be gone long before I could ever get there. Outside of driving 1 hour 45 minutes on a whim every morning what am I to do? There has to be a way to narrow downs the days or something.

• They can’t put accurate stock numbers as most people looking for cards are waiting outside for the store to open and by what’s available before anything can be entered in the site. As stocks are scarce to begin with don’t expect to see tons if any on the site until everything balances out or when the hype dies down. It sucks trust me I waited outside some mornings in oct/nov. no card acquired that way but it’s a luck of the draw.
  • See the thing is though, is the store nearest me had a 3080 listed today for several hours. I never imagined I could get down there before it was gone because it's an hour and a half drive. It stayed listed on the site for like 5 hours and this was in the afternoon. Obviously had I known it would last that long I'd have went and grabbed it.

• Is there a typical day that the cards restock or is it always random which day they have them? What I'm guessing is you basically have to show up early several days and hope that they restocked that day?

• @DrDonut just chiming in. But you are correct in your assumption. You basically have to visit the store every day in the morning before it opens. Once in the store ask if they are giving vouchers for 3080 and if they are expecting a delivery truck that day. GPU scalpers are at the store every day and finding ways to get around the 1 per household requirement with different names and IDs. Its a competition to be the first to get a card daily and weekly at the Microcenter stores.

• Thanks @TSTDavey! Appreciate the input! I'm guessing that there is never restocking on the same day of the week typically? I was rereading through a bit of these older posts, but it seems like there is an almost weekly restocking, sometimes two times per week?

• Typically, we'd receive them throughout the week and there really isn't a normal day during the week that we'll receive shipments.

In my personal experience it varies week to week. Sometimes I've seen stock come twice a week and sometimes I've seen us go a week with no stock received. Typically, I'm seeing us receive stock twice a week, but as I mentioned, it's quite variable.

• Hi! What does the process for getting a 3000 series look like right now? I tried contacting the Cambridge store yesterday but they said they couldn't give me much info about the usual days/times for shipments. Are stores still receiving 3090's weekly or so? I understand the demand is high and I will most likely need to: "...visit the store every day in the morning before it opens...ask if they are giving vouchers for (3090) and if they are expecting a delivery truck that day."

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Hello, at this time, there is not a typical day / time we receive these cards. They come in periodically to our stores.

• Ian
    Ian admin
    edited March 2021

Just in case to anyone checking out this thread, we have a new FAQ on "Limited Availability" releases at: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/7909/limited-availability-product-launch-faq#latest

• These cards are sold out at my Microcenter. Not only these, but every single card on the page. When will you be getting a new shipment?

• Ian
    Ian admin

There is not a typical day / time we receive these cards. They come in periodically to our stores.

• Whats the policy on if you actually have stock in the back during the day? I was in there earlier today and saw them loading carts with cards. I asked about them and was told that they weren't for sale and that they were for the morning crowd. Kind of frustrating, considering they had them sitting right there. I dont work a job that really allows me to be able to show up that early in the morning and burning a day of PTO is very frustrating...

• @aaronc321 just chiming in. Take a look at the limited availability FAQ link below on obtaining a Graphic Card at MC. The stores are following a voucher system, 1 GPU per 1 voucher. Those cards were probably for the next batch of vouchers that will be given out to customers the folowing morning.

If you have PTO time or able to work something out with your employer for a half a day off to visit the store early before they open; that'll possibly give you a chance to get a card at MC.

There's a shortage of GPUs everywhere, so these cards are hard to come by. Things are frustrating for retailers and the computing industry.

Good luck.

FAQ Link:

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/7909/limited-availability-product-launch-faq#latest

• @TSTDavey Sigh... ok, I didn't know about the FAQ (guess I should have checked beforehand...). I've spoken with a few of the associates at my Microcenter and don't recall vouchers being brought up or how they work (I get the impression that they are tired of explaining). I've mainly been told to show up early and that's about it. At least I know they have them on hand so when I get up early tomorrow...

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99