RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• Juliann6 said:
    In NY, the flushing store has 12 cards and 12+ ppl are lined up. Was informed that the brooklyn site (current location) has no set card amount, there is 18+ of us here and we hope the have 20 cards or at least 12 ( I'm #15 wish me luck). Westbury is said to only have 2 cards with an early shipment of more, don't know how many are there other than 2+ ppl are already there.
    how do you know about the flushing location?
    I went there first and they said my best chance was at brooklyn, it's a 20min drive in the middle of the night with no traffic
  • NYPC
    Options
    Still nothing on Patterson? 
    One of the earlier pictures of people camping was the NJ location. You can tell by the lowes and gas station right across the street. 
  • AntzC
    Options
    Well MicroCenter is pretty much a bust, I have a feeling BestBuy will be too. 
    best buys will get maybe 1 or 2 I was waiting in front of one in NJ and they came out and toldme to leave and come back at 630aam lol
    Where in NJ, if you don't mind my asking?
    Just got to the jersey microcenter at 1am i was already late 20 people here already more showing up now. Also despite being 20 in line I was like 24 or 25 because people kept showing up who were filling in next to their friends who were waiting in line. In my opinion not worth it there is talk the paterson location might get a restock mid day but I'm not waiting around for that chance.

Even if everyone there was lying through there teeth that there wasn't 12 cards in total waiting number 25 is more then even projected amounts from official microcenter employees.
  • NYPC
    Options
    Juliann6 said:
    In NY, the flushing store has 12 cards and 12+ ppl are lined up. Was informed that the brooklyn site (current location) has no set card amount, there is 18+ of us here and we hope the have 20 cards or at least 12 ( I'm #15 wish me luck). Westbury is said to only have 2 cards with an early shipment of more, don't know how many are there other than 2+ ppl are already there.
    how do you know about the flushing location?
    I went there first and they said my best chance was at brooklyn, it's a 20min drive in the middle of the night with no traffic
    I give it to people camping out. I would never camp outside overnight for a GPU. I am not too interested in the 3080.  3090s are my target cards. Still don't think I would wait overnight outside to get one. Thinking there may be less people out for that next week, but probably not. 
  • It's seems like from reading all stores are saturated with people waiting for cards in stores but many stores are getting "early morning shipment". No facts just observation. Good luck to people waking up at 6 A.M. order online
  • AntzC
    Options
    Felicity said:
    elcid_777 said:
    Why are the Tusitn people so fearful?? Ive seen pictures the previous two major launches when things were still normal and neither looked terribly bad. I do not expect a turn out like that for this release for a number of reasons. It's releasing during covid era. It's a workday, weekday.  It's a $800 gpu after tax. Will there be a line? Absolutely. But it isnt going to be like some are imagining. One thing thats increasing the anxiety is how poorly the retailers are handling updatea and information regarding the aystems theyll have in place. I am not camping out. Not showing up at midnight. There will be no need. 
    if i knew how many they were getting, i could compare it to how many people have stated interest in the thread, then extrapolate that out to the 13 million people within an hour/1.5 hour drive. I would say if you are heading towards irvine from any direction maybe avoid 7-8am driving since the 5 and 405 will be an absolute mess, I'm not gonna bother with midnight but prolly 6-7am if we get news 8-9am if we don't but i'll be checking periodically, I just don't like being unable to bayes' it out

