Bluetooth Driver Failure

Options
My bluetooth driver for all my audio devices has failed on my brand new Powerspec G705, so that I cannot switch on bluetooth in settings. I have tried repairing the driver, I've tried searching for an updated driver, uninstalling and reinstalling, with no luck.  The driver is current, I've checked to make sure the bluetooth support service is running, and I'd rather not revert to factory settings just yet.  Any ideas?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    This link is the driver download page for the wireless card we use in the G705. Try downloading and installing it, and see if that fixes it. https://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/product.us.asp?Model=802.11ac%20Dual%20Band%20WiFi%20Adapter#osW1064

If that doesn't do it, do a clean boot. If another piece of software/service is causing the issue a clean boot might fix it, so it's worth a shot. Pretty easy to do as well. 

• Catherine
    Options
    Oof, thank you for the recommendation, but neither of those worked for me.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darn, was hoping one of those would fix it. One other simple thing you can try is powering down the computer, unplugging the power cord then holding down the power button for 30 seconds while it's unplugged. Then plug it back in and turn it back on. 

And, if you're comfortable with it, while it's unplugged you could open up the side panel of the computer and make sure the wireless card is pressed snugly into it's socket. It's possible it's slightly off and a pin isn't making good contact or something like that, so it isn't loading properly. 
  • Catherine
    Options
    One of those two recovered my bluetooth and I am beside myself with gratitude. Thank you.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great! My guess is the card was ever so slightly loose in the socket, but keep an eye on it. If you consistently have an issue with the driver failing to load, it could be a faulty wireless/bluetooth card, in which case I would bring your system in for evaluation when you have the opportunity. Hopefully that's not the case!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99