Tell Us Your Favorite 2021 Micro Center Memory and Enter to Win a Gift Card!

Options
1235»

Comments

• BeepDog
    Options
    Microcenter is the place to go for me to get 3d printer filament. The inland pla+ is solid and I print a crap load of it. I've probably bought $100 worth of filament this year.

I love the selection of filament colors.

I also really like the selection of computer hardware. I was able to snag a nvidia 3080ti this year for more than I'd like to spend, but at least I have one.
  • RichJ
    Options

Had a salesperson who I was joking with in the maker's section throw a handful of Pi Pico's in my cart and said you can never have enough. I agreed, grabbed another handful & said "that should do it!" Then proceeded to joke some more by saying "nah, I'm gonna have someone else put their employee sticker on this order." Scared him for a second, but in the end he won me over :D Microcenter kept my 2020 & 2021 sane. More Pi's, Arduinos, sensors, switches & buttons...But just realized I need some bigger heat shrink!

• I once had an early appointment in the north-central metro Detroit area (I live on the west side) and got to the Troy, MI store early.

My favorite memory is that when I went to check out, I did not have to wait for 15 minutes for check out!

If you can, open another store on the west-central area (Livonia, Dearborn, Dearborn Hgts).

• Tomster28
    Options

My favorite memory at the Cambridge Microcenter was arriving at the store an hour and a half early, having traveled an hour from home, to find out they weren't running the GPU queue system because they didnt have any GPU's in stock at that moment. Everybody else that was in line took off. I stuck around to browse the store and buy some 3d printer filament and Gfuel. The manager found me randomly in the store and said that they just got a "drop" of GPU's and simply asked me and my 2 friends that I drove down with what we wanted. We left the store very happily with 3 EVGA 3080's. Fantastic Experience!

• Moon_Dog
    Options

Being able to pickup BTT SKR 3D printer control boards off the shelf, when none where to be found on Amazon!

• EduardoALR
    Options

My most memorable moment in Micro Center was getting the professional help from the Houston store staff to pick out the components I for my new PC Gamer

• Mike2Hodge
    Options
    Joining this community, browsing the MC website, playing with the PC configurator and daydreaming of the day I finally make into the actual store. :)
  • WhiteGlint
    Options

Story Time!

So, sometime last year, I REALLY needed a new GPU. I sold my 5700XT to try and get a 6800XT preorder from AMD. preorder came annnnd i did NOT get one: ( Now GPUless, I was using my "hold me over" Radeon HD 7870 and had $550 bucks in my pocket and went to Madison Heights Microcenter with hopes to get am RX 6700XT. 

Stood in line 2 hours before open, in the rain, in the wind. My hands were cold more than anything, but eventually i got cold due to all the strong wind. After all the waiting, we FINNALY start moving inside! I'm getting closer and closer by the minuet it feels and FINALLY get through the door and can warm up. Almost at the front, i'm seeing GPUs moving 1 by one to the front of the store. I'm getting nervous that the store was going to run out. 

More and more go to the front and the suspense is killing me! I start to sweat bullets in my armpits. "I KNOW they GOTTA be just about out of GPUs!" i think to myself. Finally, it's my turn and I find that, all the MSRP 6700 XT's at $500 JUST ran out like, 1 more spot higher in line and i would have HAD it! >_<; I was so mad... but i could not leave empty handed! Id have to go back to an 8 year old Radeon HD 7870 with a measly 2GB of VRAM if i left now! So, i broke tradition and asked the rep what i never expected to ask... "Hey... you ummm, you still got any of the $550 and below Nvidia cards??" hey says, "Not sure, lets go find out". 

He takes me over to the Nvidia side and I see it from the corner of my eye, like it's the very last bargain 4KTV on the shelf of a Walmart on black Friday! There is it! It turned out to be!... a 3060! I cant even believe it's all that's left from the RTX cards AND it's LOWER ranked than the 6700XT I wanted! I'm having an internal argument with myself at this point about what to do, since i never normally buy Nvidia GPUs! 

Eventually, I had to act fast! There was another customer and rep coming around the corner looking for an Nvidia GPU, so i came to a lightning fast unanimous decision and blurted out "Ok, ok, ill take it, ill take it!" Feeling somewhat defeated, I reminded myself that, this was the 2nd best outcome. It was better than the 7870! So i pony'ed up and bought it. To this day, i still regret ever selling my 5700XT, but i still get pretty decent performance on the 3060. Maybe when the RX 7000 card release, ill be back even earlier and ill get the 7800XT.

• Ardy2222
    Options

My favorite memory was buying a new gaming computer.

• suet
    Options

My favorite memory was to find a MicroCenter store in the same town where I work. Frequently stop in when I have technology needs

• ron69
    Options

i'm a social media follower of Microcenter - frequently check social channels to see what's new. Have located my closest Microcenter store and plan to swing by when I have technology needs

• textiff
    Options

My favorite memory 2021 Micro Center memory is shopping for Christmas gifts for my family at the Micro Center in Houston. So much fun!

• jh19107
    Options

My favorite memory was the Tustin, CA store reopening and newly remodeled. A lot of precious memories of the old store throughout the years I grow up here. With this newly remodeled store, I scored many grand reopening deals as well as now I can shop here as there aren't many computer stores anymore. Wish MicroCenter a Happy 2022, hope we can see many more locations opening and expand bigger!

• Rhartung84
    Options

Dear Microcenter Community,

Memories: the faculty by which the mind stores and remembers information. Oh, the memories at Microcenter! Besides the utter mind onslaught of DDR5 draining my bank account, the culture that streams from Microcenter into the homes of technology people renders the fondest memories. Keeping up with the latest and greatest technology is the memory that Microcenter professionals desire, and therein I depend on solid answers to complex questions.  See, I am a Criminal Justice student who is turning from aspirations of becoming a priest.  Therefore, my technological inclinations are twenty-three years faint, so I depend upon the sales team, cashiers, and technology professionals to steer me in a direction from the old 386 DX266 Microsoft PC competence. It is something many others, and I cannot do alone. I began with a Dell 3880 i3-10100 in March of 21’ and upgraded to the newest i9-12900K with DDR5 technology basins a culture that relies on everyone’s culpability. Microcenter overflows with great-big memories, including everyone in sincere dedication to building my master computer.

After many years apart from the computer world, I bought my Dell 3880 from Dell’s website only to end up back at Microcenter, due to my first impression of Microcenter when I purchased my first computer/laptop in 2007 for college. Thank you, everyone, at Microcenter, for keeping Great technology flowing. 

Much Due Respect,

Robert H.

• MattMski
    MattMski ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Options

My favorite memory of the year 2021 at Micro Center was buying parts for my first PC build. I bought a motherboard and CPU, which gave me the combo deal. I also was lucky to find a 3060 GPU and buy that as well. The employees were very helping in guiding me in the right direction.

• mkauley
    Options

My favorite memory: I walked in to buy a cable for my Raspberry Pi. I couldn't find the part on the shelf so I asked for some help. With the Pi cable found, the clerk asked if I needed anything else. I jokingly said, yeah, a 3060. He said "ok, we have some in stock". I had been looking for one for a month and even tried the lottery at Microcenter earlier in the week. It was awesome! Though, a $4 trip became a $504 trip... but it was worth it

• My favorite memories at Microcenter in 2021 was finding the right thing, the right gift for the nice and nephew. He loves technology and gamers stuff and it was the right place. Thanks Microcenter. :)
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99