I wouldn't be so confident. Paterson new jersey aint the safest place to go to at 12am especially driving there with all the police in bergen or on the highway yet turnout was huge. If a ton of people were showing up pre 12am I can't imagine how busy Tustin might be in cali.
  • Wow this launch is absolute BS.  Sick of NVIDIA causing artificial scarcity.
  • Does anyone have any idea when the second batch would be arriving after this? Or am I looking for a month or more wait if I miss the online window?
  • Snewpy
    Options
    Is it even worth it going to the Bk location at this point?
  • SuR_GalaHad
    SuR_GalaHad ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Welp if I dont get a 3080 today at least I successfully pre ordered a ps5 so I got at least 1 dub  :smiley:
  • elcid_777
    Options
    There will be second batches later the same day coming reddit, people who are there now. But probably not in all locations. 
    Anyone in Tustin know if there will be a second shippment tomorrow? Tustin is supposed to have the largest stock of 3080, so I wonder if more. What are my cha ces of getting one after 9am?
  • Anybody know what’s going on in Bridgeton st.louis???
  • Jjacksterup
    edited September 2020
    Options
  • Jjacksterup
    edited September 2020
    Options
    No, @Snewpy edit: sorry messing up the post I am tired
  • Daviid
    Daviid
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    There will be second batches later the same day coming reddit, people who are there now. But probably not in all locations. 
    Anyone in Tustin know if there will be a second shippment tomorrow? Tustin is supposed to have the largest stock of 3080, so I wonder if more. What are my cha ces of getting one after 9am?
    There’s 85 cards here but there’s a list of people already and there’s some waiting on the waitlist. Might have a second batch in the morning but highly doubt it due to Tustin having so much stock.
  • Snewpy
    Options
    No, @Snewpy edit: sorry messing up the post I am tired
    Is there even more people now?
  • Catdag123 said:
    Anyone got a update on Tustin, is it even worth trying to come now or will it most likely be too late?
    It is too late. The 85 that the store has have been claimed by the list. There is a wait list and at last roll call 6 people got onto the list. This will be 3rd roll call at 2am and if people are there for the 1st 2 your chances are slim.
  • Catdag123 said:
    Anyone got a update on Tustin, is it even worth trying to come now or will it most likely be too late?
    I just drove by, there’s a ton of people outside, don’t bother. Heard they only have 10.
    Please read one or 2 pages back and look at the facts posted. Tustin has 85, posted by the store itself. As proof, a picture.

• JerseyXS97
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Just looked at the Denver store out of curiosity. The line wasn't crazy long (About 15 vehicles) but it was also 11pm that I checked it.

I'm going for the 3090 next week so I should probably get there even earlier. Probably will before the stores closes.

I can work remotely so I've got that going at least. Just grab a comfy chair, a warm jacket, my laptop, and a controller and I'll be set~
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    So I'm at a Best Buy in Jersey and I don't see any signs or anything. Dead quiet. No idea if it's even worth waiting for them to open honestly but I don't really have any other options. If I'm lucky someone will show up early and I can ask them.
  • flushing is full i went earlier :(
  • At microcenter in Mayfield heights. About 15 ppl in line. No word on how many cards they are expecting. 
  • Shibumi
    Options
    Anybody know what’s going on in Bridgeton st.louis???
    I’m currently in line at The Bridgeton store. We were told by the manager that they have 12 cards (10 EVGA, 2 Msi), with 5 more Msi cards scheduled for delivery at an unknown time. They’re going to give out vouchers for the 12 cards they have in stock at 7am. There’s currently about 17 people in line. 
  • Juliann6
    Options
    how can a store in a the queens borough in New York City only have 13 cards? Shouldn't there be more common sense to that?
  • Chapelte
    Options
    What’s it look like at the Westmont location. Just got out of work and I’m debating wether or not to head out there.
  • Necro
    Necro
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    For Tustin, are they doing roll call for those on the 85 like those on the waitlist? Or are they just permanently on the list? 
  • Leo_U
    Options
    Chapelte said:
    What’s it look like at the Westmont location. Just got out of work and I’m debating wether or not to head out there.
    Line of maybe about 25 or so.
    sign at front door doesn’t say a specific amount of cards available, 
  • any updates on westbury long island?
  • asd6789
    Options
    Necro said:
    For Tustin, are they doing roll call for those on the 85 like those on the waitlist? Or are they just permanently on the list? 
    Tustin roll call has been as stringent for normal 85-list as wait-list.
  • azasadny
    Options
    Does anyone know how many are in line at the Madison Heights, MI location? Thanks in advance!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99