Docking Station not sending/receiving video?

Hello, I recently purchased a Inland 11-in-1 Triple Display Dock and I'm having a strange problem.

I am trying to create a setup where I can use two external monitors with my laptop to the side with its lid closed.

I've plugged in the docking station into the USB-C port located on the back of my laptop, and plugged in several things into the docking station. Interestingly, I can type using a plugged-in external keyboard, and use an external mouse just fine, but the two monitors I have aren't receiving anything. One monitor is plugged in using a HDMI cable, and the other using a VGA cable. However none of these external monitors are being detected by Windows. There isn't the usual boxes with 1 & 2 or 3 to show the displays. As far as my laptop is concerned, the only screen available is its own laptop screen.

I have tested my monitors by plugging them into my only HDMI port on my laptop, and both monitors are able to mirror/extend my screen just fine. It's only when I plug those monitors into my docking station, that nothing occurs, and my laptop doesn't detect them, even when I try to manually detect them. I've checked, and all my drivers seem to be up to date. I'm at a complete loss.

My laptop is a pre-built Cyberpower Tracer III. If anything needs further clarification, please ask away!

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99