RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• Lightning said:
    Anyone know the situation over at the Houston Microcenter?
    Last I saw someone post was 18+ people a few hours ago 
  • asd6789
    Options
    Snoba77 said:
    Hello just got to Tustin store.  I was #51 
    Thanks! Does this mean they have more than 40 cards that another Tustin poster implied?
  • Nafeasonto
    edited September 2020
    Options
    How the hell do you only send 12 cards to the biggest retailer in the country? This REAKS of NVIDIA BS. 
  • Duswin
    Options
    Conrad said:
    17 in line here at Sharonville (Cincinnati) 

So im hearing on reddit from someone that was there eariler in the day that the sharonville store only has 8 3080s, gonna be some sad people
  • Westbury, NY only guaranteed 2 3080s the 2 vouchers are already given out. That’s right ONLY 2 GPUs. Deadass fucking bullshit.
  • Has anyone heard anything about the Westmont store? Someone on Reddit said there was only 2 cards lol
  • Conrad
    Options
    Duswin said:
    Conrad said:

are there any signs saying how many cards they have?? Is there still hope for me to speed up there lol

apparently there are only 10 in the store. The manager just left and told some people that, and that they are getting 5 more tomorrow. I’m number 16 but idc haha how often does one have a reason to wait overnight at a store :p I need a new psu any way so it’s not a total loss if I don’t get one 
  • Conrad
    Options
    Duswin said:
    Conrad said:

are there any signs saying how many cards they have?? Is there still hope for me to speed up there lol

apparently there are only 10 in the store. The manager just left and told some people that, and that they are getting 5 more tomorrow. I’m number 16 but idc haha how often does one have a reason to wait overnight at a store :p I need a new psu any way so it’s not a total loss if I don’t get one 
  • Kazumha
    Options
    Lightning said:
    Anyone know the situation over at the Houston Microcenter?
    I'm heading there now ill post after I arrive.
  • stlmikey
    Options
    Anyone at Brentwood location? Curious what they have :)
  • elcid_777
    Options
    Saeroh said:
    Tustin is now full with 40+ people on the list approved by the managers of MC. The check in times for the list is at 9 pm, 11pm, 2 am, then 6 am. Anyone who fails to check in loses their spot. No need to wait in lines, just sign in, check in, nap in car. 

According to managers, there is a new shipment tomorrow. It might be more 3080 cards or it could be nothing. But he said he will keep us updated. 

Good luck everyone!
    Full as in "that's all", or is it still possible to get on the list if I show up at 6am? confused. 
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Felicity said:
    okie dokie guess I'll stay home
    I guess I could leave right now?
    I'll join you haha, but seriously, if there's 50 people and they have 85 cards, there is a good chance we can get one still....right?
  • elcid_777 said:
    Saeroh said:
    Tustin is now full with 40+ people on the list approved by the managers of MC. The check in times for the list is at 9 pm, 11pm, 2 am, then 6 am. Anyone who fails to check in loses their spot. No need to wait in lines, just sign in, check in, nap in car. 

According to managers, there is a new shipment tomorrow. It might be more 3080 cards or it could be nothing. But he said he will keep us updated. 

Good luck everyone!
    Full as in "that's all", or is it still possible to get on the list if I show up at 6am? confused. 
    This is actually insane, how do you only send 12 cards to the biggest launch for NVIDIA. This makes no sense. 
  • korp
    Options
    Just spoke with an employee at the Tustin microcenter. He said that there are 85 cards available. I asked him about the check in system, and he said there isn't one and that vouchers will be handed out at 7AM on a first come first serve basis. I can confirm there were about 40-50 people in line already.
  • Felicity
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    Saeroh said:

Good luck everyone!

i ran the numbers 
    they are pretty much proportionate to the populations of the relative counties and city of the locations 

NY gets screwed by being split up where california's location got a bunch at once for being the only one, makes sense a bit, as does the population density for the rest + how many cards are reported 
    roughly 4-5 cards per million people lol, nyc seems to be an undercut outlier for its density

I'm not able to go sit there and check in 3 times tonight I have coursework so kinda lame game mc is playing this game + no pricing yet so ill just wait i guess 
  • Patches
    Options
    Mayfield heights is pretty empty right now if anyone wondered
  • SuR_GalaHad
    Options
    racer said:
    The st davids store has 1 msi and 10 evga
    Whats the line look like at St davids now? Im deceiding on going there or camping a Bestbuy for a FE card.
  • Snoba77 said:
    Is there more than 20 cards? Is it worth going? 
  • Patches
    Options
    Patches said:
    Mayfield heights is pretty empty right now if anyone wondered
    Scratch that, it went from 2 to 7 
  • korp said:
    Just spoke with an employee at the Tustin microcenter. He said that there are 85 cards available. I asked him about the check in system, and he said there isn't one and that vouchers will be handed out at 7AM on a first come first serve basis. I can confirm there were about 40-50 people in line already.
    how are you speaking to people? aren't all stores across the country closed at this point lol
  • Duswin
    Options
    korp said:
    how are you speaking to people? aren't all stores across the country closed at this point lol

apparently there were managers or employees hanging around for a bit at some stores.
  • elcid_777
    Options
    rem1x said:
    Saeroh said:

Good luck everyone!
    so I live an hour away. I simply go there to Tustin and sign in and I can come back at 9am or so?
    wondering the same and also live an hour away. do we just go, and sign in?? is the tustin store paying employees to work all night just to take care of those who come by and want a card??? im afraid to show up, see the huge crowd and have no way of "signing in". who takes the sign ins??
  • Still no updates on the Westmont, Illinois store yet? 
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Saeroh said:
    Like i said, you have to check in at the check in times, or your name will be removed from the list. You cannot just sign in and leave. You can if you can make it back to every check in time. For me, im just going to nap with an alarm for every check in time
    wait a minute, so they're asking people to pull  an all nighter and "check in" at each of their designated time slots?? that's even crazier. i thought you meant to check in at one of the times and just wait in the car until your up. im confused!
  • Still no updates on the Westmont, Illinois store yet? 
    Just stopped up there, there were 10 people ion line.
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Snoba77 said:
    what's the procedure to get on the list? they have someone actively checking people in? im confused about the time slots. someone said , 9pm, 11pm 2am and 6am. what does that even mean? show up at any one of those time slots and you'll get a spot for a card?

what if i already missed the 9pm slot? even if i show up for the 11pm slot, that means i already lost my chance at getting one??? wth
  • OFalk280
    Options
    Still no updates on the Westmont, Illinois store yet? 
    Any word on how many on hand?
  • OFalk280 said:
    I was told there was a sign up that they would only have 10 cards but the sign was taken down. So they wont know what stock they will have till it comes in.
  • OFalk280
    Options
    OFalk280 said:
    I was told there was a sign up that they would only have 10 cards but the sign was taken down. So they wont know what stock they will have till it comes in.
    Ooooof very not promising...especially since they're waiting on the shipment it sounds like. Anyone get word from the Chicago location?
  • Adalewyr
    Options
    Right, well for all the Dallas people, you have one less person to worry about. I'm going to just be the F5 warrior.  Sounds like the possibilities are nil to none for my arrival at the shop.  Best of luck to you all!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99