RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• elcid_777
    Options
    Felicity said:
    i ran the numbers 
    they are pretty much proportionate to the populations of the relative counties and city of the locations 

NY gets screwed by being split up where california's location got a bunch at once for being the only one, makes sense a bit, as does the population density for the rest + how many cards are reported 
    roughly 4-5 cards per million people lol, nyc seems to be an undercut outlier for its density

I'm not able to go sit there and check in 3 times tonight I have coursework so kinda lame game mc is playing this game + no pricing yet so ill just wait i guess 
    Thanks for that, it makes sense when you put it into perspective like that. a lot of sense. yeah, micro center tustin is handling this like a total sh1t show as expected. there seems to be contradicting information being given here about tustin though. where one or two claim a check in system is in place, someone else just said no check in system is in place and vouchers will be handed out at 7am...wtf. who or what to believe. I almost want to bite the bullet and take my ass out there right now, but someone also said you must check in like 4 different times or they pull you off the list. I already missed the 9pm time slot so i guess even i show up by 11pm and check in then, no dice. 
  • elcid_777 said:
    Snoba77 said:
    Hello just got to Tustin store.  I was #51 
    what's the procedure to get on the list? they have someone actively checking people in? im confused about the time slots. someone said , 9pm, 11pm 2am and 6am. what does that even mean? show up at any one of those time slots and you'll get a spot for a card?

what if i already missed the 9pm slot? even if i show up for the 11pm slot, that means i already lost my chance at getting one??? wth

Once you're here and on the list there's gonna be roll calls at those times to make sure everyone's still here so it's fair and take people off the list that don't show up.  At 6 we'll all line up in order of the list to get vouchers at 7.  The voucher guarantees you a card, but not a particular card so if you want to pick your model then you stay in line till the store opens.
  • Kazumha said:
    Lightning said:
    Anyone know the situation over at the Houston Microcenter?
    I'm heading there now ill post after I arrive.
    please do update. 
  • Still no updates on the Westmont, Illinois store yet? 
    Just stopped up there, there were 10 people ion line.
    Did you happen to hear what stock was like?
  • Lucy
    Options
    Anything going on in Sharonville microcenter ? 
  • elcid_777
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    Snoba77 said:
    what's the procedure to get on the list? they have someone actively checking people in? im confused about the time slots. someone said , 9pm, 11pm 2am and 6am. what does that even mean? show up at any one of those time slots and you'll get a spot for a card?

what if i already missed the 9pm slot? even if i show up for the 11pm slot, that means i already lost my chance at getting one??? wth

Once you're here and on the list there's gonna be roll calls at those times to make sure everyone's still here so it's fair and take people off the list that don't show up.  At 6 we'll all line up in order of the list to get vouchers at 7.  The voucher guarantees you a card, but not a particular card so if you want to pick your model then you stay in line till the store opens.
    what if i leave now? im about an hour away from tustin, could i still check in at 11pm and the rest of the time slots and be good? i missed the 9pm check in by this point, obviously. btw, thanks for the info! highly appreciated.
  • karally
    Options
    I was on Elston ave in Chicago 20 minutes ago. At the moment they only have 2 cards, maybe it will be plus 10 on the morning. 6 people in line
  • anyone know the line status at Duluth, GA
  • Duswin
    Options
    Lucy said:
    Anything going on in Sharonville microcenter ? 

yup, previous poster said their was already 16 people in line and only 7-10 supposed cards at the store. Nvidia basically lied this is a paper launch it seems
  • Sparksz
    Options
    So Tustin store has a sign in list, confirmed with MC staff onsite. 85 cards. The sign-in list will have check-ins at 9pm, 11pm, 2am. If you arent there, you will be removed. Unfortunately the list is full right now.
  • NarumiHayaashi
    edited September 2020
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    Snoba77 said:

elcid_777 said:
    Felicity said:
    i ran the numbers 
    they are pretty much proportionate to the populations of the relative counties and city of the locations 

NY gets screwed by being split up where california's location got a bunch at once for being the only one, makes sense a bit, as does the population density for the rest + how many cards are reported 
    roughly 4-5 cards per million people lol, nyc seems to be an undercut outlier for its density

