NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• Questions:
    1) The Micro Center post says the following:
    "We are expecting a very limited quantity of cards for the RTX 3090 launch on Thursday 24th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store."
    Do you guys think that's 20 cards total? Or 20 per manufacturer?
    2) Do we know whether Micro Center will have the Asus ROG Strix 3090 on launch day? I know they only had the Asus TUF 3080 when the 3080s launched.
    3) More of a fun question because I know it's impossible to know - how early do you guys think I need to show up at the Denver Micro Center to snag a 3090?

• 3) More of a fun question because I know it's impossible to know - how early do you guys think I need to show up at the Denver Micro Center to snag a 3090?

In Kansas City for 3080 launch by 9pm the night before there were already 4-6 people in line. So i would think pretty much any store is at least 13 hours camping out front to have a decent shot. The longer the better. Honestly would not be surprised to see people already out front doing 2 night camp outs. It is a big deal performance wise even coming from a 2080ti and that with the hype is insane. You also have people who pay the neighbor kid $75 to wait in line overnight then they show up at 10am take the kids place buys a 3090 and resells it for hundreds over what he just paid and makes a quick and easy money. It is a brutal world and restocking rumors have not been good, possibly 2 months until more arrive. People are also camping out almost daily for restocks of the 3080 so who knows how long it will be until you can walk in to the store mid day and grab a card off the shelf. I doubt any time soon. I am going the night before for the 3090 and hoping to be in the top 10. 
  • Questions:
    1) The Micro Center post says the following:
    "We are expecting a very limited quantity of cards for the RTX 3090 launch on Thursday 24th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store."
    Do you guys think that's 20 cards total? Or 20 per manufacturer?
    2) Do we know whether Micro Center will have the Asus ROG Strix 3090 on launch day? I know they only had the Asus TUF 3080 when the 3080s launched.
    3) More of a fun question because I know it's impossible to know - how early do you guys think I need to show up at the Denver Micro Center to snag a 3090?

Won't be any Rog Strix or any top ones like that.  Seeing as how the stores had less than 20 3080's at most locations, it'll likely be similar or worse.
  • I think ROG Strix are being released at the end of the month
  • Is the Sharonville location getting 3080s back in stock?  Is it just luck to know when?
  • Any updates on if/how many 3090's MC might get in per store? With the late review NDA and a couple of other retailers pushing back their 3090 release, just wondering if MC is still planning on carrying them on release. 
  • cucuchu said:
    Any updates on if/how many 3090's MC might get in per store? With the late review NDA and a couple of other retailers pushing back their 3090 release, just wondering if MC is still planning on carrying them on release. 
    From what I've heard, we're still expecting to have them on release. We recently updated our FAQ.

Q.) How many will you have in stock?

A.) We are expecting a very limited quantity of cards for the RTX 3090 launch on Thursday 24th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store.  We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

• Is the Sharonville location getting 3080s back in stock?  Is it just luck to know when?
    We're still working as hard to get the 3080s in stock as quickly as we can!
  • Just went to Micro Center Tustin location today. Already about 10 people in line since this morning.
  • LandShark said:
    cucuchu said:
    Any updates on if/how many 3090's MC might get in per store? With the late review NDA and a couple of other retailers pushing back their 3090 release, just wondering if MC is still planning on carrying them on release. 
    From what I've heard, we're still expecting to have them on release. We recently updated our FAQ.

A.) We are expecting a very limited quantity of cards for the RTX 3090 launch on Thursday 24th. We anticipate quantities of less than 20 per store.  We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

But can you please answer the question I posed above? Does 20 mean 20 3090s total, or 20 of each manufacturer SKU?
    Also, do you happen to know whether Micro Center will carry the ROG Strix 3090s on launch?
  • LandShark said:
    cucuchu said:

