RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Dary said:
    Jtdelisio said:
    3 GPU's. Wow! No name taking
    You continue coming? Any luck?
    For us it's really the only brick and mortar store that carries them nearby, it's our best bet even though it seems like they only get small and infrequent shipments
  • Does anyone have intel on the Cambridge MA Microcenter? Have they had anything in stock, and if so when is the best time to show up?
  • Dary said:
    At FairFax, at 4am 6th one in line. Wish me luck will update.
    How is it going?
    Update for you. About 30 ppl showed up. Delivery was very short. Only had 3080 Zotac card, kind of feel rough after all that and getting not much to choose from. Heard it was worst for CPUs.
  • DarkDraken said
    Update for you. About 30 ppl showed up. Delivery was very short. Only had 3080 Zotac card, kind of feel rough after all that and getting not much to choose from. Heard it was worst for CPUs.
    Thanks for the follow up, I'm also interested in the Fairfax MC.

Do you know how many cars they got in all? Did you grab the Zotac or will you be going back? My work schedule isn't real compatible with this process but I need a 3080 so I'm trying to get as much info as I can on the local store.
  • John_S13 said:
    DarkDraken said

Do you know how many cars they got in all? Did you grab the Zotac or will you be going back? My work schedule isn't real compatible with this process but I need a 3080 so I'm trying to get as much info as I can on the local store.
    Its rough all I can really say. From what I heard the other day shipment got nothing and today was like one card and one cpu it seem like. Like I said they offered me the Zotac 3080 card today but i declined. I was 6th in line so I can t say about the ppl in front of me. Someone before morning asked the group if they were there for CPUs or GPUs, most were there to get a CPU. A good handful were for both. The manger was really professional about the queing system and stated the delivery are completely random. 
  • Cerkebel said:
    Dary said:
    Jtdelisio said:
    3 GPU's. Wow! No name taking
    You continue coming? Any luck?
    For us it's really the only brick and mortar store that carries them nearby, it's our best bet even though it seems like they only get small and infrequent shipments
    That's why I'm asking. I'm trying to see if they are getting consistent even if it is a small batch. I wouldn't mind getting up one day and making it extremely early if I can get my hands on one. I just don't want to go another 4-5 days 
  • John_S13 said:
    DarkDraken said

Its rough all I can really say. From what I heard the other day shipment got nothing and today was like one card and one cpu it seem like. Like I said they offered me the Zotac 3080 card today but i declined. I was 6th in line so I can t say about the ppl in front of me. Someone before morning asked the group if they were there for CPUs or GPUs, most were there to get a CPU. A good handful were for both. The manger was really professional about the queing system and stated the delivery are completely random. 
    Damm this whole thing is frustrating. Lol thanks for the follow up pal.
  • St. Davids only received 3090s this morning, R.I.P.
  • Cerkebel said:
    St. Davids only received 3090s this morning, R.I.P.
    Same in north Jersey
  • The people at microcenter in Dallas are full of shit when it comes to 3000 series cards. There are tons of scalpers and some of the employees are helping their friends and family scalp the cards. I remember when the crypto boom was happening and you could hardly get a gpu. Microcenter used to make you purchase the card with your personal info, meaning that if you bought one you couldn’t get any other card for 180 days period. MC claims they are trying to prevent scalping but the GM at microcenter in Dallas told me himself they are not tracking who buys them. There is a guy on Facebook who posts cards for sale, several of them all purchased at MC Dallas everyday they come in and some how always gets at least one card. Call it hating if you like but I just want everyone to get a fair shake. I purchased a titan rtx from MC Dallas and it died in a clients machine 90 days later. Warranty gonna take 1-2 months. Wanted to try and get a 3080-90 to replace it and can’t even find one. Opened a better business claim against MC Dallas. Other should complaint as well.
  • How is that something worth claiming to the BBB? RTX Titan is Nvidia.. not MC. You should provide the scalper info to someone at MC instead of complaining about stuff here and letting it continue. Seems like hate to me. Negative complaints without a positive alternative. -__-
  • Dary
    Dary
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    How is that something worth claiming to the BBB? RTX Titan is Nvidia.. not MC. You should provide the scalper info to someone at MC instead of complaining about stuff here and letting it continue. Seems like hate to me. Negative complaints without a positive alternative. -__-
    Maybe, but if they truly did that during the Crypto boom why not do it now? I've been at MC in North Jersey  6 times before 5am and haven't been able to get a single 3080 meanwhile I see at least 4 vendors selling at least 3 each for more than double the price on Facebook. All with MC receipts. So if they already prove that taking their personal info works. Why not do it again.

