RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• any chance that anyone knows if the houston location will have 30 series in tomorrow? im planning on lining up early if they do. i know they are currently sold out.
  • Unfortunately, the card I need for SFFPC (Gigabyte Eagle) disappeared from the Micro Center website. Before, both it and the OC version of it were listed on the site. Does this mean there is no point to me going and trying to secure one through MC?
  • Does anyone think it may be worth lining up early tomorrow? Any chance there may be some 3000 cards available?
  • I'm at the Houston location now got here at 6:30a and there were already a gang of ppl in line but looks more than it is due to social distancing. If I had to guess I'd say about 50 of us. I hear vouchers are handed out about 30min before open. Will report back.
  • So they ran out of vouchers two ppl before me and I got to the store in the cold @ 6:30am. They had no 3070s or 3080s only 3060 ti. For me it's not worth it to sit outside at a store in the dark for 2 and half hours not knowing exactly how much stock the store has. The only way you can guarantee getting something is to get to the store I would guess around 4 or even earlier. Even then there is no guarantee they will have the card you want in stock. A complete mess and a learning exp. Houston store.
  • At micro center Tustin. Got here at 7am. Theres about 15 of us in line now. Will keep you updated.
  • Hello everybody, 
    I will be at Microcenter in Tustin,CA today @ 1pm and will be selling 5 3090's at $1600 a pop. First come first serve.

Text for info 626-314-1541
  • Maximilio said:
    Hello everybody, 
    I will be at Microcenter in Tustin,CA today @ 1pm and will be selling 5 3090's at $1600 a pop. First come first serve.

Text for info 626-314-1541
    Two left my dudes. Bang my line. 
  • I'm near the Dallas location, but before I try and line up. Does anyone know when it's a good time to wait outside for a chance to grab a 3080? Like what indication is there for me to know when to wait in line? Are there truck delivery days or notifications somewhere?
  • does anybody knows about the St Luis location in MN would hate to wait in line with this cold 🥶
  • Cabreash said:
    I'm near the Dallas location, but before I try and line up. Does anyone know when it's a good time to wait outside for a chance to grab a 3080? Like what indication is there for me to know when to wait in line? Are there truck delivery days or notifications somewhere?
    Read the posts I made about my experience a few days back. It is a complete crap shoot. You might roll 7 or you might roll deuce. There is no indication on when, where or what is the best strategy because let's say they have only 10 vouchers right. You get there at 4am but there were 15 ppl in line before you. Guess what? Getting there at 4am wasn't early enough and the worst part is out of those 10 vouchers there is no guarantee they will even have the card you want, let alone the model you want. 

I arrived at the Houston store the day after Christmas 6:30am. There were maybe 25-30 ppl in line. 10 minutes before the store opened they came out with the vouchers, by this time it's looking like a dope spot from the 80s fiends lined around the back of the building literally. They ran out of vouchers about a person or two before they got to me and plus they didn't have any 3070s or 3080s. Only 3060 ti and a few 6800 XTs and one 6800. Keep in mid there were at most 25-30 ppl ahead of me and that is an overestimate. 

You have to be willing to get to the store by at least 6am just to have a chance, plus be willing to do this on multiple days because the amount of stock and stock type varies greatly. 
  • jgreg said:
    does anybody knows about the St Luis location in MN would hate to wait in line with this cold 🥶
    I spoke with a MicroCenter representative on Christmas Eve by text. They are never located at the store, so be advised on this. I was told each location is running a voucher program first come first serve which means you get in line as early as possible rain, snow, sleet or hail. That's what I did on the 26th only to have the vouchers run just 1 or 2 ppl before they got to me and then to find out all the vouchers were 3060 ti and 6800 xt, which in that case a voucher was useless anyway for me. Nothing is guaranteed not even if you get there at 3-4am because if you're 5th and they only have two vouchers and all the ppl ahead of you accept them then you got cold for nothing. 
  • Thanks for the info @Tone , do you know if they have vouchers every day?
  • jgreg said:
    Thanks for the info @Tone , do you know if they have vouchers every day?
    The only way to find that out is to wait in line. You find out how many vouchers are available once they come to pass them out. Could be 100, could be 10. Depends on how much was delivered and when. Either way you must get there early. I would not get there later than 6:30. Tomorrow would probably be a bad day since so many ppl are going to be off work for the holiday. I would guess the first Monday of the New Year would be a great day to go since everyone will most likely be back at work if your schedule allows it. I would have thought about trying that day but I work day that week. My experience obviously left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm probably gonna hold out until Feb and hope supply starts to meet demand then. 
  • Anyone know how often 3080's get sent in at the Micro Center in Dallas? Or is it just completely random? And how big and when do people usually start to line up? I plan on going an hour before opening hours, BUT I feel like I will be seeing a long ass line.
  • So does anyone know how often the website updates the 3000 series stock? I have gone to the Dallas location 3 times because the website says that stock is available, but when I arrive (website still says in stock) I am told they no longer have them. I understand the whole supply and demand thing is crazy right now, I am just curious.
  • So does anyone know how often the website updates the 3000 series stock? I have gone to the Dallas location 3 times because the website says that stock is available, but when I arrive (website still says in stock) I am told they no longer have them. I understand the whole supply and demand thing is crazy right now, I am just curious.
    I don't believe the website stock levels are accurate at all. Granted the morning I got mine I did check the website at like 6:20am and it said there was A card in stock. When I got in line and picked up my card there were, at most 12 (I was 12th in line) and a number of the cards sold were models that weren't on the website at all. 
    I don't believe the website stock levels are accurate at all. Granted the morning I got mine I did check the website at like 6:20am and it said there was A card in stock. When I got in line and picked up my card there were, at most 12 (I was 12th in line) and a number of the cards sold were models that weren't on the website at all. 
    I see. Thank you for your response!
  • Any luck in the Cambridge location???
  • OwMyNuts said:
    Anyone know how often 3080's get sent in at the Micro Center in Dallas? Or is it just completely random? And how big and when do people usually start to line up? I plan on going an hour before opening hours, BUT I feel like I will be seeing a long ass line.
    I went to the Dallas location this morning because I saw some cards on the website last night. I got there an hour and a half before opening and there was a line of about 50 people. Some had camped overnight. I did not get one.
  • Has anyone heard about restocks for the Denver location? Haven't heard a lot about restocks.
  • Guys I made a few posts above about my experience waiting in line. I was able to buy a 3070 from Best Buy using the F5 refresh page method. I still can't believe it. My card arrives Sat so I suggest you guys get on Best Buy's site and refresh as much as possible. 
  • does any one know if westbury getting a restock 
  • I've replied to your first comment here.
    Thanks!
  • Any idea if Sharonville is getting 3080's or 6800XT's?
  • I only waited in line at Sharonville once (for 3080 or 6800XT), the Monday after Christmas, and the manager told us Monday was the worst day for new stock. For anyone who has had success at Sharonville or has suggestions for best day(s), time to arrive to begin waiting, etc...I am all ears.
  • Has anyone heard anything about the Dallas Micro Center? Also, how is everyone getting their info?
  • how often do the 3080's get sent in at the Micro Center in Tustin CA? Or is it just completely random? And how big and when do people usually start to line up? I plan on going a few hours before opening hours, but I feel like there will be a hella long line.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99