I'm not able to go sit there and check in 3 times tonight I have coursework so kinda lame game mc is playing this game + no pricing yet so ill just wait i guess 
    Thanks for that, it makes sense when you put it into perspective like that. a lot of sense. yeah, micro center tustin is handling this like a total sh1t show as expected. there seems to be contradicting information being given here about tustin though. where one or two claim a check in system is in place, someone else just said no check in system is in place and vouchers will be handed out at 7am...wtf. who or what to believe. I almost want to bite the bullet and take my ass out there right now, but someone also said you must check in like 4 different times or they pull you off the list. I already missed the 9pm time slot so i guess even i show up by 11pm and check in then, no dice. 
    It's like HiHungry said. There is a list in place. The list is being handled by the first few people in line who figured it was a disaster and started the list proactively. They are people who have stepped up in this time of craziness and I thank them for doing that. I signed in at 8:15 and was #69 on the list. At 9pm (now) they are going to do roll call and make sure people that signed in are still here. If not you get booted. Rinse and repeat at 11pm, 2am then at 6AM the store will have an employee hand out vouchers for the cards. This is the information I know for a fact. Also fact. The store has signs posted saying there are 85 confirmed cards in stock. So once the list hits 85, well hope someone doesn't show up for roll call?
    Edit: list is full
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Sparksz said:
    So Tustin store has a sign in list, confirmed with MC staff onsite. 85 cards. The sign-in list will have check-ins at 9pm, 11pm, 2am. If you arent there, you will be removed. Unfortunately the list is full right now.
    so there's over 85 people now?? what a sh1t show. shame on micro center tustin for basically forcing the people to create their own system....and who knows if the first people who created it are even trust worthy..man this is madness. thank you nvidia for doing a paper launch and artificially limiting stock to create hype and inflate prices later on ...smh. 

• In case anyone was wondering about Tustin.
  • qwertytheasdf
    edited September 2020
    Options
     Houston is GG. 
  • elcid_777 said:
    elcid_777 said:
    Snoba77 said:

what if i leave now? im about an hour away from tustin, could i still check in at 11pm and the rest of the time slots and be good? i missed the 9pm check in by this point, obviously. btw, thanks for the info! highly appreciated.

We already have more people than guaranteed cards so if you come now you'd go on the wait list to see if people leave.
  •  Houston is GG. 
    do you know how many cards they will have in stock?
  • Duff2087
    Options
    Patches said:
    Patches said:
    Mayfield heights is pretty empty right now if anyone wondered
    Scratch that, it went from 2 to 7 

So the bulk of people didn't arrive till after close? I'll still be there well before then but just curious.
  • elcid_777
    Options
    We already have more people than guaranteed cards so if you come now you'd go on the wait list to see if people leave.
    ok, so im assuming this means there's over 85 people there now. absolute madness. i doubt anyone who checked in already will opt out. the odds are very low, guess im taking my chance with F5 and my best buy. 
  • bellylint said:
     Houston is GG. 
    less than 20 and there's at least that many ppl in line.
  • Kazumha
    Options
    15 and not giving vouchers until 6am no sign in at houston
  • Lightning
    Lightning
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    bellylint said:
     Houston is GG. 
    hell, you know how many cards there’ll be?
  • bellylint said:
     Houston is GG. 
    less than 20 and there's at least that many ppl in line.
    Thanks for sharing. 
    Kind of sad that Tustin gets 85 but the Houston location gets less than 20. 👍🏼
  • thanks for the update houston peeps
  • xGordy
    Options
    anyword on Parkville in MD, planned on going at 4AM, but not sure if there is already a line for them.
  • any updates in the ny areas?
  • any update for Duluth 
  • Keystone
    Options
    Made an account just to give y'all a Duluth, GA update. 

People started in the parking lot, then moved up to the front of the store. By the time they got to 13-14 I wasn't going to wait when some stores are only getting 12 units. I know Atlanta has a decent population, but it surely doesn't have the gamer population of CA or NY. Plus, I was looking at spot 13-14, I think there were at least 16 people out front not including people vouching for others in their car.
  • SuR_GalaHad
    Options
    Hows it looking in St Davids?
  • Bunches
    Options
    This sign at Cambridge. There is already 13+ here
  • Senselessed
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Westmont IL - 15 people in line.
    they had a sign that said they had only 10 units, but they took it down before close and wrote down “very limited stock, first come first serve” instead. What this means is up to interpretation, do they have more, do they have less, or rather not be direct about how many units to avoid disappointing? But that’s the current status.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99