RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Dlan said:
    Any 3060 ti? At the st. Louis park?
    They had a decent amount this morning for launch. 
    I know that at least 50+ people along with others who walked in at opening got some. Dunno when they will stock the 3060ti again, but I am sure they will stock up soon. Really hoping tomorrow they will have some 3080s or 3090s hahaha
  • What is the situation with St. Davids? Anyone been there? Specifically for the 3070,  3060 ti 
  • Anyone know if they are getting more 30 series cards today? I was told Wed. and Fri. for restocks.
  • At St. David’s right now. About 9 people in line. I am 3rd or 4th and I’ve been here since about 4:30am. There’s two campers and whatnot for the 6900xt release tomorrow and I myself will be getting a 3070 or 3060 ti (if possible).
  • Update: A gentleman that I assume to be the manager came and told us that 30 of them are “Supposed” to come via FedEx or whatever @ 10:30 am. There are about 20 people lined up. 3060 Ti only.
  • @CyberFonz1984 or anyone that can help, I've been looking around for a 3070 for a while, and I just found microcenter. I'm new to computers and stuff but I know what I want. So I was wondering (based on some previous comments), if I went early on a Wednesday, how well are the chances of me being able to purchase a FE 3070? Thanks for anyone that can help.
  • Any of you guys been to the Flushing NY microcenter recently, or know when they tend to get cards in? Looking for a 3070 or 3060ti. Thanks in advance.
  • Does the Fairfax store ever carry the strix 3080 or 3070?
  • Does the Fairfax store ever carry the strix 3080 or 3070?
    It's in our inventory as something we carry, so it is indeed a card they can get in stock.

• Hello from Denver. Another desperate soul wanting an Asus 3080 Strix. Is it really worth it to go to Microcenter or should I just keep refreshing Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg?
  • Anyone know what are the usual days trucks restock? I went to the one on Flushing on Friday and there was a long line before opening since it was restocked, but Saturday there was no line and no restock.
  • Anyone has an idea on how the New York stores are looking? Just based on searching, it seems like the Yonkers store gets restocks more often but I am not aware of how long people are camping out. Got a week to work with since I will be off from work for the next 10 or so days. So I have a window to work with. Want to get an idea on how the Brooklyn/Queens stores are looking.
  • Does anyone have information on when the Cambridge Ma. Location gets restocked? I’ve been holding off on trying to get a 3080 so I didn’t have to deal with all of this but my current GPU just died and I’m working on a warranty exchange but I have no idea how long this will take and need it for work (currently using a 10yr old laptop ) thanks for any responses!!
  • If I and my brother are both looking for a 3070 or 3080 and live together is there even a point to go wait together?

Can we go on different days or travel to a different micro center!? that is if one of us are able find one in the first place
  • linkodude43
    edited December 2020
    From what I hear, restocking is unpredictable for all retailers with these cards.

That being said, do any customers (or employees) have any idea if it's a viable strategy to just go to Micro Center daily before opening and check if anything has showed up? I live near one, and I'd be willing to do this, but I don't know if I'd just seem totally crazy / if it's a fools errand or not, haha.

Only thing that's unfortunate for me is that I need a 2-slot design from SFF, and Micro Center unfortunately doesn't seem to carry the GIGABYTE Eagle 3070.
  • Any info for regarding rtx 30 series cards at the overland park store? 
  • Anyone know the restock day for the store in Tustin, ca? Or if you can even order it online from there
  • Anyone know if flushing (queens ny) restocked today?
  • They had a ton of cards this morning at the overland park store! 30th in line and still got a 3060. Which i wanted.
  • From what I hear, restocking is unpredictable for all retailers with these cards.

That being said, do any customers (or employees) have any idea if it's a viable strategy to just go to Micro Center daily before opening and check if anything has showed up? I live near one, and I'd be willing to do this, but I don't know if I'd just seem totally crazy / if it's a fools errand or not, haha.

Only thing that's unfortunate for me is that I need a 2-slot design from SFF, and Micro Center unfortunately doesn't seem to carry the GIGABYTE Eagle 3070.
    Definitely check, even getting in line 15 mins before open may get you voucher, at least at the IL stores. 
  • Anyone know the restock day for the store in Tustin, ca? Or if you can even order it online from there
    Sadly stock is quite random to the stores so we don't have a good estimate. We don't sell these cards online and reservations/pre-orders are not available. 
  • Is the website usually not updated with 30 series cards before they get sold out? I have only spotted 30 series cards listed as in stock / limited availability one time. Usually every location says not in stock.

I'm still confused after I asked my last question. Is it worth going and checking in person at opening time, even if the website does not list any as in stock? I've heard some rumors that there is a 2-3 hour delay on the website...

Thank you in advance!
  • Is the website usually not updated with 30 series cards before they get sold out? I have only spotted 30 series cards listed as in stock / limited availability one time. Usually every location says not in stock.

I'm still confused after I asked my last question. Is it worth going and checking in person at opening time, even if the website does not list any as in stock? I've heard some rumors that there is a 2-3 hour delay on the website...

Thank you in advance!
    They aren't selling online yet. Supply vs Demand with Demand being the victor. People are lining up trying to get their hands on CPUs and GPUs that just dropped. I heard they roll negative inventory on the site so it doesn't get added to an online cart. But that was from a discord server. 
  • I've been trying to get a rtx 3070 graphics cards for my son for 2 months now but they are sold out everywhere, and i've checked the online store for sharonville ohio but everything is out of stock. im wondering when it may be restocked and if it would be worth the 2 hour trip to go to the store.
  • aimology
    aimology
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    All stock is out.

When a store gets it on the truck, they then put them on the shelf and they are sold within 24 hours, actually less. No stores any where are getting massive stock, youre talking maybe 50 max of any 1 item/brand. Im not sure if people are new to this but thats how its done. Prime example

Best buy gets trucks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. ps5 comes hits the shelf, guess what? someone saw it and its sold as soon as its on the shelf. Doesnt even have time to go online. You would have to be lucky to have either 1) be in the store the day they got stocked off a truck or 2) caught a online buy using a bot

this is the only way to track these until supply meets demand which isnt going to happen till probably March / April.

Happens every single time, nothing new. Did this back with the ps2 and hasnt changed since. Just worse with bots now and online purchases.
  • teentitan said:
    From what I hear, restocking is unpredictable for all retailers with these cards.

Definitely check, even getting in line 15 mins before open may get you voucher, at least at the IL stores. 

There arent "vouchers" any where unless advertised as such. All MicroCenters are ran the same across the country. First come, first serve.
  • Anyone know what day microcenter gets trucks for gpu restocks?
  • From my understanding it is very random.  Went Saturday to Kansas store - they ran out of cards as soon as they got to me, and there was about 15-25 people in front of me.  Sunday - No cards at all - no shipments were received.  Monday - 9 cards and they came outside to tell everyone.
  • Do they ever get cards 2 days in a row? Looking at the website when I randomly woke up this morning, it appears my local store got some cards in, but I knew by the time I could get there they'd already be gone. Considering showing up before open tomorrow and Thursday since I have the days off work but that kind of feels like a waste. 
  • Do they ever get cards 2 days in a row? Looking at the website when I randomly woke up this morning, it appears my local store got some cards in, but I knew by the time I could get there they'd already be gone. Considering showing up before open tomorrow and Thursday since I have the days off work but that kind of feels like a waste. 
    So to answer my own question and for future reference for anyone else, Yes. They can indeed get cards in multiple days in a row. I rolled myself out of bed early and managed to get in line at about 7:10am and was able to be the last in line to get my hands on a 3080. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99