Not saying they have inside friends helping them. I'm sure they are losing sleep to get them on line. But, again if it worked before.

Today for example, somebody was selling for 50$ the 3090 voucher by 3:00pm. Mean while people that were under the rain for over 3 hours got nothing. 
  • I did complain to the store gm who’s opinion was so what and I did provide info about the people doing the scalping. The point was that if you claim to be anti scalping and claim to be taking measures to prevent it and then admit to not tracking who buys what it’s a double standard. It also is an issue when cards show up on Facebook for sale with a receipt dated for a day when they claim to have gotten no cards yet could somehow sell a few. 
  • I did bring up what MC did during crypto mining and he claimed to know nothing of it even when I showed him a printed email with the policy from back then. I was building rigs for people back then so I had to deal with that.MC was not my source for cards due to the limit but I did buy a card here or there for builds and they priced the cards like 500 bucks for a rx580 8gb card unless you bought like a motherboard and cpu and such to stop the crypto peoples and they kept track of who bought what.
  • It’s the Yonkers NY location. The management was very professional and the people here genuinely were respectful. Except for 1 guy that tried buying someone’s spot. The guy he went up to called him out on it and pretty much embarrassed him enough for him to leave. About 30 people were on the list by the time the store opened.. 
    @Amaredeus what time did you show up at Micro Center Yonkers?  I'm planning on trying to get a 6800XT at launch on Wednesday but I'm not sure if I need to camp out or something in order to get a good place in line for the cards XD

• Does anyone know if the Westbury, NY gets "ANY" cards on a a daily(Tuesdays thru Friday) bases? I really do not want to be at the store at 6 am and not get anything. Looking for either a 3080 or a 3090, i can use either for different builds.
    Thanks
    Raul
  • Any info on amd 6800xt? 
  • @MikeRoius35 Check out our RX 6000 discussion for more info on the 6800 XT
  • MC Chicago is always out of 3000’s, I went today and was told the line was 100+ people (only those in line before 5AM got anything) for RTX 3000’s and AMD Ryzen 9 5900x. There were people camping out for Thursday shipments... amazingly, you can buy at 80-100% markup RTX 3070’s on eBay or StockX purchased at MC Chicago. Same for 5900x’s. 

With everything 2020 going on, scraping/gouging on toilet paper to electronics, you would think that stores would do more for their customers who are the end users. If MC complained directly to NVidia and AMD about scalping, maybe something would actually change. 
  • Are there any 3080's at the Westmont location? Looking to pick one up after work but it's a bit of a drive for me. 
  • looking to buy an rtx 3080 in Tustin, California, when will we have our next restock here in Tustin? : (
  • LlamaTron5000
    edited November 2020
    Since I have the day off, I was thinking of going to the Dallas location tomorrow.  Are people still queuing up before opening?  If so, how long before open are people showing up and is there even a chance of getting a card?
  • Has anyone had success at the Brooklyn or Flushing NY locations recently, specifically for 3070s or 3080s? There were some posts at the beginning of the month but I don't know what the current situation (like are people still lining up super early? Is there a specific day of the week restocking happens? Or is it just "go every day" dice roll?
  • Does anyone know the delivery dates of the Microcenter in Westbury NY? Looking for an Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
  • Has anyone been to the Tustin Micro Center? What is the status on 3070s? It's the last thing I need to buy for my build but I don't want to keep driving out there for nothing 
  • Anyone at Tustin Microcenter? I see they stocked up over 25+ 3080's and have couple of 3090's can anyone confirm a line for black friday? 
  • Does anyone know what the situation is for 3070s at either the Chicago/Elston or Westmont stores? Is it worth it to go and wait in line?
  • Quick update for anyone near Rockville. Went early this morning, got a 3080. The guy here said they got 4 3090s from yesterday, expected 24 3080s, and 4 3070s today. There were like around 18 people waiting so there might be chance for anyone trying to get a card today. 
    What was the situation with waiting? Was it inside or outside of the mall? There are so many entrances.
  • Any info on St. Louis Park, Minnesota? 3080 or 3090
    Kind of went a few times with no luck in shipment. :\
    Hoping to head back this week, hoping Wednesday is a lucky day~ haha
  • Any 3060 ti? At the st. Louis park?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99