Fantastic Coolers for AMD X3D Processors!

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Last week saw the release of AMD's excellent new line of X3D processors - specifically the 7900X3D and 7950X3D. With 3D V-Cache adding a ton of extra space to the L3 cache, these chips are absolute monsters for gaming. Of course, with all that extra power comes extra heat, so we asked our Champions for some coolers they'd recommend using with "The World's Fastest Gaming Processor!"

be quiet DARK ROCK PRO 4 CPU Cooler by @Shoan041

Processors are getting faster and more powerful than ever before and because of this, we need some major cooling to keep those temperatures low! With the arrival of AMD's new 7900X3D, I have to recommend the “be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4”. This cooler is a beast with two radiators, seven high-performance copper heat pipes, and two Silent Wings PWM fans to keep your processor cool. At maximum fan speed, these fans only produce 24.3dB(A) of noise - these are literally quieter than a whisper (30dB)! If you're worried that the Dark Rock Pro has too much cooling and is too big to fit, don’t worry. They have cutouts designed to work with most RAM sticks and be quiet designed it to stay out of the way of the other motherboard components. This cooler comes with everything that you need to set it up in the box, including brackets, thermal paste, and even a screwdriver so you can set it up with no problems!

Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Low Profile CPU Cooler by @tbarggs

If you’re as excited about the new Ryzen X3D processors as I am, then I know you’ll also be in the market for a great cooler. Luckily, these processors are still compatible with the AM4 socket type, so if you already have a cooler compatible with that you’re in luck! If you’re in the market for a new, low-profile, and budget-friendly cooler, I would recommend the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4.

Noctua has been a renowned cooler manufacturer for many years. They have always been known for having great performance at a great price. The Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 is a stellar option for anyone looking to purchase the Ryzen 7 5800X3D. The NH-L9a-AM4 is a low-profile cooler that is 37 mm tall and 114mm wide which makes it a perfect fit whether you plan on putting it in a Mini-ITX case or a mid-tower PC case. This is my go-to recommendation for anyone looking for a good fan cooler to go well with their new processor!

ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm All-in-One Liquid Cooler by @Julia_V

One of my favorite high-end CPU coolers is the ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360mm All-in-One Liquid Cooler. There are two variants of this AiO: one with RGB fans, and one with non-RGB Noctua fans. The one I am highlighting here is the variant with Noctua fans. Three main things make this cooler great: performance, aesthetics, and uniqueness. 

As many new high-end CPUs are extremely powerful and require great cooling, a 360mm liquid cooler is a great fit for them. The Ryujin II cooler pump uses the Asetek design, which is known to be well reliable and long-lasting. For this AiO in particular, there is also an additional embedded 60mm fan built inside of the pump for extra cooling capability. This fan circulates air to the CPU VRMs and the M.2 slots, reducing the temperature on nearby components for extra performance. The three 120mm Noctua IndustrialPPC Fans that come with the cooler are some of the best computer fans one can find on the market. This is attributed to their high performance in airflow, static pressure, speed, and minimal fan noise at only 29.7 dB(A). 

The Ryujin also looks amazing in addition to its stellar performance. Resting above the pump is a 3.5” color LCD screen. This LCD screen is easily configured and personalized with ASUS software, which means ASUS motherboard users can configure their LCD looks and motherboard settings in one hub. What also makes the Ryujin unique is the square shape of the screen, which allows it to stand out among many liquid coolers that feature a round design for the pump area. If you are looking for a high-performance cooler that will also make your system stand out among the others–the Ryujin II is a great 360mm cooler to consider. 

Deep Cool LS Liquid Coolers @TreBouncee

2023 is off to a blazing start with the release of AMDs new X3D processor series. These new processors have a far greater cache without changing the core of the CPU, enabling better gaming performance. Typically, when any machine runs faster, the user needs to adjust cooling and I have a great recommendation that could help in that department. The Deep Cool LS520 High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler heads the list as a cost-effective yet reliable option for cooling your new X3D chip. The LS520 offers a unique pump design and a user-customizable face plate. For the consumer that's interested in the higher-end 7950X3D, I would suggest Deep Cool's LS720. The LS720 has a triple fan system that creates a low-noise cooling solution for anyone looking to keep their CPU as cool as possible.

NZXT Kraken Z73 RGB 360mm AIO Water Cooling Kit by @ChaosDTV

AMD recently dropped their 3D V-Cache processors for their AMD 7000 series and if you want to make the most out of them, you'll need some serious cooling. NZXT has been making great coolers for quite some time but this triple-fan cooler will do the X3D lineup good. Enter the NZXT Kraken Z73 RGB cooling system. This system is perfect for AM5 builds as the triple-fan design offers superior cooling to double- or single-fan designs. The LECD pump head allows for temp readouts or just a gif of your favorite show.

Some quick stats on the Kraken Z73:

●      Compatible AMD Sockets: AM4 and AM5

●      Power Consumption: 14.4

●      Water Pump Speed: 800 - 2800 RPM

●      Radiator Size: 360mm

With this cooler, you'll be able to run your new shiny processor at the speed and performance you want, without fear of thermal throttling!

More from the Micro Center Community:

Looking for more information about Building a PC? We’ve got PC Build Guides as well as articles on How to Choose Parts for you Custom PC BuildProduct Reviews, and Part Comparisons. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to post a new discussion and the Community will be happy to help!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99