RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

•  Currently out at Microcenter in Chicago. No line yet
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    I'm curious what brands are everyone's stores getting? NJ is getting Asus and EVGA.
  • Any word on the Dallas store? They aren't even placing calls on hold they just say to call back later and hang up. =(
    I was trying to go after work today at 7PM ,  but that seems like a complete waste of time lol. If the MC in Missouri has a line 
    Dallas definitely does, I just can't get any confirmation without driving 35 minutes over there to check. Oh well I guess I'll hope for October restocks... 
  • Ogre
    Options
    Any word on the Dallas store? They aren't even placing calls on hold they just say to call back later and hang up. =(
    I was trying to go after work today at 7PM ,  but that seems like a complete waste of time lol. If the MC in Missouri has a line 
    Dallas definitely does, I just can't get any confirmation without driving 35 minutes over there to check. Oh well I guess I'll hope for October restocks... 
    I plan on going around 6pm. I’ll let you know how many are there and if it’s too late. 
  • Happy to confirm the Chicago IL store has some 3090's in stock- still no line as of 10:23 Central
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    Any word on the Dallas store? They aren't even placing calls on hold they just say to call back later and hang up. =(
    I will go check in 3 hours and I will let you all know
  • Akilestar
    Options
    Ogre said:
    I plan on going around 6pm. I’ll let you know how many are there and if it’s too late. 
    Same, I went yesterday and they said last week the line started around 7pm and they should know by then how many they have in stock. I'll report how it looks when I get there if someone hasn't already. 
  • rickcvlr
    Options
    Six in line at Cambridge now. And I misspoke. Up to 8 more cards coming. Totaling up to 10 cards total
    Well I guess that's that then. I was planning on getting there at around 9pm-10pm tonight but that's likely a waste of time at this point. Is the line still holding at six?
  • Contrast77
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Awesome if the line isn't deep for Dallas store lets start a loot list for placement so we can take bathroom breaks lol... 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    rickcvlr said:
    Six in line at Cambridge now. And I misspoke. Up to 8 more cards coming. Totaling up to 10 cards total
    Well I guess that's that then. I was planning on getting there at around 9pm-10pm tonight but that's likely a waste of time at this point. Is the line still holding at six?
    Yes
  • Zhang
    Options
    Happy to confirm the Chicago IL store has some 3090's in stock- still no line as of 10:23 Central
    Chicago IL has no line but Westmont does? 
  • Zhang said:
    Happy to confirm the Chicago IL store has some 3090's in stock- still no line as of 10:23 Central
    Chicago IL has no line but Westmont does? 
    Correct - from what I read in a previous post Westmont has at least 5 people in line already.
  • Call_Me_Q
    Options
    Brentwood microcenter  St louis MO.    There is already a line.   I recently got laid off from my job so im backing out of buying the 3090 but seems i never had a chance anyway lol.   Im good with my 2080 ti for now and im glad i didnt sell it.   
  • stlmikey
    Options
    Brentwood microcenter  St louis MO.    There is already a line.   I recently got laid off from my job so im backing out of buying the 3090 but seems i never had a chance anyway lol.   Im good with my 2080 ti for now and im glad i didnt sell it.   
    crazy!!!  
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    7 in line now at cambridge MA for the UP TO 10 cards
  • rickcvlr
    Options
    7 in line now at cambridge MA for the UP TO 10 cards
    Yeah, probably going to take my chances for a FE online tomorrow AM, as slim as those are. If I waited 20+ hours for a card and didn't get one I don't know how healthily I'd react. 
  • Nation
    Options
    Microcenter is claiming the EVGA 3090 cards are being recalled and they will not sell them tomorrow morning! So inventory here went from 11 to 3! Anybody else hearing these? 
  • Nation said:
    Microcenter is claiming the EVGA 3090 cards are being recalled and they will not sell them tomorrow morning! So inventory here went from 11 to 3! Anybody else hearing these? 
    Ive not heard that. Did the store tell you this?
  • Was going to come to Paterson NJ around 6 pm ET tonight. No longer worth based on my read here. Confirm from those of you there? Also thanks for the good reporting. 
  • Akilestar
    Options
    Nation said:
    I call shenanigans. The cards arrived today so they would have shipped at most a couple days ago. What would EVGA have learned in a couple of days, that didn't already know, that would caused them to recall the cards? 
  • burkano
    Options
    No point of lines. I went to microcenter yesterday and there were people waiting 3 days before the 3090 launch. I was gonna camp a day before but after seeing over 20 people waiting from 3 days before I stand no chance.
  • 11 in line in Houston
  • LouL
    LouL
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'm currently in line at Microcenter in Westmont, IL and I'm in 11th place.   The words is they have 11 cards.
  • Nation
    Options
    Yes a employee came out and told us... ksantangelo223 said:
    Nation said:
    Ive not heard that. Did the store tell you this?

• DarthPancho
    Options
    Good morning! Any Tustin updates?
  • To everyone in line. Good luck and wish you the best. Be polite to your neighbors and make a few new friends along the way. In these trying times, the best we can do is be nice to each other, just as we have been civil and nice in these forums. Enjoy the card too!
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We are currently first in line at the Overland Park, Kansas Location. Got there about 10am. Was initially told it was illegal for us to wait but we found a manager and got it straightened out they have been very nice and got us setup. They said they are only getting 2-3 3090's. Honestly Nvidia can go to hell. We should be sharing this awesome new tech as a gaming community but Nvidia created this mess with their early release when stock was not anywhere near a respectable level. It is 24 hours before launch and pretty much all 3090's are claimed for already by having 2-11 people in line 24 hours or more before hand. I am excited I am first in line but this is sad situation for the gaming community
  • If someone in line sees this and has a chance to ask a Micro Center employee about the various models they anticipate to have in stock:

Ask them whether they will have any ROG Strix cards from Asus, or if it is only the TUF line (as was the case for the 3080s). 
  • stahlmannx76
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi all. Too late to head to Paterson NJ now? :/
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    I’m currently at the Dallas micro center and I’m 7th in line

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99