But can you please answer the question I posed above? Does 20 mean 20 3090s total, or 20 of each manufacturer SKU?
    Also, do you happen to know whether Micro Center will carry the ROG Strix 3090s on launch?
    Im going to assume less than 20 total, not 20 for each sku. They said the same thing about the 3080 launch and the microcenter near me had 2 total at launch and another shipment of 11 come in later that day. 
  • I think Nvidia should have waited on the release. This has been a nightmare nor am I looking forward to sitting outside for 16 hours but that is the only way right now. All Nvidia have done is make a scalpers market. They should have waited until stock is somewhat reasonable not each store getting roughly 10 that is like a limited of a limited release type numbers. They knew the launch was going to be huge everyone at home right now and a $500 3070 equaling the performance of a $1200 plus 2080Ti. Sure I am going to go spend $1600 plus on a 3090 but finally performance per cost semi makes sense.  Either way with AMD likely still the knock off budget builder card Nvidia can legit do ANYTHING they want and it won't hurt them. Sad story. 
  • is anyone at the Tustin location waiting for 3090 yet? I'm also wondering when we will know for sure if the Asus Strix will be there in launch day  Asus hasn't said anything about a 3090 Strix delay? they said the 3080 Strix was delayed but not 3090?
  • Reedith said:
    is anyone at the Tustin location waiting for 3090 yet? I'm also wondering when we will know for sure if the Asus Strix will be there in launch day  Asus hasn't said anything about a 3090 Strix delay? they said the 3080 Strix was delayed but not 3090?
    The other thread here https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/4542/rtx-3000-series-micro-center-discussion-faq/p34 has someone saying there's already a line in the Tustin location.
  • Reedith said:
    is anyone at the Tustin location waiting for 3090 yet? I'm also wondering when we will know for sure if the Asus Strix will be there in launch day  Asus hasn't said anything about a 3090 Strix delay? they said the 3080 Strix was delayed but not 3090?
    I think the safe bet is all top top top top top end cards will be out at a later date. EVGA FTW3, hybrid, kngpin, Asus ROG Strix. Any of the $1800 3090's I would expect at a later date. I expect them to have EVGA XC cards, ASUS TUF, and some MSI (idk the msi brand well) as this is what they had at 3080 launch and only best buy has the FE.

Honestly since Nvidia is being D bags ill likely just make $500-$1,000 of selling whatever 3090 i get at launch and getting a hybrid or whatever card I truly want down the line. Right now my Pimax and triple 1440p 144hz monitors are choking hard my 2080 super SLI.

People say they can't get 30 series cards and they can they just won't or can't pay 2x the price on a marketplace when others can and will. We can all thank Nvidia for this.
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Reedith said:
    I would hope not. There has to be some sanity involved. What is next? people showing up days in advance and park an RV right out front and live blocking the entrance to microcenter for 3 days? I play to go out tomorrow the 23rd at about 6-7pm and hope to be in the top 3-10 people. I wont wait for 15 hours not knowing if i would get a card. If they say we have 10 and i am 7 in line i will stay. This is just sad this is how it is going to be. Kicking people out of line because they have to go to the bathroom and dont have someone to hold there spot along with other crappy behavior will no doubt be going on as we are legit fighting over maybe 20-60 cards per city and thousands wanting them. It will be ugly no doubt.

i camped out for the very first iphone and got the first one but people later that week were able to walk into the store and buy one as they had the stock. This is how a launch should be. What Nvidia is doing is sick and driving a market of negativity and scalping. But like I said before if you want the best card you have no choice but to buy a 3090 so..... hands tied.  
  • Pretty sure stores are getting like 5 of them. So stupid.
  • We are in Denver, and there have been people here camping out since Monday Morning for the 3090. i am kind of sad that you do not get the FE at Microcenter, as that is the one i wanted. i hope my store gets 5 or more of the offbrand (lol), because we are 4th/5th in line (my bro and i are camping, and there are currently 12 people in line as of 5pm on 9/22). i heard one store only got three 3080s which is insane. i really hope they put the number on the door the night before like last time, or at least tells people if they should leave or not. i heard 200 people showed up to the denver store for the 3080, and only 30 got them at opening, and then another 30 showed up on a shipment, and then 5 more later in the day. i want one super bad, and didnt even try for the 3080. the 3090 is the dream card.  
  • Jdb believed I talked to you, I was in the white truck. Im shocked there is that many people in line, was tempted to come back there, but im pretty sure they only getting 5. Or I would come there.
  • JDB5280 said:
    We are in Denver, and there have been people here camping out since Monday Morning for the 3090. i am kind of sad that you do not get the FE at Microcenter, as that is the one i wanted. i hope my store gets 5 or more of the offbrand (lol), because we are 4th/5th in line (my bro and i are camping, and there are currently 12 people in line as of 5pm on 9/22). i heard one store only got three 3080s which is insane. i really hope they put the number on the door the night before like last time, or at least tells people if they should leave or not. i heard 200 people showed up to the denver store for the 3080, and only 30 got them at opening, and then another 30 showed up on a shipment, and then 5 more later in the day. i want one super bad, and didnt even try for the 3080. the 3090 is the dream card.  

Give ya 500 for 5th spot in line lol.
  • I never really see Minneapolis mentioned so just to give an update, I passed by earlier tonight and it looks like at least one person had already began the camp out. I’ll probably be showing up in the morning.
  • LandShark said:
    Is the Sharonville location getting 3080s back in stock?  Is it just luck to know when?
    We're still working as hard to get the 3080s in stock as quickly as we can!
    Will the in stock numbers update before the store opens? I live ~25 mins away and don't want to drive out there for a chance every morning. Are vouchers still being given out for the 3080? If so, I'm screwed because I'm not going to go camp out every night just to get one. Any estimates on what day/how many would be greatly appreciated.
  • What's it looking like at the Denver store right now? Specifically JDB5280
  • LandShark said:
    [FAQ Updated 2.20pm ET Mon 9/21]

Did you catch the official launch event on Wednesday, where NVIDIA announced the new 3070, 3080, and 3090 cards?
    https://youtu.be/E98hC9e__Xs

NVIDIA is making some very impressive claims!

• NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world's fastest, most efficient GPU, the all-new Ampere SM, brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
    • 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
    • 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. Now with support for up to 8K resolution, these cores deliver a massive boost in-game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
    • G6X Memory: This is the world's fastest graphics memory on the GeForce RTX 3090 and RTX 3080.
    • World's First 8K HDR Gaming GPU, Powered by AI: The GeForce RTX 3090 lets you play, capture, and watch your games in brilliant 8K HDR. It features new DLSS 8K gaming, HDMI 2.1 for single-cable connectivity to 8K TVs, GeForce Experience support for 8K HDR game capture, and AV1 decode for efficient playback of 8K HDR streamed video.

I can't wait to upgrade! Coming from a GTX 1080 ti, the boost in performance will be tremendous, and I can't wait to see 2nd Gen RTX. I'll be upgrading to the RTX 3080. For me, the 3080 fits perfectly into my budget for my work and play. I've watched NVIDIA announcements in the past; however, the 3000 series launch was different for me, and I felt that I was witnessing a moment that will be remembered.

(Image Courtesy NVIDIA Official Launch Event)

Be sure to bookmark this post by clicking the star at the top right to easily check back, as we'll be updating this post once we know more about availability!

(Image Courtesy NVIDIA Official Launch Event)

I can't wait to see how these cards benchmark and how they perform, especially after Jensen showed us the significant performance increase. The multipliers are based on 4k gameplay in multiple popular games. In the launch event, NVIDIA shows the 3090 handling 8k gameplay smoothly, which is absolutely mindblowing. It's always interesting to see what Jensen has been cooking, and I'm excited about the future of PC gaming.

What are your thoughts on the new NVIDIA 3000 series cards?
    What's your current GPU, and why are you upgrading? 😊

FAQ: Availability for NVIDIA RTX 3000 Series Graphics Cards

We know demand for these new graphics cards is high. We’re working hard to make these new, exciting products available to as many customers as we can. Please see below for answers to popular questions. You may also post your question here and we’ll do our best to respond quickly.

Q.) Will you have the 3070/3080/3090 cards on the release dates?

A.) Yes, we will have a variety of top brand RTX 3000 cards available on their respective launch dates:

RTX 3080        Thursday, September 17th

RTX 3090        Thursday, September 24th

RTX 3070        Thursday, October 15th

Q.) What RTX3000 graphics cards will be available?

A.)  We will have RTX 3000 series graphics cards from our top vendors: ASUS, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA, and MSI, including gaming and overclocked models.

Q.) How much will the 3000 Series video cards cost?

A.) Up-to-date pricing will be posted in the graphics cards category on the website once they’re available.

Store Related Questions

Q.) Are you doing pre-orders?

A.) At this time, we will not be offering pre-orders.

Q.) Will I be able to reserve or buy them online?
    A.) We will not be offering reservations for in-store pick-up, or shipping for these video cards due to the high demand.  

Q.) How many vouchers will be handed out?

A.) Stores will be handing out vouchers for the cards in stock at that location.

Q.) Are you planning to open early on the release dates?

A.) We will be operating with regular store hours from 10am-9pm M-S and 11am-6pm Sunday. 

Q.) What are you doing to handle demand?

A.) Given the current pandemic, we want to avoid having lines outside of the store in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. We ask that you continue to do your part in following CDC social distancing guidelines.

Q.) Can I buy more than one? 

A.) We will be limiting purchases at this time to one per household. With limited availability, we want all of our customers to have a chance to be a part of this new product release.

Q.) Were Micro Center Associates able to buy the new graphics cards?

A.) As with many high demand products at launch, we put restrictions on employee purchases for the first 30 days so we can get new products into the hands of our loyal customers.

• Hows it going fellow gamers I am the photographer on sight joining you guys for the wait on the new cards, so update we are ready having over 70 people in line for the new 3090 & around 10+ for the 3080, it is September 23 at 5:56 am, i am the 59th in line for the 3090, yes im trying to capture one these cards as well i wanted to experience this awesome moment and join you guys and capture this through the lense. 

• These two happy campers are waiting for the 3090. Its nice to see people injoying themselves as they wait for this awesome card. 
  • Feldsp4r said:
    LandShark said:
    cucuchu said:

Im going to assume less than 20 total, not 20 for each sku. They said the same thing about the 3080 launch and the microcenter near me had 2 total at launch and another shipment of 11 come in later that day. 
    This is the correct answer. 20 total per store is what I've been told to expect. I'm not sure of what exact cards will be available on release. I'm sure the availability will vary from store to store.
  • Anyone have a number of people at the Dallas location right now?
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99