RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• EvanH
    Options
    dkhn9c said:
    I will try to find out and let you guys know when i can!
  • molarry
    Options
    It would be nice if all microcenters had company policy on how to handle launches from here on out. I showed up at my local MC this morning at 11am and it was a shit show. There were people camped out for the 3090, and people just hanging out for the 3080 waiting for trucks to arrive standing in the same line. The first dude in line had no idea who was there and for what, microcenter had no line signs, and no information on vouchers. Isn't this a franchise? How is one store handing out vouchers but the others aren't? The 3080 launch is understandable given the unknown. But this should've been expected with the 3090. Nonetheless congrats to those getting cards!
  • Hey guys, just got home from the Micro Center in Denver. The Store Manager came out and told us that they only got 10 of the 3090's in, and there are no orders for the 3080 or 3090 for the rest of the week. There's already more than 10 people there, so if you're in Denver, try your hand at the EVGA release at 7 AM tomorrow
  • Dallas location 7 confirmed. 2 or 3 more may arrive in the morning.  Obviously there are more then 10 people lined up already so.... GG. Congrats to ones who will get the cards tho!
  • Lukeab02
    Options
    Any word on Mayfield Ohio location yet?
  • LouVizz
    Options
    I'm only looking for the founders or FTW 3 myself, doesn't seem like they will have either of those models at microcenter at launch so gunna have to fight the internet for them at 9am. Last thing I wanted to do was sleep outside in Yonkers tonight anyways lol.
  • Saeroh
    Options
    Those asking about Tustin, the wait is more than 100 people already in the list. Respect to those whos waiting, i just dont think i can. Good luck everyone!
  • Agent707
    Options
    Current Tustin list 
  • Hahaha confirmed 10 to 15% faster than 3080 over twice the price. Im out. Enjoy wasting that money plus the time you took off work. 
    So salty...
  • Yoooo I wonder how many cards Cali will get. 80-something last week, right? 
  • alexboba
    Options
    26 cards confirmed for Tustin store
  • June007
    Options
    anyone at NYC yonkers, how's the line?
  • spauls121
    Options
    All 11 3090s for Houston have been accounted for; vouchers have been handed out
  • Good Luck to everyone that is Camping out.  I did it for the 3080 and managed to snag one in Houston.  Steve the manager is a great guy willing to help were he can.  With that being said don't give the guy any crap if you do not receive a card in the morning because there is no supply.  You camp out at your own risk and it won't be his fault on what cards actually show up and how many.
  • Tim0808
    Options
    spauls121 said:

This is really messed up... If they were just going to hand them out to people without having to actually wait the time I would have been their early to...…..
  • spauls121
    Options
    Tim0808 said:
    spauls121 said:

This is really messed up... If they were just going to hand them out to people without having to actually wait the time I would have been their early to...…..
    Keep in mind that the first guy got there at 7pm last night and I (#2) got there at about 11pm
  • LouVizz
    Options
    Tim0808 said:
    spauls121 said:

They did say that they would be handing out vouchers to avoid having lines because of the virus...
  • JohnBRX
    Options
    Agent707 said:
    Current Tustin list 
    Do you know if there is a different Check-in for the 3080?
  • DarthPancho
    Options
    Micro Center manager says nationwide they only got 260 3090’s! 😵
  • EvanH
    Options
    Some stores handing out vouchers and others not. Pretty dope. Well prepared i see. Who could have expected this? Oh wait the same thing happened last week? shocker. People amaze me. Cant just get a blanket policy can we?
  • dkhn9c
    dkhn9c ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    EvanH said:
    Some stores handing out vouchers and others not. Pretty dope. Well prepared i see. Who could have expected this? Oh wait the same thing happened last week? shocker. People amaze me. Cant just get a blanket policy can we?
    How many in line at OP Microcenter? @EvanH
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    dkhn9c said:
    EvanH said:
    dkhn9c said:
    EvanH said:
    I will not be there until 8pm CST when i get off work. My GF has been awesome and got there at 10am to be first and has been holding my place. She just texted me and said about 10 people in line.  Right now they have 8 EVGA XC3's and 2 Asus Tufts but cannot confirm official numbers until 9:30am tomorrow. Seems dumb to me to release the "budget" cards on release day because MOST of us camping are enthusiasts wanting the best card possible. By giving us shit options they are promoting us scalping the budget card and get the FTW3, STRIX, hyrbid down the line and god knows we can make 2-3 times off these cards. This along with different stores having massively different policies is joke. Someone high up within microcenter should answer to this.
  • How is it Microcenters fault that they only received certain cards.  Honestly if I was a higher up there I would let the store manager handle the launch that is happening at His/Her store.  Everyone seems to be angry with the store and company but honestly they are doing the best they can with the circumstances.  Give them some slack.  Want to be mad at someone?  Be mad a NVIDIA.  Also look at the fact that you are the ones standing in line for a card that your mad at the manufacture for not making enough and are still willing to buy it...

I stood in line for the 3080 and got a card at MSRP so I do feel like I can comment on the topic.
  • BluRayHiDef
    Options

My plan was to come here at around 6PM, because a Microcenter employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that people wouldn't start to line up until about 10PM. 

However, I decided to give Microcenter another call today a little after 4PM; the same employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that there were already over ten people waiting for the RTX 3090. 

So, I rushed there via an Uber and wound up being the 18th person in line; I thought that I was safe because the employee told me that there would be about 20 cards, but another employee came out and said that there were only 16 and that they'd hand out vouchers to the first 16 people in line. 

However, I'm going to wait anyway, just in case someone leaves or someone's credit card gets declined or someone doesn't have enough money for whatever models are available when they reach the register.
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Sawyers02 said:
    How is it Microcenters fault that they only received certain cards.  Honestly if I was a higher up there I would let the store manager handle the launch that is happening at His/Her store.  Everyone seems to be angry with the store and company but honestly they are doing the best they can with the circumstances.  Give them some slack.  Want to be mad at someone?  Be mad a NVIDIA.  Also look at the fact that you are the ones standing in line for a card that your mad at the manufacture for not making enough and are still willing to buy it...

I stood in line for the 3080 and got a card at MSRP so I do feel like I can comment on the topic.
    Mostly upset with Nvidia for forcing a release when them or AIB's were not ready to have decent semi fair amount of stock. But hearing some people get a voucher and then get to go sleep in their car and still get a card while others sit in a chair or on cement rain or shine does not sit well with me. There should be a set equal and fair policy. Why some people get treated better at this microcenter than at another one? I am not mad... i am getting a 3090 in the morning. I am sad for the gaming community as i want to share this with more than 20 people in my city. Nvidia has made a toxic scalper happy market and AIB's only releasing their "Budget" cards is not helping one little bit. 
  • Jin_3482
    Options
    So what's Denver like now again, did people leave? xD
  • Agent707
    Options
    JohnBRX said:
    Agent707 said:
    Current Tustin list 
    Do you know if there is a different Check-in for the 3080?
    Yeah, they have a separate 3080, but don't know what the logistics are for that. Good luck!
  • Ganom
    Options
    Anyone know if Parkville has a line yet?
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99